- 1 Is my device XXX supported
- 2 Why my device is not supported?
- 3 Recommended hardware?
- 4 Will you support Android TV?
- 5 My device lagging / stuttering!
- 6 There's no video / green screen / etc
- 7 Interlaced video is not detected as interlaced
- 8 The screen is flickering
- 9 I can't install from Google Play
- 10 Can I pay via Alipay or Wechat?
- 11 Can I open Youtube (P**nhub, etc.) video?
- 12 Can I play video from network share / DLNA server?
- 13 I see "Error checking license" message after launching.
- 14 I've sent a bug report but there's no response
- 15 Will you make iOS version?
Is my device XXX supported
We don't have any phone/tablet on the planet in our hands. This is why you can try SVPlayer by yourself for free and decide if it works for you or not.
Why my device is not supported?
- Android version older than 9;
- less than 2 GB of RAM (at least 3 GB is highly recommended);
- device doesn't support and/or provide access to OpenCL API - for example, all Google Pixel devices; NVIDIA Shield; etc.
Snapdragon 855 or equal, 4 GB of RAM
Will you support Android TV?
Probably later. Right now there're no powerful enough Android TV boxes out there. And Shield doesn't have OpenCL.
My device lagging / stuttering!
There're various methods to lower CPU consumption:
- on the "Frame rate" page move the performance/quality slider to the left, step by step;
- on the "Size and light" page set the "Decrease frame" to at least 1080p, or even to 720p.
- for the 10-bit video, _disable_ the "Allow output in 10-bit color depth" option
- turn off hardware decoder (the HW button), this may help in some cases
There's no video / green screen / etc
Try to turn off hardware decoding (via options, or with the HW button). Not every SoC supports hardware decoding of every video format or codec.
Interlaced video is not detected as interlaced
Again, turn off hardware decoding.
The screen is flickering
Update to ver. 1.1.0 or later!
I can't install from Google Play
Can I pay via Alipay or Wechat?
There's an "ungoogled" (i.e. not requiring any of Google services installed) APK available to download from the Downloads section. And you can pay for this version right on our web site with Alipay and other methods.
Can I open Youtube (P**nhub, etc.) video?
You need a direct link to the M3U8 stream. You can use 3rd-party software, for example "Web Video Caster" can open network stream in an external player.
Yes, but only using 3rd-party software. Either start playback from file managers like Total Commander or RS File Explorer or mount SMB share to the filesystem using apps like "Android Samba Client" or "AndSMB".
And you can browse DLNA server from, for example, "BubbleUPnP" and then open a video in an external player, which is SVPlayer.
I see "Error checking license" message after launching.
SVPlayer needs direct access to www.svp-team.com web site for the license approval. If you're contacting us regarding this error please tell us the indicated error code.
I've sent a bug report but there's no response
We don't know your email address unless you explicitly put it into the bug report form. Even if you're a paid user we still don't know your account address, Google doesn't share this information with us.
Will you make iOS version?
Hopefully :D but it isn't so easy in any case.