SVP:Plex Media Player
Setting up Plex Media Player (Windows, Linux, OS X)
- version used: 1.1.6 (4 Oct 2016)
- developer's web site
- Plex Premium subscription
- Python 64-bit
- Vapoursynth 64-bit
Not supported in SVP 4 Free!
If you get the playback error - An error occurred trying to play <video title> - turn off secure connections in the Plex Server settings:
Plex Server -> Settings -> Network, set Secure connections to Disabled and restart Plex Media Player.
Installation - Windows
- Install Plex Media Player 64-bit (you may need to buy Plex Premium subscription first)
- Install mpv shared library package from the SVP's installer
- Adjust some system settings to allow Plex to find the Vapoursynth installation:
- add SVP 4\mpv64 folder to the PATH environment variable
- add new env variable called PYTHONPATH, containing the same SVP 4\mpv64 path
- Replace Plex's "mpv-1.dll" with the one from "SVP 4\mpv64\": copy "C:\Program Files (x86)\SVP 4\mpv64\mpv-1.dll" to "C:\Program Files\Plex\Plex Media Player\"
- Create mpv's configuration file in "C:\Users\<name>\AppData\Local\PlexMediaPlayer\mpv.conf" with the following contents:
input-ipc-server=mpvpipe hwdec-codecs=all hr-seek-framedrop=no
- Turn on hardware video decoder: edit "C:\Users\<name>\AppData\Local\PlexMediaPlayer\plexmediaplayer.conf", find the line containing "hardwareDecoding" and set it to
Installation - OS X
- Install Plex Media Player (you may need to buy Plex Premium subscription first), lets assume that you've it in /Applications/Plex Media Player.app
- Replace Plex's libmpv.1.dylib with the one from Brew installation: /usr/local/lib/libmpv.1.dylib -> /Applications/Plex Media Player.app/Contents/Frameworks/libmpv.1.dylib
mv "/Applications/Plex Media Player.app/Contents/Frameworks/libmpv.1.dylib" "/Applications/Plex Media Player.app/Contents/Frameworks/libmpv.1.backup" ln -s /usr/local/lib/libmpv.1.dylib "/Applications/Plex Media Player.app/Contents/Frameworks/libmpv.1.dylib"
- Create mpv's configuration file in "~/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Player/mpv.conf" with the following contents:
From the Terminal:
echo "input-ipc-server=/tmp/mpvsocket" >> ~/"Library/Application Support/Plex Media Player/mpv.conf"
- Turn on hardware video decoder: edit "~/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Player/plexmediaplayer.conf", find the line containing "hardwareDecoding" and set it to
Recommended minimal mpv.conf:
input-ipc-server=/tmp/mpvsocket hwdec-codecs=all hwdec=auto-copy hr-seek-framedrop=no opengl-early-flush=no