Setting up Kodi (formerly XBMC)
- versions used: 17.0 (1 December 2016) (Windows only)
- download the latest version from official Kodi forum
This guide applies to Kodi for Windows only!
Official Kodi builds can't be used with SVP. Luckily there's a special version (a.k.a. DSPlayer) available from the community. Latest DirectShow-enabled version can be downloaded from the Kodi forum.
- Go to System -> Player settings Show picture
- Choose DSPlayer and scroll down to the Filter section Show picture
- Click on Video decoder and set Hardware decoder to use to DXVA2 (copy-back) Show picture
- Click on Extra external filter and choose ffdshow raw video filter (ffdshowrawfilter) from the list Show picture
First run (32-bit only)
- Start playing any video, SVP should catch the playback and popup warning message about 4GB aware patch
- Close Kodi and then press Patch button
And that's it!