Avisynth Filter (AVSF)
Please be aware that Avisynth Filter is currently at BETA stage.
Avisynth Filter (AVSF) is a modern and lightweight ffdshow replacement providing the following benefits:
- High color bit depth support (P010 and P016 formats),
- HDR meta-data pass-through from LAV Video Decoder to madVR video renderer,
- Much faster seeking; doesn't hang on seek like ffdshow does,
- Easy to maintain and add features, will support all the future Avisynth updates.
SVP installs everything AVSF needs automatically. If you install it manually you must turn on a "RemoteControl" feature via Windows Registry key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\AviSynthFilter\RemoteControl = 1 (DWORD)
- Add "AviSynth Filter" to the external filters list, check it and turn on "Prefer".
- Don't forget to uncheck "ffdshow raw video filter" and/or "ffdhow video decoder"!
- That's it!
- 10-bit output works best with madVR video renderer. EVR may just hang or not show anything other than a black screen in some cases.
In case you have a problem with AVSF (like video player hanging, for example), please provide AVSF log to our support.
To create a log file, open Registry Editor, locate HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\AviSynthFilter key, create new String LogFile containing <some writable path>, for example: LogFile = D:\avsf.log.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\AviSynthFilter\LogFile REG_SZ D:\avsf.log