(Redirected from Daum PotPlayer with DXVA)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Setting up Daum PotPlayer
- version used: 1.7.21486 (28 Apr 2021)
- developer's web site
Requires: Intel Media SDK DLLs (for BD3D)
SVP can work with PotPlayer via three methods:
- AviSynth Filter ("AVSF"): modern and fast, supports 10-bit and HDR, doesn't hang on seeks.
- ffdshow raw video filter: legacy, use it only if you have issues with AVSF.
- Built-in Avisynth/Vapoursynth processing: not recommended at all (see the Direct interface section for details).
- Press right mouse button -> Preferences... and go to Filter Control -> Filter Priority (Overall) section
- Click Add registered filter and select Avisynth Filter in the list, then press OK
- Select Avisynth Filter and set Priority: Prefer
- Double-click the "AviSynth Filter" line, ensure Enable remote control is selected.
- Go to Filter Control -> Video Decoder section and ensure all set to Built-in Decoder
- Click Built-in codec/DXVA settings and in the window opened check Use DXVA and Use DXVA2 Copy-Back Mode
For the ffdshow just replace "Avisynth Filter" with ffdshow raw video filter in the above steps.
PotPlayer supports Avisynth and Vapoursynth directly, without the need for AVSF or ffdshow. However this mode is NOT recommended as it has some limitations, for example it doesn't allow to change the video frame size, so SVP's Video frame and Outer lighting functions won't work.
- Turn off ffdshow raw video filter in the Filter Control -> Filter Priority (Overall) section, in case it was already set earlier
- Go to SVP's Application settings -> All settings and set main.setup.potplayer.native = true, then restart SVP
- Start a playback, SVP will now use Avisynth video filter directly
How to check
List of filters in use should be like this:
BD 3D setup
- Choose Install additional codec (OpenCodec) at installation time, or simply download Intel Media SDK DLLs.
- Open Preferences and go to 3D Mode section,
- Mark the Enable H.264 MVC 3D Decoder checkbox,
- Set Output mode to Synthesized View: TAB at full resolution.
Many useful information can be seen in the Playback/System Info... window which can be opened with Ctrl+F1 hot key.
- True HDR or high quality tone mapping: AviSynth Filter (AVSF) + madVR
- LAV Filters can be used instead of built-in decoders.