Re: New RIFE filter - 3x faster AI interpolation possible in SVP!!!

What is the best a 4060 laptop version can do with rife ?

downscale resize changed from bicubic to Lanczos

Post's attachments

generate.js 22.18 kb, 33 downloads since 2024-04-07 

... from bicubic to Spline64

Post's attachments

generate.js 22.18 kb, 32 downloads since 2024-04-07 

Chainik wrote:

Thank you!!! Where can I see which one is currently working? Is there any overlay with current readings?

pensioner600 wrote:
Chainik wrote:

Thank you!!! Where can I see which one is currently working? Is there any overlay with current readings?

Since its SVP algorithm you cant see I think, but everytime I did changes SVP4 lags and then continue playback!

1,431 (edited by dawkinscm 07-04-2024 14:59:41)

Using Lanczos resize makes a noticeable difference to GPU usage and performance plus I'm not seeing any scaling issues. So I'm guessing that the resize happens before the interpolation.

1,432 (edited by flowreen91 07-04-2024 15:45:17)

According to
https://www.vapoursynth.com/doc/functio … esize.html
https://chat.openai.com/share/f97b59fe- … 6333e9422b
it seems Spline64 is max computational max quality option.
(I'll use that from now on locally, thanks Chainik!)

Please help me sad. Been emailing SVP4 for months. My rife tensor ai not working at all. a command prompt pops up every time.  vsmrt download not working. got a 4080 laptop. Im trying to get the best video possible. Also many youtube videos usually m3u8 8k and hdr aren't downloading for me.

1,434 (edited by dawkinscm 08-04-2024 09:35:15)

surmast14 wrote:

Please help me sad. Been emailing SVP4 for months. My rife tensor ai not working at all. a command prompt pops up every time.  vsmrt download not working. got a 4080 laptop. Im trying to get the best video possible. Also many youtube videos usually m3u8 8k and hdr aren't downloading for me.

It sounds like you are trying to copy bits of advice you see on here rather than just follow SVP instructions. All the information you need is here: https://www.svp-team.com/wiki/RIFE_AI_interpolation. Check the "Problems" section at the bottom of the page for help. If that doesn't work then uninstall SVP and start again, following the instructions on this page. SVP does almost everything for you.

Thank you so much Dawkin. Your absolutely right. The bits of advice got me all the way to the last step and took days lol. That site you gave me was so much easier and 10 minutes. My copy and paste messed up too, so i reset svp and everything seems to be fine now i think. When I transcode videos it doesn't say rife engine but ignore hfr sources, but i think it's working since i put 72fps and 60fps. But if i put it through "Open file via mpv" it would say rife engine. but when i transcode it says ignore hfr sources. im guessing its working. My laptop is rated 240hz. so I don't know why 60-240fps looks about the same for smoothness. It is much smoother than the original video but i feel it can be much better with 240hz but it always looks about 60-90hz in my eyes. My mom bought me this laptop. 240hz rtx4080 intel 14900 i think 14th gen.

surmast14 wrote:

Thank you so much Dawkin. Your absolutely right. The bits of advice got me all the way to the last step and took days lol. That site you gave me was so much easier and 10 minutes. My copy and paste messed up too, so i reset svp and everything seems to be fine now i think. When I transcode videos it doesn't say rife engine but ignore hfr sources, but i think it's working since i put 72fps and 60fps.

You are welcome. You are almost there but not quite because if it says "ignore hfr sources" then you are still not running Rife. However if you follow the instructions on this page https://www.svp-team.com/wiki/Manual:SVPcode you should get there. Good luck smile

1,437 (edited by Insindro 09-04-2024 15:50:57)

In your opinions, which rife model is currently the smoothest (in terms of interpolation accuracy)?

surmast14 wrote:

it doesn't say rife engine but ignore hfr sources
I don't know why 60-240fps looks about the same for smoothness

You need to change condition in profile Ignore HFR sources : Video frame rate >= 47 fps
FAQ > I've a 120 Hz monitor and SVP doesn't work for native 60 fps videos

I've a 120 Hz monitor and SVP doesn't work for native 60 fps videos
Interpolating a video with high frame rate can be a very CPU consuming task, because 60->120 fps conversion requires twice as much resource as a 30->120 conversion.

Because of this, SVP has a built-in limiter for the source frame rate to be processed. You can override it:

Switch to Ignore HFR sources profile on the Video profiles page and set the desired frame rate limit value.
SVP before 4.3.192: by using the All settings window, see frc.target.max value.

1,439 (edited by RickyAstle98 10-04-2024 16:08:24)

Insindro wrote:

In your opinions, which rife model is currently the smoothest?

4.4 smoothest (for me)

Could someone let me know how I’d be able to change my builder optimization level?

1,441 (edited by RickyAstle98 10-04-2024 16:12:09)

Insindro wrote:

Could someone let me know how I’d be able to change my builder optimization level?

Line 137
Line 1179
Line 1297

Post's attachments

изображение_2024-04-10_211202959.png, 16.96 kb, 800 x 160
изображение_2024-04-10_211202959.png 16.96 kb, 15 downloads since 2024-04-10 

RickyAstle98 wrote:
Insindro wrote:

Line 137
Line 1179
Line 1297

Please do elaborate.. what is the impact of this? What are my options and how does it help? smile

1,443 (edited by RickyAstle98 11-04-2024 06:55:24)

scb wrote:
RickyAstle98 wrote:
Insindro wrote:

Line 137
Line 1179
Line 1297

Please do elaborate.. what is the impact of this? What are my options and how does it help? smile

Higher optimization level the longer engine build times but more accurate dynamic tactics!
Level 0 : fastest engine build/performance drop (about -2%)
Level 1 : faster engine build/performance drop (about -1%)
Level 2 : fast engine build
Level 3 : default TRT execution level
Level 4 : DONT but DONT do that plz!
Level 5 : DONT but DONT do that plz!!! (+3% performance)

1,444 (edited by vulcan78 10-04-2024 23:30:48)

I can't seem to get this to work, I went though all of the trouble installing Python and Vaporsynth and then adding Vapoursynth filter to External Filters of MPC-BE and setting it to Prefer and unchecking Avisynth SVP is telling me that Vapoursynth is required to use RIFE RT! I have an Nvidia GPU (RTX 4090), what could be the problem?! I've already tried closing and restarting both SVP and MPC-BE in order and even running SVP a admin. I don't know what the issue is! Thanks.

Update: I got it to work! I had other instances of MPC-BE open and closing them and restarting SVP and MPC-BE and it works! Even at only 48 FPS (4K) it feels smoother with less artifacts and seeking is much cleaner and responsive!

Actually I'm still having an issue somewhat, I managed to get this to work with MPV but I prefer MPC-BE and have it set as my default media player; when attempting to open video files with Vapoursynth Filter set as the External Filter for RIFE RT it presents an error "unable to initialize VapourSynth API 4.0". Searching this problem I found this thread: https://www.svp-team.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=7163, with others unable to get this to work with MPC-HC / BE and good lord this is a convoluted process of troubleshooting, Python needs to be in this exact folder, way way too complicated and too much work for this.

Did you follow the MPC-HC/BE installation instructions in the SVP manual pages?

1,447 (edited by dawkinscm 11-04-2024 00:43:24)

scb wrote:
RickyAstle98 wrote:
Insindro wrote:

Line 137
Line 1179
Line 1297

There's very little benefit in changing it. I've played with many of the options including this one and the default settings are mostly the best settings.

RickyAstle98 wrote:
Insindro wrote:

4.4 smoothest (for me)

For me they are all about as smooth as each other but 4.15 and 4.15 lite have by far the least artefacts. 4.15 lite is the best all round.

dawkinscm wrote:
scb wrote:
RickyAstle98 wrote:

Line 137
Line 1179
Line 1297

There's very little benefit in changing it. I've played with many of the options including this one and the default settings are mostly the best settings.

RickyAstle98 wrote:
Insindro wrote:

4.4 smoothest (for me)

For me they are all about as smooth as each other but 4.15 and 4.15 lite have by far the least artefacts. 4.15 lite is the best all round.

Yes and no, because someone maybe facing my issue with 4.10+ models, for MKV (especially HEVC coded) containers, where 4.10+ models provides improper frame handling!
Also one more thing, yesterday I tested 4.15 lite and see one artefact, which 4.9 is properly mask! The lite models are less precise I think?

RickyAstle98 wrote:

Yes and no, because someone maybe facing my issue with 4.10+ models, for MKV (especially HEVC coded) containers, where 4.10+ models provides improper frame handling!

I mostly have AVC encoded files but I do have a couple of HEVC encoded files which I regularly use as part of my testing and I haven't seen anything obvious.

RickyAstle98 wrote:

Also one more thing, yesterday I tested 4.15 lite and see one artefact, which 4.9 is properly mask! The lite models are less precise I think?

What I noticed was that I saw less artefacts with v4.15 when using TRT 9.2 than using TRT 8.5.1. Meanwhile 4.15 lite/72fps is still pretty good. I'm wondering if it is to do with the other changes I made to the scripts which I reverted back to default. I'm happy with 4.15 lite but I might do some experiments to see if I can improve it further by modding the scripts again.

1,450 (edited by RickyAstle98 11-04-2024 11:26:22)

dawkinscm wrote:
RickyAstle98 wrote:

I mostly have AVC encoded files but I do have a couple of HEVC encoded files which I regularly use as part of my testing and I haven't seen anything obvious.

RickyAstle98 wrote:

What I noticed was that I saw less artefacts with v4.15 when using TRT 9.2 than using TRT 8.5.1. Meanwhile 4.15 lite/72fps is still pretty good. I'm wondering if it is to do with the other changes I made to the scripts which I reverted back to default. I'm happy with 4.15 lite but I might do some experiments to see if I can improve it further by modding the scripts again.

Just this issue happens no matter what TRT installed, I have exactly same issue, and my friend with almost same PC build too, but reencoding some HEVC sources back AVC again, I said earlier its user related issue a bit, its only realtime playback bug, which mostly use, but not prerendered, I dont want render any movie or TV episodes, you maybe not facing this issue!
This is how issue look like (video is predelayed for showcase purposes) >
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tGmkW6 … ojEPp/view