SVPtube is a tiny free app to extract direct URLs to live streams from YouTube and Vimeo and send it to your preferred video player that can play this stream as normal video with SVP and/or any post processing enabled. Just copy YouTube or Vimeo link to clipboard - and that's all!
Tested with MPC-HC and Daum PotPlayer.
What this app can
- Monitor clipboard for YouTube and Vimeo links and extract direct links to video streams in different formats.
- Send any available stream to selected (or system default) video player.
- Do this automatically with "Autoplay" option enabled (from tray context menu).
- Choose preferred video size.
- These links're time limited and valid for your IP address only
- It's completely up to video player to start playback / hang / crash / etc while opening the link
- MPC-HC 1.7.xxxx is highly recommended, previous versions can hang sometimes especially with "new" YouTube "video-only" streams (see below)
- Don't forget to set video player to open videos in the same window:
- MPC-HC: "View" - "Options" - "Player" - "Use the same player for each video file"
- Daum PotPlayer: "Preferences" - "General" - "Multiple instances" - "Disable: Play files in existing instance"
YouTube and 1080p
YouTube recently "broke" MP4 streams so they're now splitted into two streams - one for video and one for audio. As of November 2013 all "old" (video plus audio) formats below 1080p are still available BUT 1080p MP4 is gone.
The only option to watch 1080p now is to use video player that can load two live streams at the same time. And the right player is MPC-HC 1.7. If you know other video players that can do this - let us know.