Topic: No active playback after recent update of SVP 4 pro

Never had an issue until recent update. I am using potplayer and set PO10 as my resolution format. PO10 needs to be set as choice for my use case of SVP. Things I have done include uninstalling and reinstalling both SVP 4 pro and potplayer. I also am using Avisynth for SVP processing since ffdshow does not support PO10. Avisynth is set as preferred under filter mgmt. These settings always worked before. I noticed the recent update had something related to PO10 but didn't catch the details before updating. Noticed logs had warnings on not finding svpflow plugins.
I have logs attached as well.

Pls help!

Thanks in advance.

Post's attachments

active.log 7.41 kb, 110 downloads since 2022-07-01 

Re: No active playback after recent update of SVP 4 pro

I see this warning:

03:43:07.895 [W]: VideoPlayer: ffdshow filter ignored in PotPlayer instance - native interface is active
03:43:37.337 [i]: ffdshow: remove instance [13040e]

It is mean you have wrong PotPlayer setup. You need to decide what interface to interact SVP you want to use:
- ffdShow - old solution
- Avisynth Fillter - new solution - recommended
- AviSynth native (direct interface) - YV12 color space only
- VapourSynth native (direct interface) - YV12 color space only

Correct setup instruction see here:
https://www.svp-team.com/wiki/SVP:Daum_ … c_settings

I haven't a clue why its picking up ffdshow since avisynth is what I am using. I bet the problem is from avisynth and the po10 related update that maybe broke something. I never had this problem before.

from the log you have 1) "direct interface" enabled and 2) ffdshow in the list
assuming you already switched "direct interface" off and replaced ffdshow with Avisynth Filter - do you see AVSF in the active filters list while playing a video?

> set PO10 as my resolution format

don't touch PotPlayers' colorspaces controls, they do odd things... if you want only P010 filters connection - just uncheck all other colorspaces in AVSF properties (or in LAV video decoder, in case you're using it)

Thanks for all input so far.

Turned off ffdshow plus uninstalled it to avoid any errors. Maybe my use case should be made clearer. I stream from appletv connected to a capture card. Potplayer taps into capture card and allows me to use madvr and up till now SVP 4 processing. PO10 (ps: unchecked others as advised) setting is needed for hdr playback of content.

In essence, I am watching live streaming content and not playback of stored video files and it always did work up until the last update.

Avisynth does not show up in potplayer's filter context menu. It is set as preferred under filters though.

Below is present log.

Post's attachments

active 2.log 5.12 kb, 101 downloads since 2022-07-02 

> Avisynth does not show up in potplayer's filter context menu

dunno what exactly you did in PotPlayer's settings that AVSF is unable to load now
please make AVSF log (https://www.svp-team.com/wiki/Avisynth_ … #Debugging)

Chainik wrote:

> Avisynth does not show up in potplayer's filter context menu

dunno what exactly you did in PotPlayer's settings that AVSF is unable to load now
please make AVSF log (https://www.svp-team.com/wiki/Avisynth_ … #Debugging)

Tried to create Avisynth debugging following instructions but was not successful at getting it to publish. I need to say though, Svp works well with playback of "stored files" with Avisynth kicking in and all. It just does not when playing a captured stream like I described earlier but it sure used to before.

It's unfortunate that a test of my use case for Svp functioning is not as popular as a test playing stored files. Hopefully an update down the road will get things working again.

The log file can't be at the system drive's root (like C:\filename.txt would often be).  I got a file to appear on H:\filename.txt though.  Assuming your current user can write files to there without admin permissions it should work fine most places, I'd think.

EternalStudent wrote:

The log file can't be at the system drive's root (like C:\filename.txt would often be).  I got a file to appear on H:\filename.txt though.  Assuming your current user can write files to there without admin permissions it should work fine most places, I'd think.

Tried other drives with write permissions but had no luck. Could be something that I am missing, not that tech savvy but here is what I am sure of:

Under Potplayer's selection preferences----> devices---->webcam(which is for capture cards as in my use case)---->format *PO10 selected*, Avisynth does not work anymore.
But under Potplayer's selection preferences----> devices---->webcam(which is for capture cards as in my use case)---->format *Any other selection besides PO10*, Avisynth works perfectly

I really do not want to rattle the devs since they've done an awesome job with SVP so far but I am hoping someone with a capture card can verify the above.

> Under Potplayer's selection preferences----> devices---->webcam(which is for capture cards as in my use case)---->format *PO10 selected*

there's no "P010" option there in my case

Chainik wrote:

> Under Potplayer's selection preferences----> devices---->webcam(which is for capture cards as in my use case)---->format *PO10 selected*

there's no "P010" option there in my case

Hmm, I wonder if it varies with the card installed. Both my elgato and avermedia card have that selection. Below is mine pictured.

Post's attachments

PO10.JPG 160.73 kb, 66 downloads since 2022-07-07 

Is it possible this post confirms my issue @Chainik ?  https://www.svp-team.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=6582