Re: MakeN PotPlayer Guide - Not Dead Yet 2021 W.I.P.

Maken1 wrote:

Main post updated

Added new profiles for SVP 3.0.5 and THANK YOU!! SVP TEAM big_smile

Maken1
You are welcome! wink

too bad sad idk what to do... i was testing the svp v3.0.5 with my two nvidias gts 250 1gb and with the new nvidia drivers 285.79 and play 1080p is impossible not matter what i do.. if i disable SLi or not is the same.. movie get 30 fps or less, the movie run very slow and i have constant svps messages that LOW PERFORMANCE, etc etc etc. With SLi Enable Gpu 1 is like 60/71% and Gpu 2 is like 10/16% of usage.. If i disable SLi then Gpu 1 goes insane to almost 9% of usage. If i disable GPU acceleration in both cases is the same result. But nothing of this happen with Nvidia drivers 285.27 :S idk what have in especial that drivers that make all this work without problem but since 285.38 then annoying problems. Not problems with SplashPro when i test the drivers. Only 720p work well with GPU Acceleration enable or not. With Nvidia drivers 285.27 and SLi Enable: Gpu 1 is 53% and Gpu 2 is 6/8% of usage with 720p and with 1080p Gpu 1 is 12/14% and GPU 2 almost the same. The problem is if i rollback to that 285.27 then i will lose the new sli game profiles for Battlefield 3, Payday The Heist, COD Modern Warfare 3, NFS The Run and the others games that the new drivers support for SLi users.

Maken1
I can tell you more. Driver 275.33 is faster than 285.* You can check it.
nVidia with each new version of drivers does OpenCL speed slower and slower sad

MAG79
Yeah im searching the solution in my case...with gtx 470 for example and core i7 860 ( a friends Pc ) runs ok XD but for me dont sad. I need more money to build a better pc ;(. The problem is that i play battlefield 3 and i need the performance that the new 285.79 provide ..this one is very good!! now for my SLi with Battlefield 3.. The same with Payday The Heist and Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3.. NO SLi with 285.27 for those games sad but Amazing performance with OpenCL as you said.

Till now is using madVR + Cuda to see what happen. I dont use madVR because it demands more cpu and gpu for my Hardware than if i dont use it. I was reading something on forums that the recommended GPU for madVR at least gt 430 and if you dont have something like that then not recommended use madVR and as you can see im on gts 250.

Thanks for you help MAG79 i will try these drivers

Main post updated.

Update 2

1-You can use any Nvidia Drivers for example 285.79 or better recommended.
2-Obligatory you need madVR now for Dual Core users and Gpus less than nvidia geforce 400 series. Quad Core and new Gpus users still can use madVR. madVR is not obligatory for those one with very good PC but its still good option for use so as you wish.
3-Obligatory you need to use LavFilters and Splitters v0.42 or better.

Maken1
You can use any Nvidia Drivers for example 285.79 or better recommended

Look at the picture from Russian forum (post).

http://www.svp-team.com/forum/misc.php?item=815

nVidia drivers 280 and 285 are slower than 270 and 275 wink

Hey MAG79, how you been? big_smile
Ohhh yeah i see :S that was my problem i said it before.. and like you said me that something happening with nvidia drivers in this days with the OpenCL its not like before or like those drivers u re mentioning. I dont use them because some games or all my fav games run much better with the last driver.
Im thinking install windows in other free partition that i got free and only configure and leave it for Watching Movies, etc with my family using the drivers that you are recommending. With the lastest Lav Filters, madVR and nVidia drivers ive solved alot my problems of super cpu usage with or without GPU Acceleration Enable ( SVP ) with 1080p, thing that was not a problem with one old driver and if i use EVR CP instead of madVR the performance and low cpu usage was amazing much less cpu usage than now sad but well all gonna change next year with my new PC.

Thanks for help and examples MAG greetings from Venezuela big_smile

34 (edited by Rimsky 09-12-2011 04:32:07)

Maken1
Im thinking install windows in other free partition that i got free and only configure and leave it for Watching Movies, etc

It's good solution for this situation with NV drivers.
It is interesting to note, that in WindowsXP SVP my system work a bit faster, for example in Win7sp1 GPUcalc=490, in WXP GPUcalc = 595 (drivers and hardware the same, of course)
In WXP my system play movies with SVP at the harder settings, so this is my first system

no matter what, becouse all modern games a) directX9 b) bullshit  big_smile

But WXP-SP3 is not support by the all_my_software, for example XBMC not work on WXP-SP3, so i tired off finding old version XBMC for WXP; progs for remote control work incorrectly.

Maken1
greetings from Venezuela

Give my regard to mr. Hugo Chavez!

Happy New Year to SVP Team and to all from Venezuela big_smile. I wish you all to watch a lot of HD Movies + SVP in this 2012. Cheers

Maken1
http://www.svp-team.com/forum/misc.php?item=898&download=1

Post's attachments

thanks.jpg, 81.82 kb, 533 x 433
thanks.jpg 81.82 kb, 3070 downloads since 2011-12-31 

Hi to all good ppls here and to all SVP Team. Omg i was so lost from here, busy with many things..well more with saving money to build my new pc and working always with my fav player+filters+SVPs profiles+custom player config+best sound and more. I will post my new updates once i finish this.

Rimsky
Ok what kind of software you use to do that? i dont know how to do that shapes on the pics to show all in that way.

Well i will do just Text and provide the images in Links and thats all. More easy then.

Step XX

sjdhsjhdsjhjshdjhshdjshdjhsjdhsjhd

IMAGE URL(s) here   ( click and save it if that person want )

39 (edited by Rimsky 17-02-2012 16:54:29)

Maken1
Ok what kind of software

dont lought loudly - MS paint.net wink

place image path in tag <URL>

what do you want to do? write a "comics" how to use SVP?
if you want to do this before you begin look at russian wiki, we have a lot of pictures there, translate text by google, may be some images good anought for you. In that cases I help a little and made en-version images for your text

Maken1
Write what you want and if I'll find something useful I'll stole images and/or description to the Wiki wink

cleaned some posts

Chainik
Write what you want and if I'll find something useful I'll stole images and/or description to the Wiki

yep, history repeats again!  big_smile

42 (edited by Maken1 17-02-2012 17:03:10)

Rimsky
oh okey thank you Rimsky. Because i have a lot of images then one easy way that im thinking now is this:

Step XX

fjsfslfjlksfljsljflsjlfjlksjfljsljflksjflsjfklsjflksjlfk

http://www.nolapeles.com/wp-content/upl … d_1080.jpg

Step XX

kdjfkdjfkdjfkdjfkdjfkdjfkdjfkdjfkdjfdkfjdkfjd

in this way i can use all images i want.  i just want to do something simple to see if peoples like and if it work for them, if is that the case then we can do something much better or proffesional for say something. Then tell me if i can do this in that way

43 (edited by Rimsky 17-02-2012 17:12:09)

Maken1
yes, in that cases al information will be in forum, but read it will be uncomfortoble, i suppose even unreadable  wink
Url adress dont tell no more for brain and heart, but viewble images in the post will help a much

here examaple of instruction for Daum Pot Player

What kind of images do you "have a lot"?

May be you want to try made offline web-pages in Dreamweaver for example with a few images and give it to us

Rimsky
ok well if i start doing only Text then later you read all and you can help in which parts or Step is more necessary Image(s) i mean show the most important only ?

For example doing this is understable right? no need for images ?

Start PotPlayer, go to Preference > Filter Control > Source/Splitter > Filter Management ( click on it ) > Add Registered filter and etc etc etc    ???

45 (edited by Rimsky 17-02-2012 17:25:35)

Maken1

images are very important

simple insruction like

PotPlayer, go to Preference > Filter Control > Source/Splitter > Filter Management ( click on it ) > Add Registered filter and etc etc etc    ???

will be usefull too, but with images instruction understand even housewife

Please, made first step, write a few words, place a few images and our relations will be more material than weightless

Maken1
There's Russian proverb meaning "only he who does nothing makes no mistakes".
So go on!  smile

Ok i will start doing something simple with some images then you all see and tell me later.

Thanks

Maken1
so how it is going?

Rimsky
Hey Rimsky how you been? smile
See the main post man, still working on it, i have some familiars here visiting us then its keeping me busy and doing it kinda slowy. I add new things everytime i can, this week it will be finish.

Hello m8, i've downloaded and installed everything as u sayed to try it. Just a fast question, when i try to open a dvd i really cant see it, i mean it opens but image are the worst ever, the sound is discontinuous as for the video images...dunnow why. Can i read Blu-ray disc? is there a damned way to play smoothly a BD? i only went here to svp just to increase bd performance and not files in bd rip the real discs. sad

Pls help cause i'm really in trouble hmm

And explain me exactly the passages, wich program should i run first and stuffs how to check the fps on the video so i can see if really i'm making some step ahead or not and bla bla. tnx

1 last question, when i right click on svp(near the clock) and i go on profiles the one who's bold written is always the 720x... dunnow why is there a way to change it by my own hand? Ty

I'm really a noob about theese kind of things but i'm trying to improve and need ur help your and from Mag79 :'((( sad