Topic: passthrough atmos via mpv ?

hi after my trial i decided to buy svp, but what i didnt realise was i couldnt passthrough atmos via default mpv player, but i instead used smplayer which worked perfect along with svp.

but now i decided to add custom mpv settings from Blackfyre in this topic https://www.svp-team.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=5907 and this doesnot work in smplayer but works in mpv player.

is there a way to either add blackfyre settings within smplayer than this will solve all my problems, or is there a code i can addto my mpv script that will enable passthrough of atmos, dts etc? at the moment my avr is getting 2ch audio via mpv, and i get full passthrough via smplayer.

alsoi found this is the best settings for me in terms of no artifacts and smoothness, i cant stand a single artifact, just ruins the experiance so i decided to stick to this.

Post's attachments

Capture.PNG 272.02 kb, 110 downloads since 2020-10-14 

Re: passthrough atmos via mpv ?

https://mpv.io/manual/master/#options-audio-spdif

Thanks will give this a try in the weekend when I get time, seems a bit confusing.  Will try read it properly.

Just also happened come across glow mpv Configurator will check both out.

smplayer shows the full command line it uses to run mpv, you can check it out and take a spdif-related values from it

got it working thanks, added this line to my mpv config file

ao=wasapi
audio-exclusive=yes
audio-spdif=ac3,eac3,dts-hd,truehd

kopmjj wrote:

got it working thanks, added this line to my mpv config file

ao=wasapi
audio-exclusive=yes
audio-spdif=ac3,eac3,dts-hd,truehd

Your HARDWORK saved me!

I have an issue where I have a 3090, LG GX 55" and DOLBY Atmos / DTS-HD will not play correctly due to the Nvidia Audio drivers under Supported Formats no longer showing DTS-HD nor Dolby ATMOS nor TRUE-HD in Encoded formats.

I spent the better part of 3-4 hours and changed the audio driver and still could not get it to show in MPC-Be x64.

On a Whim I went into MPV ( I think the colors are more accurate than MPC-BE x64 unless someone can find a better solution).
I entered your above at the bottom of mpv.conf  which I found in the SP 4\mpv64 folder

Wallah!!!

My Creative Sonic Carrier Sound bar FINALLY shows Dolby Atmos.

I paid for the DTS-HD and the dolby atmos codec in windows and that seems to help.

The only issue is that DTS-HD show sup as PCM. Hoping to find a fix for this.

Thanks again for your hard work.

Love to hear how to get better colors with SVP / Mad VR in MPV.

So far MPV seems to be the best for 4k HDR I feel.