Topic: Svp Tweak and hz problem

Can i somehow tweak svp to make it even smoother ? Can i use x3 mode when my monitor is on 120hz or should i create a custom mode for 72hz which looks terrible when i do?

Re: Svp Tweak and hz problem

Best smoothness you can get when framerate are equal to refresh rate of your monitor.

Okey but with tweak i mean can i change something in override file to make it even smoother ?

cemaydnlar wrote:

Okey but with tweak i mean can i change something in override file to make it even smoother ?

What do you mean by tweaks? There's settings that allow you to tweak all variables of SVP in the SVP Control Panel. You're using the paid version of the program yes?

5 (edited by cemaydnlar 14-10-2020 14:26:49)

Blackfyre wrote:
cemaydnlar wrote:

What do you mean by tweaks? There's settings that allow you to tweak all variables of SVP in the SVP Control Panel. You're using the paid version of the program yes?

I mean a way other than normal options that leads to smoother playback ? Is something like that possible ? Yes i use the paid version.

6 (edited by Blackfyre 14-10-2020 15:37:36)

cemaydnlar wrote:

I mean a way other than normal options that leads to smoother playback ? Is something like that possible ? Yes i use the paid version.

Of course those factors depend on display and its settings, your chosen media player, and your chosen settings for that media player.

So for example there is a panning motion scene in Game of Thrones Season 8 Episode 1, at the start when the kid goes up on the tree and the camera pans from Winterfell to the Army (this is a perfect scene when changing settings to judge smoothness).

I use MPV personally. So I always found a smoothness issue in this scene back in the day. If I have SVP frame rate conversion set to movie x2 and the refresh rate from nVidia control panel to 50Hz. It would play at 48 frames, and those 2 extra frames when they get dropped or delayed, it caused a hiccup in that scene too sometimes. If I set svp motion to screen, it played smooth in most cases at 50Hz, but sometimes when re-checking that scene over and over again it would hiccup sometimes and sometimes it would run smoothly. So I kept digging into mpv's settings and found "video-sync=display-resample", adding that to my mpv configuration, as well as using full-screen-exclusive mode finally adjusted and added an extra layer of smoothness that allowed for 0 hiccups in that scene no matter how many times I replayed it, and since then, everything has been smoother for me. Now every time before I watch content personally I switched my refreshrate to 50Hz and with my mpv settings it's perfect for me.

Here are my mpv configurations if you're interested. These run with my hardware, but doesn't mean they'll run with yours and also pick and choose only the important stuff, you don't need everything for just testing, for example all the lines for the shaders I use at the bottom when you scroll down the code can be removed. The section for changing my subtitles section can also be removed too.

ontop
priority=high

angle-flip=no

cache=yes
demuxer-seekable-cache=yes

ao=wasapi
audio-exclusive=no
audio-samplerate=48000
audio-format=s32
ad-lavc-downmix=yes
audio-channels=stereo

video-sync=display-resample
vulkan-swap-mode=fifo

osd-level=1

video-latency-hacks=no
demuxer-thread=yes

vo=gpu
profile=gpu-hq
fbo-format=rgba16hf
gpu-api=vulkan
gpu-context=winvk
hwdec=nvdec
spirv-compiler=shaderc

vd-lavc-dr=yes
vulkan-async-transfer
vulkan-async-compute

volume-max=100

tone-mapping=hable
tone-mapping-max-boost=1.0
hdr-compute-peak=yes

dither-depth=N
dither=fruit
dither-size-fruit=2

scale=ewa_lanczossharp
cscale=ewa_lanczossharp
dscale=ewa_lanczossharp
dither-depth=auto
correct-downscaling=yes
sigmoid-upscaling=yes

sub-ass-shaper=complex
sub-font-size=35
sub-scale-by-window=yes
sub-pos=100
sub-align-x=center
sub-align-y=bottom
sub-margin-y=3

sws-allow-zimg=no
zimg-fast=no

deband=yes
deband-iterations=4
deband-threshold=64
deband-range=16
deband-grain=48

ytdl-format=best

glsl-shader="C:\Users\musta\AppData\Roaming\mpv\Shaders\noise_static_chroma.hook"
glsl-shader="C:\Users\musta\AppData\Roaming\mpv\Shaders\noise_static_luma.hook"
glsl-shader="C:\Users\musta\AppData\Roaming\mpv\Shaders\antiring.hook"

glsl-shader="C:\Users\musta\AppData\Roaming\mpv\Shaders\KrigBilateral.glsl"

profile-desc=cond:get('height', 0) < 1440
glsl-shader="C:\Users\musta\AppData\Roaming\mpv\Shaders\FSRCNNX_x2_8-0-4-1.glsl"
glsl-shader="C:\Users\musta\AppData\Roaming\mpv\Shaders\SSimDownscaler.glsl"
dither-size-fruit=6

My settings are like this;
Uniform
Standard
Disabled
One Pixel
14px
Local refinement
Average
Average
Average

Is there something i can change to achieve the smoothest playback settings ?

cemaydnlar wrote:

Test this:

Change from 14px to 28px

Change the Average, Average, Average to Large, Strongest, Large.

Blackfyre wrote:
cemaydnlar wrote:

Test this:

Change from 14px to 28px

Change the Average, Average, Average to Large, Strongest, Large.

Not much has changed still looks the same. Can you please explain what this changes did ?

Okey i found the problem it was x5 or any x setting. For me the only thing working is to screen. When i set it to screen it started to look smooth as hell.

cemaydnlar wrote:

When i set it to screen it started to look smooth as hell.

I did tell you to try that above smile but always feels better when you learn on your own haha

Blackfyre wrote:
cemaydnlar wrote:

When i set it to screen it started to look smooth as hell.

I did tell you to try that above smile but always feels better when you learn on your own haha

Sorry didn't see that part and thanks for your help big_smile