1 (edited by The Illusive Man 11-01-2017 21:34:43)

Topic: Frame Dropping

I have recently upgraded my pc, swapped my hdd for sdd and since reinstalling svp I can't get it to work.

Specs:
i5-3570k running at 4.ghz
Radeon r9 290 4gb gpu
12gb RAM

I installed the bundle -mpc-hc,avisynth,ffdshow,reclock,madvr ( got the correct version for my mpc-hc 32 bit)
Added the ffdshow raw video filter and set it as preferred

But all my videos lag a good few seconds behind the audio.

Things I have tried:
Adjusting reclock settings
Lowering madvr settings
Disabled "use direct3D" in madvr
setting svp to higher perfromance
disabling gpu acceleration
using EVR instead of Madvr
I have also uninstalled everything, ran ccleaner and done a fresh install, incase any old settings files where causing the issue.

But no matter what I do the video lags and frames are dropped.

Not sure what all would be helpful for me to upload to this post, but i've atached  a screenshot with a frame dropped readout and the list of active filters.
*Edit image of active filters was too large to attach so ive uploaded elsehwere, hope the links ok
https://i.imgsafe.org/6a382510cf.jpg

Apologies if im missing something obvious, last time all I had to do was install and run and it worked fine.

Thank you

Post's attachments

Untitled.jpg 378.14 kb, 168 downloads since 2017-01-11 

Re: Frame Dropping

first thing I'd try with any audio sync problems is to remove ReClock from the filter chain

2nd - why "ffdshow Audio decoder"? did you set it for a reason?

3 (edited by The Illusive Man 11-01-2017 21:48:02)

Sorry forgot to mention that I also tried without reclock at all.

I have the audio decoder as I sometimes watch things on my tv through a surround sound system. and I used ffdhsow to encode surround sound AAC track to AC3 on the fly so they work correctly with my a/v receiver.   

On the subject of the reciever I will point out that it doesnt matter if I watch something on my tv via the reciever or directly on the monitor the same issue occurs.

4 (edited by biff 12-01-2017 03:11:24)

I use ffdshow audio decoder too because MPC-HC and MPC-BE don't seem to output 4.1 audio. Neither does SMPlayer.

Which is why I primarily use PotPlayer, which does support 4.1 audio output.

bump - any ideas at all?

Did you try madVR fullscreen exclusive mode?
It must work without dropped frames

Hi, I don't use MadVr anymore but I used to. According to your screenshot, your vsync is 16.68ms whereas your average rendering time is 17.52ms, which, if I remember correctly, is too slow and will cause frame drops, choppy play, etc.
Average rendering time needs to be below 16.68ms, I believe.
Beyond that, you might try using PotPlayer, which is what I use (the 64bit version, works perfect without ReClock).
My rig is kinda like yours, i5-3570k (but no overclock and my card is a GTX970 which approximates yours anyway)