Re: Recent crashes

Was working perfectly fine for me until the last few updates and now crashes all the time. Can't watch a complete show or movie if i have SVP activated. Latest was tonight

ntdll!RtlpAllocateHeap+0x1470
ntdll!RtlAllocateHeap+0x14d
d3d9!CDriverSurface::InternalLockRect+0xb8

OK, lets try it this way - see the attached files - unpack and replace files in the SVP install dir.
SVP 4 Pro only!

This's basically the same version as in 4.0.0.60 plus a little additions to make it compatible with the latest Manager.

It won't work for SVP 4 Free cause it requires a small change in the script generator - which requires an update for the Manager itself in case of Free version.

The log should look like this:

12:08:41.811 [-I]: Main: module 'plugins/svpflow1.dll': 4.0.0.132
12:08:41.811 [-I]: Main: module 'plugins/svpflow2.dll': 4.0.0.667
12:08:41.812 [-I]: Main: module 'plugins64/svpflow1.dll': 4.0.0.132
12:08:41.812 [-I]: Main: module 'plugins64/svpflow2.dll': 4.0.0.667
Post's attachments

plugins-test-667.zip 703.34 kb, 688 downloads since 2016-04-27 

103 (edited by Blackfyre 27-04-2016 23:17:27)

Chainik wrote:

OK, lets try it this way - see the attached files - unpack and replace files in the SVP install dir.
SVP 4 Pro only!

I placed the post before the EDIT in this quote:

Haven't done a lot of testing yet. Just a two hour movie, but it worked smoothly with the latest 4.0.0.74 with no hanging or crashing using MPC + Madvr and Processing Threads set to 23 with GPU Acceleration enabled on my Intel HD4600.

Before with GPU Acceleration enabled and Processing Threads set to 23 it would crash within the first minute, if not the first few seconds. However processing threads @ 19 still show small hanging.
I hope we're getting closer to figuring out the problem big_smile

Anyway I need to test more. I tested a 1080p blu-ray rip movie (15Gb), which is 1920x800. I need to test 720p, and I need to test FULL 1080p @ 1920x1080p (Like a TV Show). I will report back if there's issues.

EDIT:

Okay no crashing BUT hanging still occurs with the files you attached (even with processing threads set to 23). The thing is the hanging is faster than before though... So instead of 300 frames dropping, 50 frames would drop... It would lag for one second (because it drops frames) and it goes back to normal after 1 second. With FULL Screen 1080p (which I just tested and it became easier to see) hanging becomes longer.

AND with version 4.0.0.60 still everything works smoothly with no hanging and no crashing.

Tried installing the older .60 version due to constant crashes but wont install saying it cant find Qt5Concurrent.dll

What is that?

vice86 wrote:

Tried installing the older .60 version due to constant crashes but wont install saying it cant find Qt5Concurrent.dll

What is that?

You don't INSTALL the older version, you install the latest version, and then extract 4.0.0.60 FILE that Chainik posted on Page 2 into the SVP directory.

So you extract the files inside svp4-60.zip (plugins-60 folder, script-60 folder, and SVPManager Free or PRO executable depending on which version you use) into the SVP 4 Directory.

Which is located @ C:\Program Files (x86)\SVP 4

Once you've extracted them into the SVP Folder, send a shortcut to desktop of SVPManager-PRO/Free60.exe, and go to the desktop and rename the shortcut SVP OLD. Use that to launch the older version.

lets just forget about .60 version for now big_smile

to fix crashes use the package from that message - http://www.svp-team.com/forum/viewtopic … 896#p58896

Blackfyre wrote:
vice86 wrote:

What is that?

You don't INSTALL the older version, you install the latest version, and then extract 4.0.0.60 FILE that Chainik posted on Page 2 into the SVP directory.

So you extract the files inside svp4-60.zip (plugins-60 folder, script-60 folder, and SVPManager Free or PRO executable depending on which version you use) into the SVP 4 Directory.

Which is located @ C:\Program Files (x86)\SVP 4

Once you've extracted them into the SVP Folder, send a shortcut to desktop of SVPManager-PRO/Free60.exe, and go to the desktop and rename the shortcut SVP OLD. Use that to launch the older version.

ah did not know that. Thanks for the info.

should be fixed (for now) in 4.0.0.76

109 (edited by Blackfyre 01-05-2016 04:27:13)

Chainik wrote:

should be fixed (for now) in 4.0.0.76

3 Hours of testing so far and it's stable. I would say even more stable than 4.0.0.60 because I even pushed it over the limit and done everything I can to crash it, but it didn't crash. Only tested 1920x800 so far though. Still need to test 720p and FULL 1080p. I should probably test 4K too, that always crashed before no matter which version.

EDIT #01

I done a few more hours of testing with 4.0.0.76 and it is very stable. The best version so far stability wise. 4K videos still crash, but 4K has always crashed, it has never been stable with my settings. But yeah everything else works perfectly, even if I push it over the limit.

However, I wanted to ask a question, did artifact masking change at all with this version? Using the same settings I am noticing more artifacts now (I think, I'm not sure). Is that how you guys fixed the issue? I have always had artifact masking set on "strong", which keeps the video fairly smooth, and artifacts to the minimum. Putting it on "strongest" destroys smoothness so I never use that. But I'm not sure if it's just me paying too much attention maybe to the scenes because the material I am testing with is being re-watched, so I am focusing more on artifacts and less on what's happening elsewhere on the screen. Oh and artifacts are the same now using 4.0.0.60 or the latest 4.0.0.76 (so if anything did change, it affects globally, not just the latest version).

Anyway great job fixing the issue.

I also wanted to ask Chainik can you make a ZIP file with 4.0.0.76 just like you did for 4.0.0.60

EDIT #02

Don't worry about the artifacts, I had SVP Shader set to complicated, I was supposed to keep that on standard in my settings (I forgot). My bad, I'll go back to doing some more tests now.

EDIT #03

Okay STILL there are NO crashes wtih 4.0.0.76 but hanging is still happening, I have just attached as much information as possibel after the hanging happened watching a 1920x1080 episode of Vikings (and I sent a report).

It is also related to SVP Shader being set to "standard", because under "complicated" no hanging happens at all, but under "complicated" there's more artifacts.

4.0.0.60 doesn't have the hanging issue (even with SVP Shader @ Standard). I hope we fix this problem of dropping frames (hanging).

At least we're getting closer to finding out the problem (hopefully).

110 (edited by Blackfyre 04-05-2016 03:32:46)

Okay just an update on the above.

The hanging issue has been fixed from EDIT #03 above (read the whole comment above this one).

With the latest version 4.0.0.76 with Processing Threads set to AUTO, and GPU Acceleration Enabled on the AMD R9 280X instead of the Intel HD 4600 (the hanging issue has also been fixed now, even with SVP Shader set on Standard). I done a few hours of testing on 720p, 1080p (both 1920x800 and 1920x1080) and all videos ran smoothly with no crashes and no hanging so far using my custom settings:

HOWEVER: 4K content still crashes, I just sent a report using SVP after the crash.

http://i.imgur.com/7KViWLC.png

EDIT #04

Hanging happened again sad

I'm just going to continue using 4.0.0.60

Glad the crash issue was fixed though, hopefully we get to the bottom of this issue too.

111 (edited by ionutm80 04-05-2016 09:54:46)

Hi,

Just a small update also on my side:
- confirm that no more crashes occur / however I plan to test in a loop a movie for several hours to be 110% sure
- also encountered some sort of hanging / hiccup and is quite annoying, one in less than 5 sec. but the fact is that is only happening in x86 while in x64 everything is butter smooth
- SVP, both for x86 and x64, now loads only if FFDShow is the first on the list of external filters before LAV and only if I launch MPC-HC (1.7.10.130) with admin rights

Hope this helps narrowing further the issue.

And one more question: although for me x64 chain seems more stable than x86 I'm missing ReClock to fine tune between 59.94 and my screen resolution which is not a perfect 60Hz, is there any solution similar to be used with x64?

ionutm80

SVP, both for x86 and x64, now loads only if FFDShow is the first on the list of external filters

My chain:

Filters currently loaded:
  - Default DirectSound Device
  - Enhanced Video Renderer (custom presenter)
  - Audio Switcher
  - ffdshow raw video filter
  - LAV Audio Decoder (internal)
  - LAV Video Decoder (internal)
  - LAV Splitter Source (internal)

It is MPC-HC 1.7.10 x86 filter list (menu Play - Filters - Copy filters list to clipboard). Bottom the first, upper the last. ffdShow raw after LAV Video. It must be so. It is normal.

ionutm80

x64 chain seems more stable than x86 I'm missing ReClock to fine tune

Try EVR Sync renderer in MPC-HC x64.
menu View - Options - Output - Sync Renderer with D3D Fullscreen option enabled.

Ctrl-J to switch statisics details. See dropped frames number. It can grow at start but must stay unchanged while playback.
Ctrl-Win-T to enable/disable SVP tearing test (orange line). Use it to control smoothness
Ctrl-T to enable/disable MPC-HC tearing test (red double line). Use it to control smoothness

Post's attachments

MPC-HC_x64_with_EVR_Sync.png, 21.52 kb, 638 x 381
MPC-HC_x64_with_EVR_Sync.png 21.52 kb, 525 downloads since 2016-05-04 

114 (edited by ionutm80 04-05-2016 13:37:11)

@MAG79

Fully agree with you smile, but I was referring to the order in MPC-HC / Options / External Filters where you add them manually. In playback Filters the order is the one you posted.
But nevertheless this might be a small culprit with my config ...nevermind, the big change for me was the need to launch MPC-HC with admin rights (quite easy to do but strange, usually in the past SVP needed to be launched with admin rights not MPC-HC).

MAG79 wrote:

ionutm80

x64 chain seems more stable than x86 I'm missing ReClock to fine tune

Try EVR Sync renderer in MPC-HC x64.
menu View - Options - Output - Sync Renderer with D3D Fullscreen option enabled.

Thanks for the suggestion but madVR is a must for me ...

@ionutm80 mpv has reclock like feature and some of madvr features (scaling dithering and so on)

dlr5668 wrote:

@ionutm80 mpv has reclock like feature and some of madvr features (scaling dithering and so on)

I did not know that, thanks.

ionutm80

need to launch MPC-HC with admin rights

It is not normal. Looks like SVP manager are launched with admin rights too. Just fix it. Launch SVP Manager with user rights wink

MAG79 wrote:

ionutm80

need to launch MPC-HC with admin rights

It is not normal. Looks like SVP manager are launched with admin rights too. Just fix it. Launch SVP Manager with user rights wink

I have no idea what I messed up than ... SVP is set to automatically load at startup ...

ionutm80 wrote:
dlr5668 wrote:

I did not know that, thanks.

Do you have a conf file with dxva2-coyback decoding, nnedi3 luma upscaling, etc. that you can share so that I can take a look?

ionutm80

SVP is set to automatically load at startup

Perhaps it was applyed from another user. Just close SVP Manager. Run it normally from windows explorer and then disable and enable again autostart option.
SVP tray menu - Application settings - Load at Windows startup

After that:
1. Check if player works with user rights
2. Restart windows and check it again

MAG79 wrote:

ionutm80

SVP is set to automatically load at startup

Perhaps it was applyed from another user. Just close SVP Manager. Run it normally from windows explorer and then disable and enable again autostart option.
SVP tray menu - Application settings - Load at Windows startup

After that:
1. Check if player works with user rights
2. Restart windows and check it again

Thanks, it worked!☺

A small update: installed MPC-HC 1.7.10.205 and no more hangings for me in x86 or ... maybe I was too tired to notice them smile.

Nevertheless it's still a pity that there is no ReClock for x64: i see 1 drop frame in 4-5 hrs in x86 w/. ReClock while 1 frame repeat every 34 seconds in x64 w/o ReClock ...