1 (edited by Mystery 05-04-2015 05:08:57)

Topic: SVP Running When It Shouldn't

On my system, SVP work with MPC-HC but not in Windows Media Player.

In the software I developed, I play videos with the WMP ActiveX Control, and also with .NET WPF's MediaElement control (which allow me to play various layers of semi-transparent videos).

It used to work fine, but lately, although SVP doesn't affect Windows Media Player, it DOES run within my app's WMP ActiveX Control and within the WPF MediaElement control. Not sure what changed.

This does cause troubles because
1. I have a non-MT version of AviSynth.dll in the root of my application so that re-encoding previews crash less.
2. I can have several videos playing at once.

Why is SVP running within my app, and how can I prevent this?

I normally play videos through MPC-HC which I control via API; that's the only place where I want SVP to be running.

Re: SVP Running When It Shouldn't

Mystery
Use blacklist from SVP hidden settings. Right application name you can see in the SVP last launch log.
So you can disable smoothing for listed applications.

;Black list of windows applcations which must not be smoothed
BlackListApps=gdsmux.exe;AvsP.exe;AvsPmod.exe;megui.exe;VirtualDub.exe;VirtualDubMod.exe;avs4x264.exe;avs4x264mod.exe;vfw4x264.exe;x264.exe;xvid_encraw.exe;SubtitleWorkshop.exe;XviD4PSP.exe

Is that a settings file I would programmatically edit? Where is this file located?

4 (edited by Blackfyre 05-04-2015 07:22:56)

Mystery wrote:

Is that a settings file I would programmatically edit? Where is this file located?

Right click SVP Manager Tray Icon, open the side menu "information", then click on "hidden settings".

Find the line of code he's referring to above.

Great, it's working! Then SVP needs to be closed and re-opened for the changes to properly take effect.

Mystery
Yes. You are right. Most of hidden settings are applied when SVP-Manager starts. And to changes take effect SVP Manager need restart.

It was actually applying the modified setting for some videos only, and would keep causing crashes for other videos... probably some cache of some sort, but odd behavior.

After restarting SVP, it was all back to normal.

8 (edited by Mystery 15-04-2015 17:05:38)

Now I've seen another weird place where it ran when it shouldn't. While hosting an online conference with http://mconf.org/, it tried to activate itself on the live cam video feed within the browser! If it was working properly, that wouldn't be much of an issue, but when it fails to initialize, it just screws up the application.

Mystery
If ffdshow runs - SVP runs. If not then not.
What exactly is your question? Why DirectShow filters are in use in some "weird" places?

10 (edited by Mystery 16-04-2015 05:36:31)

This started happening at some point, whereas it didn't before.

Why is ffdshow how running in Windows Media Player ActiveX control and within Firefox, while it didn't before?

Also, why is ffdshow running in WMP ActiveX control and not in Windows Media Player itself?