1 (edited by Jeff R 1 01-03-2015 20:21:32)

Topic: What is the purpose of using Reclock with SVP?

What is the purpose of using Reclock with SVP ? Did a search on this and really didn't find anything.
I am thinking that since SVP is taking the native frame rate of a Blu-ray at 23.976 FPS and interpolating frame to 59.94 FPS, that I may not need Reclock.
I believe this to be so since the NVIDIA control panel shows a refresh rate of 59 Hz available when hooked up to my projector.
Is it better to have a faster processor or more cores ?
I have a i7-4770k at stock speed running at 3.5 Ghz and has a turbo boost to 3.9 GHz.
It can be pushed to what ever, but it will have to be water cooled.

I am also running a EVGA GTX 980, so is there any advantage to what you see in the screen shot as a setting ?

Thanks !  smile

Post's attachments

NVIDIA.PNG, 61.88 kb, 746 x 643
NVIDIA.PNG 61.88 kb, 683 downloads since 2015-03-01 

Re: What is the purpose of using Reclock with SVP?

Jeff R 1
You can ignore ReClock installation. It gives you more artifacts and more CPU usage or regulate jerks. For example read this post.
Did you see hidden setting NoJerksWithoutReClock and did you read comment near it?
(SVP tray menu - Information - Hidden settings)

What real refreshrate has your 59Hz mode?
You can see it in SVP additional information or in renderer info by Ctrl-J

Thanks for the answer.  smile
59Hz is actually 59.941...  Interesting... Never knew that.
Is there any real advantage using the 59.951 setting over 60Hz ?

I occasionally get slight jerks in the video stream, but that even happens with the interpolation feature on my projector (SVP turned off)
Some of it is attributed to the actual Blu-ray disc playing, I can hear it spinning up again when the buffer is emptied (if that makes sense).

I tell about regulate jerks from one in 3 seconds to one in 15 minutes. It is very annoying jerks because all other frames (suggested) painted in time all at its places. Playback is smooth.

If you have 59.941 Hz mode and your video after SVP has 59.94 then you will see accumulated error 1 frame long every 59.941/(59.941-59.94) = 59941 sec = 16.6 hours. One jerk at 16.6 hours. So you can use 59.941 Hz mode without ReClock. Any movie is shorter than 16 hours smile You will not see the jerk.

Thanks for the explanation.
I also found in the FAQ section that a faster processor is preferred over more cores.  smile

I never install ReClock, useless

MaXimus
Everyone must decide for himself.
I watched yesterday 50 fps video at 144 Hz mode with 3x smoothness factor.
50 * 3 = 150 fps. After ReClock's slowdown to 0.96x speed it makes maximum quality movements at video with maximum smoothness with minimum available artifacts. And with no jerks.

8 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 04-03-2015 01:49:45)

I never use ReClock since my monitor can already natively run at 90hz, 96hz, 100hz, and 120hz.  Not only that, but I'm an audiophile first and a videophile second, so the last thing I want is my audio to be resampled.

In my case, ReClock can't detect 59.94 fps for mkv playback, but it can detect when playing other than mkv (like, mp4, avi, mpg, mov etc).

That's strange but not that I care, as long it doesn't disturb my watching experience, I let it be smile