Topic: New Option: Adaptive Pattern

I see this new option in the latest version: Adaptive Pattern. How does it work and how should I set it? It's not yet in the doc.

Re: New Option: Adaptive Pattern

"fixed" modes - uniform, 1m, 1m50, 2m
"adaptive" switches between (some of) them in each frame by using "motion vectors quality" metric
default behavior is: "good vectors" -> uniform, "bad vectors" -> 1m, "very bad vectors" -> 1m50

3 (edited by theonepugna 04-04-2019 21:30:06)

can the adaptive pattern be configured for lets say anime, like the panning scenes to be smooth and the actions scenes to be in 1.5-2m mode to get all the animation details?

Does this new feature improve quality or simply gives more flexibility for special cases?

Mystery wrote:

Does this new feature improve quality or simply gives more flexibility for special cases?

Yes it does. Try with 3x (72hz)

> gives more flexibility for special cases

just another way to trade smoothness for quality (i.e. leave even more original frames in "bad" scenes)
it doesn't change quality of computed intermediate frames

Chainik wrote:

"adaptive" switches between (some of) them in each frame by using "motion vectors quality" metric
default behavior is: "good vectors" -> uniform, "bad vectors" -> 1m, "very bad vectors" -> 1m50

can you disable this option?

8 (edited by dlr5668 06-04-2019 19:01:29)

theonepugna wrote:
Chainik wrote:

it was always active in adaptive mode wink Now u can configure it. Its pretty big quality (less smoothing in hard scene and much less artifacts) boost imo with right settings

dlr5668 wrote:
theonepugna wrote:
Chainik wrote:

it was always active in adaptive mode wink Now u can configure it. Its pretty big quality (less smoothing in hard scene and much less artifacts) boost imo with right settings

after playing with it I like the fact that you can configure your own settings in the application settings, awesome <3

Which do you think it's the best combination for this option, and thanks for all involved in the best program ever.