Topic: Why would I even consider purchasing such an unfinished product?

Now that a paid version is out, I have a lot of bones with it. For one, getting the dang thing to work at all is such a major headache no matter what computer I install it on, it requires the use of 3rd party plugins that are ancient to even run. It seems more like some hobby project than anything else, even in version 4. Why would I pay for a major headache of configuration issues that I have literally poured countless hours into trying to solve?

Re: Why would I even consider purchasing such an unfinished product?

Not sure what you're doing wrong. Worked out of the box for me, didn't change a single setting except for disabling black bar detection. I did have to close and reopen it once after install to make it work entirely properly though.

This's why there's a Free version available. Try before purchase, it's simple.

Some videos play in slow motion, many of them have AV out of sync etc. It just never seems to just work.

http://www.svp-team.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3036
big_smile

yepimonfire wrote:

Now that a paid version is out, I have a lot of bones with it. For one, getting the dang thing to work at all is such a major headache no matter what computer I install it on, it requires the use of 3rd party plugins that are ancient to even run. It seems more like some hobby project than anything else, even in version 4. Why would I pay for a major headache of configuration issues that I have literally poured countless hours into trying to solve?

1. As suggested above, why didn't you test the free version prior to purchasing the full-version?

2. How is getting the thing to work on multiple computers a pain? It's almost as easy as a "plug & play" device, all you have to do is follow the installation instructions, then make sure all background apps are closed when you run SVP for the first time.

3. What's wrong with "ancient" 3rd party plug-ins? Programs like ffdShow were in development for over 10 years! They're not perfect, but they are the best we have!

4. As for your last question. You could have downloaded SVP 3, tested and ran all different type of configurations (and if they worked fine there, they'll definitely work fine here, because SVP 4 uses less resources to produce the same results).

Just for the record, what hardware are you using?

What are the specs on you CPU, GPU, RAM?

yepimonfire wrote:

it requires the use of 3rd party plugins that are ancient to even run.

Since it's ancient, it means it's available to low-end specs, isn't a nice thing?

yepimonfire wrote:

It seems more like some hobby project than anything else, even in version 4.

SVPFlow and MVtools are available if you're not happy with their GUI manager.

yepimonfire wrote:

Why would I pay for a major headache of configuration issues that I have literally poured countless hours into trying to solve?

Since others people didn't even need to do some lengthy setting, it's the very sign you've been solving the wrong problem.

8 (edited by oviano 21-12-2015 07:43:25)

My experience is the opposite. It's fantastic and works very well for me.

However for people who do have issues I've noticed that the developers are always very happy to help.

So I think you're being very harsh.

You could start by properly detailing the problems you are having, including your setup, instead of ranting.