1 (edited by Cinder 17-11-2015 21:43:50)

Topic: SVP 4 Pro "No active playback" on Windows 10

Yesterday I found that SVP4 Pro on my HTPC running Windows 10 and a nVidia GTX 960 had stopped working. As to my knowledge I had made no changes to SVP, except that I think my license key was renewed due to changing the email address associated with the key.

So I ended up removing all video playback programs, avisynth, reclock, mpc-hc, SVP and so on, then reinstalled using the SVP 4 downloader.
Still after uninstall/reinstall SVP does not recognize video playback even though I run MPC-HC, FFDShow Raw is registered and LAV Filters is set to Copy-Back.

I am out of ideas, any clue as to what might be causing SVP to ignore my videos from both MPC-HC and Kodi DSPlayer even though FFShow Raw is working?
Thanks

Re: SVP 4 Pro "No active playback" on Windows 10

Cinder I had a similar problem, the executable is not installed correctly some programs , during installation you had any error messages? , I resolved to change the name of the version of each program could not find the installer SVP4 , after the installation was complete everything was fine.

Drakko01 wrote:

Cinder I had a similar problem, the executable is not installed correctly some programs , during installation you had any error messages? , I resolved to change the name of the version of each program could not find the installer SVP4 , after the installation was complete everything was fine.

I did not see any error messages while installing the last few times. Earlier there was some error when installing MPC-HC, but I think that was fixed by rebooting and trying to install again.

What do you mean by "change the name of the version of each program could not find the installer SVP4"?

4 (edited by Drakko01 18-11-2015 13:34:47)

Cinder , the error in my case was that the installer could not find the same name of the version hosted on temp files, i rename those and retry in the installer , so run anyway. That fix my problem, you have the ffddshow raw in external filters in prefer mode.

Cinder
Check, if ffdShow is correctluy loaded when playback.
Open video file MPC-HC, then menu paly - Filters. Do you see ffdShow there?
If not then you need to setup MPC-HC.

Post's attachments

ffdShow.jpg, 93.65 kb, 649 x 487
ffdShow.jpg 93.65 kb, 943 downloads since 2015-11-18 

MAG79 wrote:

Cinder
Check, if ffdShow is correctluy loaded when playback.
Open video file MPC-HC, then menu paly - Filters. Do you see ffdShow there?
If not then you need to setup MPC-HC.

Yes, FFDShow Raw is in the loaded filters list in MPC-HC, which is making this so strange.

Cinder
Check if MPC-HC x86 version (not x64). In MPC-HC - Help - About menu
And run both MPC-HC and SVP from one user (not Admin).

Have you tried a fresh portable copy of MPC-HC?
http://portableapps.com/apps/music_vide … c-portable

From there follow these simple set-up instructions to make it work with SVP:
https://www.svp-team.com/w/index.php?title=SVP:MPC-HC

Just note that, if you're a user if Livestreamer, that it doesn't work with portable MPC-HC.

9 (edited by Cinder 18-11-2015 20:08:04)

MAG79 wrote:

Cinder
Check if MPC-HC x86 version (not x64). In MPC-HC - Help - About menu
And run both MPC-HC and SVP from one user (not Admin).

There is no information about x86/x64 in the About menu, but I should be running the x86 version since I installed MPC-HC with the SVP package.
In fact, I installed everything except madVR via the SVP package. I also tried running as admin/not admin but it doesn't make any difference.

I use SVP with Kodi DSPlayer, and it doesn't work via Kodi now either, so the issue is not likely MPC-HC only as I see it.

Nintendo Maniac 64 wrote:

Have you tried a fresh portable copy of MPC-HC?
http://portableapps.com/apps/music_vide … c-portable

From there follow these simple set-up instructions to make it work with SVP:
https://www.svp-team.com/w/index.php?title=SVP:MPC-HC

Just note that, if you're a user if Livestreamer, that it doesn't work with portable MPC-HC.

I dont see why I should install portable MPC-HC since I just had the regular setup working two days ago, dont know what happened to my HTPC, something is really messed up since not even reinstalling seems to do the trick... sad

10 (edited by Cinder 18-11-2015 20:25:15)

All right, I got SVP4 working again.

I uninstalled everything related to SVP4, reinstalled it again - no change.
Uninstalled and reinstalled Kodi DSPlayer - no change.

Finally uninstalled SVP4 completely, and unregistered the license key for my HTPC via the License Manager site.
Then reinstalled SVP4, rebooted and input the key again and now it works.

Basically I think there is some flaw in the license key management of SVP4, it might need to check this differently and needs to ask immediately for the key, not only after boot (SVP did not ask for key right after installing, at which point it still didn't work). This is consistent with the fact that two days ago my license key was moved to another email address, SVP did not recognize this move and thus got messed up, is my theory.

Cinder wrote:

Basically I think there is some flaw in the license key management of SVP4, it might need to check this differently and needs to ask immediately for the key, not only after boot (SVP did not ask for key right after installing, at which point it still didn't work). This is consistent with the fact that two days ago my license key was moved to another email address, SVP did not recognize this move and thus got messed up, is my theory.

This is true. After reinstallation and key removal from the manager site the SVP does not ask for the key until rebooted. Everything seems to be ok but nothing really works.