Topic: RIFE AI massive GPU USAGE problem

Hi all,

I'm currently using SVP4 with RIFE AI TENSOR RT and experiencing weird issue.

I've upgraded some parts of my PC last month (CPU From 5800X3D to 7800X3D, DDR4 to DDR5 and motherboard) and after that, I am watching the GPU usage problem when I am trying to play the movie.

It's not occured when I play the video right after PC powered on. But when I use my PC for a while(like 20~30 min) and then launch the Pot Player, the RIFE AI is not working well and GPU usage is going up to almost 99%.

Sometimes it shows the message "Unhandled exception occurred at vapoursynth_filter_64.ax", so I try to reinstall SVP 4 PRO, vapoursynth filter and even Windows, but the error is not fixed.

My graphics card is RTX 4090 and I am always play the video with RIFE AI  for 60p. I'm pretty sure the 60p motion interporation does not make that GPU usage, especially with RTX 4090. Normally, it is using the GPU arouond 30~40%.

Do you guys have any idea about this weird issue?

Re: RIFE AI massive GPU USAGE problem

1. What if try to playback video with mpv player (SVP menu: Open file via mpv...)?
Do you still see 99% GPU usage?

2. Different GPU usage just after start PC and after 20-30 min. It is very strange.

3 (edited by jinyi711 14-03-2024 11:36:57)

MAG79 wrote:

1. What if try to playback video with mpv player (SVP menu: Open file via mpv...)?
Do you still see 99% GPU usage?

2. Different GPU usage just after start PC and after 20-30 min. It is very strange.

1. Yeah, same issue occurred. But what I find is that the task manager shows aroudn 40~60%, while Potplayer is 99%

2. I know it's very strange at all even it is not solving after format.

Post's attachments

스크린샷 2024-03-14 203228.jpg 164.36 kb, 6 downloads since 2024-03-14 

GPU has several blocks. You can select CUDA or Compute_0 in Windows task manager to know GPU load when RIFE is work.