1,176 (edited by RickyAstle98 18-01-2024 17:14:03)

Re: New RIFE filter - 3x faster AI interpolation possible in SVP!!!

Blackfyre wrote:

Question, regarding RIFE I assume the 4070, 4070 Super, 4070 Ti Super, etc are all better than the RTX 3090 with regards to RIFE yes?

I'm asking because I can sell my RTX 3090 used for around $1100 in Australia, and just buy an RTX 4070 Super or 4070 Ti Super for example on special for around the same price.

3090 can no longer handle 4K at 2x with the latest RIFE models sometimes, if the 4070 and higher can handle it, I am willing to do the switch, despite having half the vRAM.

Tested! My 4070 provide 2x 4.14v2 (and lite) under 3200x1824opt (3520x1984opt unstable) At exact 4K nah, so I think 4070Ti close enough for latest models!
Windows 10 fresh (3 month) and NVIDIA driver 546.17 without mods...

1,177 (edited by dawkinscm 18-01-2024 21:41:50)

RickyAstle98 wrote:
Blackfyre wrote:

Question, regarding RIFE I assume the 4070, 4070 Super, 4070 Ti Super, etc are all better than the RTX 3090 with regards to RIFE yes?

I'm asking because I can sell my RTX 3090 used for around $1100 in Australia, and just buy an RTX 4070 Super or 4070 Ti Super for example on special for around the same price.

3090 can no longer handle 4K at 2x with the latest RIFE models sometimes, if the 4070 and higher can handle it, I am willing to do the switch, despite having half the vRAM.

Tested! My 4070 provide 2x 4.14v2 (and lite) under 3200x1824opt (3520x1984opt unstable) At exact 4K nah, so I think 4070Ti close enough for latest models!
Windows 10 fresh (3 month) and NVIDIA driver 546.17 without mods...

4080 with Rife 4.14v2 lite plays 3840x2160 at 2x  SVP Index 1.0 GPU 99-100% with frame drops. Mostly smooth but some slow pans a little jerky. 4080 can barely do it so 4070Ti will not do it.

Thanks for the input, so looks like I'll just stick with the 3090 until 5090 is released.

1,179 (edited by dawkinscm 18-01-2024 21:48:27)

Blackfyre wrote:

Thanks for the input, so looks like I'll just stick with the 3090 until 5090 is released.

3840x2160 was watchable on the 4080, but with slow pan stutters. I updated the Nvidia Driver to latest version released yesterday and used the v14Test3 TensorRT library (Cuda 12.3) and the latest vslmrt.py with Rife 4.14v2 lite. It's still dropping frames but the slow pans are now mostly smooth. The 4090 should have no problem so you don't need to wait for a 5090.

I currently don't have any intention of using SVP with 4K but this should help to clarify your options.

1,180 (edited by RAGEdemon 19-01-2024 04:25:14)

537.58 eliminated the pan stutters for me.

My permanent setup is now 4K (3840x2160) with RIFE 4.4 with this driver. RIFE/SVP is set to double the frame rate. (with RTX 4090 @ 65% GPU usage)

For those who don't know, this makes all content (24fps) into 48fps. You MUST make a custom resolution to make your refresh rate 48Hz, or it will be stuttery because 48fps does not go into the default 60Hz/120Hz that the vast majority of monitors/TVs are.

4K 48fps @ 48Hz video is perfectly smooth. This is easy for SVP because it is just doubling the frame rate.

Other modes such as sync 24fps video to screen refresh, or fps x 2.5, or whole multiples, is really taxing on the GPU. An overclocked 4090 can't do it, even on the highest performing RIFE (4.4/4.6).

1,181 (edited by RickyAstle98 19-01-2024 09:39:24)

RAGEdemon wrote:

My permanent setup is now 4K (3840x2160) with RIFE 4.4 with this driver. RIFE/SVP is set to double the frame rate. (with RTX 4090 @ 65% GPU usage)

For those who don't know, this makes all content (24fps) into 48fps. You MUST make a custom resolution to make your refresh rate 48Hz, or it will be stuttery because 48fps does not go into the default 60Hz/120Hz that the vast majority of monitors/TVs are.

4K 48fps @ 48Hz video is perfectly smooth. This is easy for SVP because it is just doubling the frame rate.

Other modes such as sync 24fps video to screen refresh, or fps x 2.5, or whole multiples, is really taxing on the GPU. An overclocked 4090 can't do it, even on the highest performing RIFE (4.4/4.6).

Really why SVP developers cant develop RIFE-SVP swapchain? It will suit for everyone, any type of content, any resolution, almost everything! My general idea about this quiet simple, SVP algorithm almost 10 times less resource-sensitive, but intermediate frames quality rises at high frame rate video source, 2K 24>144fps ~40-60 watts with 8-12 px grid and 21 shader, whats the problem RIFE@4K 2x and then SVP with higher pixel grid? Its going to be really smooth!
With this swapchain, 24>96@4K easy! Double peformance for 4K sources...

1,182 (edited by dawkinscm 19-01-2024 10:34:41)

RAGEdemon wrote:

It made no difference for me when I tried it but I do like the options that come with the installer. So I installed the latest version because of Cuda 12.3 but with the options. It works at least as well as before with or without 537.58 but with a couple of non SVP related improvements.

RAGEdemon wrote:

I tried 2.5 and it was pretty bad but then if an overclocked 4090 can't do it then I've got not chance smile

I'm not seeing any stutters on 4.14. V2 with the latest driver so I'm not downgrading.

RickyAstle98 wrote:
RAGEdemon wrote:

Really why SVP developers cant develop RIFE-SVP swapchain? It will suit for everyone, any type of content, any resolution, almost everything! My general idea about this quiet simple, SVP algorithm almost 10 times less resource-sensitive, but intermediate frames quality rises at high frame rate video source, 2K 24>144fps ~40-60 watts with 8-12 px grid and 21 shader, whats the problem RIFE@4K 2x and then SVP with higher pixel grid? Its going to be really smooth!

You can probably modify base scripts (start at "C:\Program Files (x86)\SVP 4\script\base.py") and chain rife+regular

dlr5668 wrote:
RickyAstle98 wrote:
RAGEdemon wrote:

You can probably modify base scripts (start at "C:\Program Files (x86)\SVP 4\script\base.py") and chain rife+regular

Idk how sorry, but I will start think about it!

RickyAstle98 wrote:

it's simple to do but not a good idea. it would produce a lot of artefacts.

1,187 (edited by RickyAstle98 20-01-2024 12:02:45)

aloola wrote:
RickyAstle98 wrote:

A lot of artefacts? Wdym? I didnt say SVPtoRIFE video, do the opposite!
Example : 24fps video > RIFE 3x = 72fps then > SVP to any fps (monitor Hz)
VERDICT1 : Better than SVP algo 24fps to any fps imho (any resolution)
VERDICT2 : SVP works better with high frame rate sources (tested)
VERDICT3 : SVP developers, JUST DO IT!
This function can be used purely as a secondary performance boost (and/or for weaker GPUs and high resolution targets)

roshin1401 wrote:

Im noob to this software. While using TensorRT, a cmd popups doing compilation. Does this occur for every video file opened? or only once? And  also please suggest best rife model for my gpu. Its a 3070 laptop.

I'm having the same problem and unfotunately this post wasn't responded to.  I've put the .OONX files in the "models" and/or 'Rife" folders as instructed and yes, they do show up in the AI models pulldown in the SVP manager, but when I select it and try to run a video, a CMD box pops up and after a few seconds goes away.  The video then plays but is not converted.  Nor does the little green text in the lower left corner come up telling you what setting you're using, etc. Tres bizarre.  Plus, if I try to transcode the video it doesn't work either.  Says conversion failed. 

It seems pretty straitforward, I don't what I'm doing wrong here.  Please help!

1,189 (edited by RickyAstle98 23-01-2024 04:59:57)

jimdogma7 wrote:
roshin1401 wrote:

Im noob to this software. While using TensorRT, a cmd popups doing compilation. Does this occur for every video file opened? or only once? And  also please suggest best rife model for my gpu. Its a 3070 laptop.

I'm having the same problem and unfotunately this post wasn't responded to.  I've put the .OONX files in the "models" and/or 'Rife" folders as instructed and yes, they do show up in the AI models pulldown in the SVP manager, but when I select it and try to run a video, a CMD box pops up and after a few seconds goes away.  The video then plays but is not converted.  Nor does the little green text in the lower left corner come up telling you what setting you're using, etc. Tres bizarre.  Plus, if I try to transcode the video it doesn't work either.  Says conversion failed. 

Make sure you download latest TensorRT library because current SVP outdated library sometimes crash during TRT boost off/on optimizations, TRT 9.1/9.2 FIX this issues for any onnx models!
https://www.playbook.com/s/vadash/MFTzy … mG26wKy7zz
You need only rife folder from this archive!

1,190 (edited by dawkinscm 23-01-2024 13:07:07)

jimdogma7 wrote:
roshin1401 wrote:

I keep saying this but it's worth repeating. If you are new to this then don't do anything you see here because we are experimenting. SVP works out of the box.  Just uninstall everything, go to the SVP Rife AI page https://www.svp-team.com/wiki/RIFE_AI_interpolation and follow the instructions. All the information you need about the Rife, the DOS box and everything else is on that page. Once you have done that then have a look at the SVP Transcoding page https://www.svp-team.com/wiki/Manual:SVPcode. I don't transcode, but once you have followed those instructions there are others on here who can help you with any specific questions you have.

1,191 (edited by StanTheMan 23-01-2024 12:14:32)

RTX 3060 Ti, i5 12400f, 32 GB of RAM.
"Lite" versions works better everytime. From newest versions with "lite" (4.12 and so on) usual versions dropped frames and it's like don't have enough power or overloading, because it's not working on 60 FPS everytime (48 FPS works OK), but i didn't do any test, just saw the FPS and my internal feelings. So, now i'm on 4.12 "lite" version and it's great.
Newest 4.13 and 4.14 and lite too don't work properly in any scenarios with my GPU because of overloading or something. So, now i'm on 4.12 "lite" with hope for better versions in the future.

1,192 (edited by dawkinscm 23-01-2024 13:11:35)

StanTheMan wrote:

"Lite" versions works better everytime. From newest versions with "lite" (4.12 and so on) usual versions dropped frames and it's like don't have enough power or overloading, because it's not working on 60 FPS everytime (48 FPS works OK), but i didn't do any test, just saw the FPS and my internal feelings. So, now i'm on 4.12 "lite" version and it's great.
Newest 4.13 and 4.14 and lite too don't work properly in any scenarios with my GPU because of overloading or something. So, now i'm on 4.12 "lite" with hope for better versions in the future.

Rife 4.14 "lite" is different to the other "lite" models. It uses a technology that requires more GPU bus bandwidth but not as much compute power.  Rife 4.13 "lite" is similar to regular Rife 4.9 so if you struggle with 4.9 you will struggle with 4.13. I think maybe Rife 4.14 needs more compute power and memory bandwidth than the 3060ti can provide.

1,193 (edited by RickyAstle98 23-01-2024 20:27:04)

aloola wrote:
RickyAstle98 wrote:

Founded solution, LSFG can do interpolation!
https://store.steampowered.com/app/9930 … s_Scaling/

dawkinscm wrote:
StanTheMan wrote:

Rife 4.14 "lite" is different to the other "lite" models. It uses a technology that requires more GPU bus bandwidth but not as much compute power.  Rife 4.13 "lite" is similar to regular Rife 4.9 so if you struggle with 4.9 you will struggle with 4.13. I think maybe Rife 4.14 needs more compute power and memory bandwidth than the 3060ti can provide.

4.9 was OK. But 4.13 is not, unfortunately. Yes, you're right. Hope the next models will be more friendly smile

1,195 (edited by scb 28-01-2024 20:09:11)

Guys,

I still haven't seen a full explanation about the different between the 'normal' and 'lite' models of the same versions? What situations should I pick the 'lite' version over the 'normal' version of a model?

1,196 (edited by dawkinscm 28-01-2024 20:33:14)

scb wrote:

Guys,

I still haven't seen a full explanation about the different between the 'normal' and 'lite' models of the same versions? What situations should I pick the 'lite' version over the 'normal' version of a model?

The purpose of the "lite" versions were never fully clear to me except for Rife 4.14 "lite" which is different to every model that came before it. But there is no  answer to your question, you just have to try them and see which one works best for you. As of right now, if you don't have a high end card then don't bother with anything above Rife 4.9. Rife 4.13 is computationally heavy even for a 4080. Rife 4.14 "lite" is not "lite" at all unless you have a card with high memory bandwidth like a 'maybe' a 3070ti and above.

1,197 (edited by RickyAstle98 29-01-2024 15:06:33)

scb wrote:

Guys,

V2 models are ~20% faster
Lite models are ~15% faster
4.14 lite is an exception but with RTX4070 outputs only 3% faster

This is good to know, but what are the differences between the models? When should one pick a particular one? What are the different models best at? What are the quality differences?

1,199 (edited by RickyAstle98 29-01-2024 19:15:58)

scb wrote:

This is good to know, but what are the differences between the models? When should one pick a particular one? What are the different models best at? What are the quality differences?

Any new model is better intermediate quality, 4.9 models good enough for any type of content, movies, videos, anything, main difference between 4.14 and 4.4 ~1.6x performance drop
4.4 for any movies, but be careful, same patterns or objects can be doubled or tripled by error interpolation, 4.9 doesnt have this effect...

1,200 (edited by dawkinscm 01-02-2024 12:31:35)

scb wrote:

I suppose you can choose different models for different content if you wish. But no one can answer this question for you. You will have to test each model with different content. Later models have less artefacts and better motion handling. So  maybe choose the one that works best for you and stick with it?

BTW my latest tests suggest that as good as Rife 4.14 is for fast movement, Rife 4.13 is actually a little better in reducing the double images.