Re: New RIFE filter - 3x faster AI interpolation possible in SVP!!!

dawkinscm wrote:
aloola wrote:

Turn off GPU decoder, and only use software decoder in player

Interesting that you say that. I don't know if you mean with mpv player but for SVP this player does work better with hardware decoding off.

How exactly would I be able to turn off gpu decoder, and use the software decoder if I'm using mpv?

Insindro wrote:

How exactly would I be able to turn off gpu decoder, and use the software decoder if I'm using mpv?

if you're using default mpv, then no need to edit anything. The default is off.

if you're using SVP's mpv then go to C:\Program Files (x86)\SVP 4\mpv64
and edit the file mpv.conf

hwdec=auto-copy change to #hwdec=auto-copy. Just remove the "#" if you want to use it again.

sounds like a bad advice that others will follow blindly and get a worse results (as usual when you're following some advices w/o understanding them)

Chainik wrote:

sounds like a bad advice that others will follow blindly and get a worse results (as usual when you're following some advices w/o understanding them)

I agree, they need to test it themself first if they see performance improvement or not.

In my case it's improvement.

But in some cases, if the CPU is so weak, the performance would drop a lot.

well, it costs you nothing to try, and can easily roll back.

1,080 (edited by flowreen91 17-12-2023 11:10:52)

aloola wrote:
Chainik wrote:

Is there any simple way to test the difference between any two configurations?
How can we confirm if any change is improvement or not?
Can you give us a basic example on a test that you do where we can see consistent results of numbers/data going up/down on multiple attempts?
Thanks!

flowreen91 wrote:
aloola wrote:
Chainik wrote:

How can we confirm if any change is improvement or not?
Can you give us a basic example on a test that you do where we can see consistent results of numbers/data going up/down on multiple attempts?
Thanks!

simplest way to test is to use MSI Afterburner, and see the GPU power consumption graph.

in my case: 1080p24 + RIFE x3 + DXVA = 200W
1080p24 + RIFE x3 = 150W
lower GPU power consumption means it has more room for RIFE.

if anyone has a better way to test, let me know. smile

1,082 (edited by dawkinscm 18-12-2023 13:53:32)

Chainik wrote:

Maybe I should have said that hwdec off works better "for me".

aloola wrote:

In my case it's improvement.But in some cases, if the CPU is so weak, the performance would drop a lot.

Same here. My wild and totally uninformed guess might be that there's more GPU resources available to process RIFE when not using hw decoding. I did a quick check of CPU resources with hwdec on/off and there wasn't any obvious difference. For both hwdec on and off, a couple cores were close to max, a couple were about 50% and the rest were either idling or parked.

flowreen91 wrote:

My test is visual. With hwdec off I get smoother playback. YMMV.

1,083 (edited by RickyAstle98 20-12-2023 15:51:42)

What happens when someone upload onnx packages for 4070 users? Will work for anyone who has the same GPU or not? I have v1/v2 prebuilt for HD/FHD sources with TRT boost enabled!
What about reverse engineering method for 4060Ti and 4060 owners too?
Average onnx build time v1 ~1/1.5 min HD/FHD
Average onnx build time v2 ~2/2.5 min HD/FHD

1,084 (edited by dawkinscm 20-12-2023 14:13:07)

RickyAstle98 wrote:

What happens when someone upload onnx packages for 4070 users? Will work for anyone who has the same GPU or not? I have v1/v2 prebuilt for HD/FHD sources with TRT boost enabled!
What about reverse engineering method for 4060Ti and 4060 owners too?
Average onnx build time v1 ~1/1.5 min HD/FHD
Average onnx build time v2 ~2/2.5 min HD/FHD

There are no specific onnx builds for 4070 or any other users. What you have are builds that the 4070 has enough power  to process. In general, higher build numbers tend to require more powerful GPUs. I think Rife 4.6 and Rife 4.9v2 are you best bets but other 4070 users might be more helpful here.

1,085 (edited by RickyAstle98 20-12-2023 19:15:39)

The RTX 4070 TensorRT performance (TRT boost enabled)
Model 4.4 (720p) singlethread 24>144 6x stable
Model 4.9 (720p) singlethread 24>120 5x stable
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
RIFE v2 models >
Model 4.4 (720p) singlethread 24>168 7x stable
Model 4.9 (720p) singlethread 24>144 6x stable
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Generally v2 models are 20% faster without noticeable intermediate frames quality drop, this peformance numbers achieved by single GPU thread, so you can go even higher, CPU utilization increase massively!
I dont recommend using more than 2 threads, but you can get upto 4x for 1080p videos easy!

1,086 (edited by scb 20-12-2023 21:44:36)

Could anyone fully clarify the difference between the regular models, the V2 models and lite models please?

e.g. 4.13 vs 4.13 lite vs 4.13v2 vs 4.13v2 lite.

It would help solidify my understanding!

1,087 (edited by RickyAstle98 22-12-2023 20:51:22)

scb wrote:

Could anyone fully clarify the difference between the regular models, the V2 models and lite models please?

e.g. 4.13 vs 4.13 lite vs 4.13v2 vs 4.13v2 lite.

It would help solidify my understanding!

V2 models faster

So what about 4.13v2 lite, how does that rank?

1,089 (edited by RickyAstle98 21-12-2023 13:32:08)

scb wrote:

IDK

1,090 (edited by dawkinscm 21-12-2023 13:10:39)

scb wrote:

Don't worry about the Lite versions, at least not yet.  If Rife 4.9 v1 or v2 works for you then stick with that. if it's too much then use Rife 4.6 v1 or v2. But if you have a 3090 (or maybe 3080) or above then you can also try 4.12/4.13.

V2: faster, should use this as default if you not encountering any problems. model V2 47+ has a bug preventing you from using performance boost off.(It means it will run trt command on every video with a different resolution.)
4.13v1lite: lite is just a name, you may think of it as 4.135 which runs faster than 4.13
ensemble: this one will cost half the performance of the normal model. I couldn't see much difference from this, just use a better model instead.

try to use model in performance order: 4.6 > 4.9 > 4.13 lite > 4.13 and decide which one you like the most

4.9 is a sweet pot for me which has low artifact and runs faster than 4.13 20%

1,092 (edited by RickyAstle98 23-12-2023 12:41:54)

aloola wrote:

V2: faster, should use this as default if you not encountering any problems. model V2 47+ has a bug preventing you from using performance boost off.(It means it will run trt command on every video with a different resolution.)
4.13v1lite: lite is just a name, you may think of it as 4.135 which runs faster than 4.13
ensemble: this one will cost half the performance of the normal model. I couldn't see much difference from this, just use a better model instead.

try to use model in performance order: 4.6 > 4.9 > 4.13 lite > 4.13 and decide which one you like the most

4.9 is a sweet pot for me which has low artifact and runs faster than 4.13 20%

Anyway my post #1085 also applicable for RTX3080 users, what about 4.4 and 4.6 models?
They have pattern match and random zigzag artefacts, where too many same lines onscreen or objects, interpolated by error too, regardless of the overall frame!
Model 4.9 almost eliminates that effect, even with very low frame rate videos, but more GPU sensitive...

1,093 (edited by flowreen91 26-12-2023 23:52:36)

RickyAstle98 wrote:

They have pattern match and random zigzag artefacts, where too many same lines onscreen or objects, interpolated by error too, regardless of the overall frame!

A v2 jaggedness/zigzag bug was fixed on 3 November: https://github.com/AmusementClub/vs-mlrt/issues/66
And the Rife devs re-uploaded the versions here: https://github.com/AmusementClub/vs-mlr … nal-models
Maybe try to redownload and check again if issue persists?

1,094 (edited by RickyAstle98 23-12-2023 14:05:17)

flowreen91 wrote:
RickyAstle98 wrote:

A v2 jaggedness/zigzag bug was fixed on 3 November: https://github.com/AmusementClub/vs-mlrt/issues/66
And the Rife devs re-uploaded the versions here: https://github.com/AmusementClub/vs-mlr … nal-models
Maybe try to redownload and check again if issue persists?

aloola/dawkinscm can you give step by step example on how you upgraded current SVP's TensorRT to newer versions?
and how to revert it back if something goes wrong (on Windows prefferably)
(i managed to increase the resize value from -10240576 to -10880612 at stable 240 fps by switching from MPC-HC to MPV and currently searching for other possible performance improvements you guys use on 4.13v2 that i didn't already summarized here https://www.svp-team.com/forum/viewtopi … 352#p83352 )
Thanks!

No because I get exactly what I said, my downloaded models dated November 9! Pattern match issue still persists!
I mean when you resize to resolution, TRT exec do optimization pass for selected resolution, its contains 3 files, engine/cache/lock types...

1,095 (edited by dawkinscm 23-12-2023 13:19:33)

flowreen91 wrote:

A v2 jaggedness/zigzag bug was fixed on 3 November

It was never a v2 issue, it was a model issue. The only v2 issue that has been recently fixed was lower quality output from source material over 2k.

RickyAstle98 wrote:

Model 4.9 almost eliminates that effect, even with very low frame rate videos, but more GPU sensitive...

This is correct. But some users may not have seen the issue depending on the videos they are watching. A good example of this effect is the Blade Runner 2029 intro with the patterned landscape. The zigzag artefact can be seen clearly just before the ship flies overhead with v4.6. but is minimised and only occurs once the ship flies over in v4.9. In v4.12 the artefact is gone.

RickyAstle98 wrote:

What happen when someone upload already generated engine cache lock files for RTX 4070 users? Will it work without resolution optimization pass?

The actual generated files are all binary so you cannot understand what exactly they contain, but all we know it makes SVP interpolation faster which is good:
https://gyazo.com/7099f92f846ce0c57dab6ec3258ff4c5
And since a new one gets generated for every specific rife version + resolution + graphics card it would be safe to assume that it's always best to let it generate a fresh version for your specific configuration and never try to use already uploaded generated engine cache lock files for compatibility purposes.
If i just rename the engine cache files to use it on wrong configuration, MPC-HC mentions errors that it fails to start.
Wrong rife engine resolution error:
https://gyazo.com/6430b2a951b77dbc643ed9430f0be445
Wrong rife v2 engine found instead of v1 error:
https://gyazo.com/32117e51558d87e37f8c2451dd6fc7c3
But it seems to work if you run a v4.13 with a v4.10 engine file.
My suggestion would be to delete cache folder from here:
"C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\SVP4\cache"
every time you update rife models and let them generate fresh.

flowreen91 wrote:
RickyAstle98 wrote:

What happen when someone upload already generated engine cache lock files for RTX 4070 users? Will it work without resolution optimization pass?

The actual generated files are all binary so you cannot understand what exactly they contain, but all we know it makes SVP interpolation faster which is good:
https://gyazo.com/7099f92f846ce0c57dab6ec3258ff4c5
And since a new one gets generated for every specific rife version + resolution + graphics card it would be safe to assume that it's always best to let it generate a fresh version for your specific configuration and never try to use already uploaded generated engine cache lock files for compatibility purposes.
If i just rename the engine cache files to use it on wrong configuration, MPC-HC mentions errors that it fails to start.
Wrong rife engine resolution error:
https://gyazo.com/6430b2a951b77dbc643ed9430f0be445
Wrong rife v2 engine found instead of v1 error:
https://gyazo.com/32117e51558d87e37f8c2451dd6fc7c3
But it seems to work if you run a v4.13 with a v4.10 engine file.

Tested before your reply, my friend can use my generated files without troubles, same performance at all wink

1,098 (edited by dawkinscm 23-12-2023 15:19:05)

flowreen91 wrote:

This is not necessary. In the SVP rife folder, just replace the onnx file for the model you want updated then delete the generated model and engine files. This will trigger regeneration. But if you are using model names that are different to the actual model being used then I don't know since I stopped doing this some time ago.

1,099 (edited by hvs 24-12-2023 21:32:58)

Hi, I was trying to use Rife in the SVP. I've been only watching anime using SVP with non-RIFE settings since I purchased it which is 3 years ago.
I am totally clueless about these RIFE feature and tried to do my own research and test but was stuck at one thing, which shown as below:

https://i.imgur.com/ThoFZn0.png

The error "Your ONNX Model has been generated with INT64 weights, while TensorRT does not natively support INT64. Attempting to cast down to INT32."

After this message is shown, my playback will be stuck and only audio plays, sometimes even audio didn't play.

This is my setting for the RIFE

https://i.imgur.com/C65rGPX.png
(that custom SC Threshold is because i tried following a youtube tutorial, but it still produced the same thing. Maybe I am doing it wrong)

I know there's probably an answer for this question already somewhere, I tried searching for it but there's too many too unrelated (probably) topic around it. a
I hope someone can guide me in getting Soap Opera effect using RIFE in SVP.
Sorry for the troubles and thanks for any consideration given.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Note that my pc setup is as such:

- Monitor 24" 144Hz
- AMD Ryzen 5 3600
- RTX 3080Ti 12GB
- 32GB DDR4 3200GHz ram
- around 500GB+ free space in the 1TB Adata S70 Blade M.2 NVme SSD

---------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT :

Nevermind, I am just too stupid. All i need to do is wait a bit longer and it'll works (using the settings in the picture)
But its weird, i swear i waited close to 30 mins before, hence I was thinking it's actually stuck/crashed. Now I just need to wait for 5 min at most.

Using MPC-HC since it has built-in fps counter. Would love to use MPV but I can't find the way to enable fps counter.

1,100 (edited by flowreen91 24-12-2023 22:07:45)

hvs wrote:

Would love to use MPV but I can't find the way to enable fps counter.

Try Shift + I or hold I to enable fps counter.
MPV seems faster than MPC-HC. It gives more stable fps.

hvs wrote:

I hope someone can guide me in getting Soap Opera effect using RIFE in SVP.

Try this and say if you get stuck or instructions are unclear big_smile :
https://www.svp-team.com/forum/viewtopi … 352#p83352