876 (edited by dawkinscm 02-10-2023 11:05:55)

Re: New RIFE filter - 3x faster AI interpolation possible in SVP!!!

Xenocyde wrote:
dawkinscm wrote:

I get occasional but predictable micro stutters. The kind I probably wouldn't notice on a smaller screen like a TV. Yesterday, the mpv source was updated with a few nano-second timing updates (including vsync) that I thought might make a difference. With the new build the micro stutters are now nano stutters. The difference is subtle and may be placebo but it seems to be repeatable.

Ya, forgot to mention that I notice microstutters with the 4.7 model. This plus the fact that it does not improve artifacts in any meaningful way led me to stick to 4.6.

I've always had micro stutters because I'm watching in VR over wifi which increases latency. As for artefacts, maybe we are watching different content because at least 1 major artefact is gone and I see improvement with the minor ones too. The best example is in Gravity at around 16 minutes when the astronaut is floating in space. With 4.6 the whole background is shimmering. With 4.7 the shimmering is gone.

RTX 3090 is no longer capable of pushing 4K at 2X with 4.7 (at least with my configuration, I will try to lower them and see if it's possible, but doubt it).

I am stuck on 4.6 unless there are further optimisations they can squeeze out in 4.8 for example.

Not upgrading to the 4090 now, going to wait for the 5090 release in 2025.

878 (edited by dawkinscm 02-10-2023 12:39:24)

Blackfyre wrote:

RTX 3090 is no longer capable of pushing 4K at 2X with 4.7 (at least with my configuration, I will try to lower them and see if it's possible, but doubt it).

Not surprising. I think running 4.7 at 1920x2160/60Hz with my config would kill my old 3080, never mind 4k/60hz which uses about 95% on a high end 40 series GPU.

879 (edited by Xenocyde 03-10-2023 11:26:04)

Blackfyre wrote:

New leaks point to a 2H 2024 release.

https://twitter.com/Kepler_L2/status/17 … 4838308343

Xenocyde wrote:
Blackfyre wrote:

New leaks point to a 2H 2024 release.

https://twitter.com/Kepler_L2/status/17 … 4838308343

Why are they saying “I don't know where this 2025 rumor comes from but it's still scheduled for H2 2024”?

A few months ago, in an nVidia presentation, they (nVidia) said it was scheduled for 2025, these aren't rumours. Pictured below as “Ada Lovelace-Next”.

It could possibly be pushed early towards end of 2024 (they have done it before), but it won't happen unless AMD release something big next year. And nVidia will probably release the RTX 4090 Ti next year to try to milk the most out of the 40 Series before the 50 series release.

https://i.extremetech.com/imagery/content-types/00wJD0tu79j9LAiMK7IBeWY/images-1.fill.size_670x377.v1687970981.jpg

881 (edited by Xenocyde 04-10-2023 12:09:29)

Blackfyre wrote:

It could possibly be pushed early towards end of 2024 (they have done it before), but it won't happen unless AMD release something big next year. And nVidia will probably release the RTX 4090 Ti next year to try to milk the most out of the 40 Series before the 50 series release.

They always kept a 2-year release cadence since GTX 1000. Don't see why they would change this now, regardless of what AMD is doing. RTX 3090 Ti was released early 2022 and then they released RTX 4000 in late 2022 too.

882 (edited by przkreft 05-10-2023 21:18:55)

przkreft wrote:

I have interesting finding for Intel Arc A750. For 480p it works fine in 2d mode but with 720p it often drops and is stuck on 8fps. Even my GTX1080 was able to play 720p cartoons fine.
Interesting is that when I change on Arc to 3D mode it works fine on 720p without drops. Maybe somebody will find this useful.
I tried onnx 4.6 model but seems that it doesn't work.

Today I tested my intel arc again (rife 4.4) and I'm able to do max 720p x2 but only on mpc-hc (I needed to change from default mpv for youtube-dl).
Rife 4.6 crashes on mpc-hc and has stroboscope on mpv (fast flashing black frames).

Whats the real benefit of using this? are there comparison screenshots somewhere?

884 (edited by Xenocyde 06-10-2023 19:20:11)

chrisssj2 wrote:

Whats the real benefit of using this? are there comparison screenshots somewhere?

You need to see video comparisons, not just pics. Search for SVP Rife on Youtube.

885 (edited by DragonicPrime 06-10-2023 21:19:21)

Is there a tutorial somewhere on how to enable Rife on MPC-HC? I've done it before but it doesn't even seem to turn on now. I remember having to do something, but I can't seem to find that guide on here anymore. I might just be blind
Edit: okay nvm I'm not blind just dumb lol. Figured it out

chrisssj2 wrote:

Whats the real benefit of using this?

It is the best motion interpolation method I have ever used. The difference to older methods is astronomical. Even at 2x, so (48fps), it is smoother than older methods at 120FPS.

But you need a very strong GPU if you watch 4K content to even do 2x framerate.

And the first time you run any new resolution it needs to build a file in the background that takes some time. Just leave it and let it finish.

887 (edited by Drakko01 07-10-2023 05:37:31)

Hi after Update today via svp , my rife+Mpc HC+madvr Broke , now if I play someting on fullscreen freezes

Post's attachments

error.png, 11.75 kb, 386 x 352
error.png 11.75 kb, 52 downloads since 2023-10-07 

chrisssj2 wrote:

It depends on what you want. If you want the smoothest motion available with fewest artefacts  then Rife is the best. The main downsides to Rife are that the few remaining artefacts can quite often be worse than Automatic. Also you will need at least a medium to high end 30 series Nvidia GPU.

> Hi after Update today via svp , my rife+Mpc HC+madvr Broke

nothing changed neither in mpc-hc nor rife not madvr recently

Chainik wrote:

Chainik, I have been using that combination for months, without problems. Yesterday, an update for Vapoursynth and some more components appeared via maintenance manager. I uninstalled everything and reinstalled and the problem was not resolved. Please, does anyone know how to solve it. MPV works without problems.

Drakko01 wrote:
Chainik wrote:

Chainik, I have been using that combination for months, without problems. Yesterday, an update for Vapoursynth and some more components appeared via maintenance manager. I uninstalled everything and reinstalled and the problem was not resolved. Please, does anyone know how to solve it. MPV works without problems.

This issue is trigger by enable Direct3d 11 in madvr ,for context that s always setting like that without any problem.

Drakko01 wrote:
Drakko01 wrote:
Chainik wrote:

This issue is trigger by enable Direct3d 11 in madvr ,for context that s always setting like that without any problem.

Anyone has any ideas on what can i do to fix it ?

Now its crash no matter what. This it's the info of the crash for someone who understand it

vstrt+0xae9e
vstrt+0xeddb
vapoursynth!getVapourSynthAPI+0x94ba
vapoursynth!getVapourSynthAPI+0x12a0c
vapoursynth+0xf7414
vapoursynth_cp311_win_amd64+0x66643
vapoursynth_cp311_win_amd64+0x6479c
python311!PyObject_MakeTpCall+0x471
python311!PyObject_Vectorcall+0x1e8
python311!PyEval_EvalFrameDefault+0x784
python311!PyType_CalculateMetaclass+0x193
python311!PyEval_EvalCode+0x97
vapoursynth_cp311_win_amd64!PyInit_vapoursynth+0x2654a
vapoursynth_cp311_win_amd64+0x72255
vapoursynth_cp311_win_amd64+0x75ef0
vapoursynth_cp311_win_amd64+0x76c56
vsscript!vsscript_evaluateFile+0x1eb
vapoursynth_filter_64!DllMain+0x10e6a
vapoursynth_filter_64!DllMain+0xdf18
vapoursynth_filter_64+0x1938a
vapoursynth_filter_64!DllMain+0x16d3c
lavvideo!OpenConfiguration+0x9e4e
lavvideo!OpenConfiguration+0x8bd0
lavvideo+0xd150
lavvideo+0xd064
lavvideo+0x3f89
lavvideo+0x31f2
lavvideo+0x1e2a
lavvideo!OpenConfiguration+0x82b9
lavvideo!DllCanUnloadNow+0x496e
lavsplitter!OpenConfiguration+0x675d
lavsplitter!OpenConfiguration+0x6122
lavsplitter!DllCanUnloadNow+0x346c
lavsplitter!DllCanUnloadNow+0x3680a
kernel32!BaseThreadInitThunk+0x17
ntdll!RtlUserThreadStart+0x20

I thought we wont be able to watch HD real time before new RTX 6XXX series. I ll try with my 3070ti soon

895 (edited by Xenocyde 14-10-2023 12:09:04)

I installed the latest update and now RIFE does not seem to work anymore in MPV. Also reinstalled SVP and still not working. Not sure what happened or maybe I'm missing something.

L.E.: Weird, it worked after a restart. But why wouldn't it work immediately after I reinstalled?

New nVidia driver, 545.84 WHQL

Additionally, this Game Ready Driver introduces TensorRT acceleration for Stable Diffusion to increase performance by up to 2x.

I assume this doesn't impact us, right? Would be nice if we can get a 2x performance lift.

Blackfyre wrote:

Additionally, this Game Ready Driver introduces TensorRT acceleration for Stable Diffusion to increase performance by up to 2x.

I assume this doesn't impact us, right? Would be nice if we can get a 2x performance lift.

I've just tested with the new driver, no performance boost

aloola wrote:
Blackfyre wrote:

Maybe the devs need to update the RIFE model first? Not sure if it makes any difference as the performance boost is specifically targeted at Stable Diffusion image generation, so it might not work for frame generation. Maybe the improved frame generation included with DLSS 3.5 could help RIFE?

Xenocyde wrote:
aloola wrote:
Blackfyre wrote:

Maybe the devs need to update the RIFE model first? Not sure if it makes any difference as the performance boost is specifically targeted at Stable Diffusion image generation, so it might not work for frame generation. Maybe the improved frame generation included with DLSS 3.5 could help RIFE?

As far as I know, DLSS 3.5 only helped the denoising technique used in Ray Tracing workloads like Path Tracing in cyberpunk. Frame Generation doesn't look any better or run any better

DragonicPrime wrote:

As far as I know, DLSS 3.5 only helped the denoising technique used in Ray Tracing workloads like Path Tracing in cyberpunk. Frame Generation doesn't look any better or run any better

Correct. Both AMD and Nvidia Frame Gen is partly built into the game which is why only certain games have that feature. AMD has a driver only based version as well but in short, SVP is better.