Re: New RIFE filter - 3x faster AI interpolation possible in SVP!!!

"workspace" is deprecated, should be set to "None"

Chainik wrote:

"workspace" is deprecated, should be set to "None"

Ya but what file do I need to edit?

I could do with this also please.

579 (edited by Drakko01 14-01-2023 02:52:04)

Reviewing what I did with these instructions
https://www.svp-team.com/forum/viewtopi … 483#p81483

Note that with the first link I didn't do anything, sorry if my question is stupid, what do I have to download/copy or do

"That one - https://github.com/AmusementClub/vs-mlrt -"

I started from point 1 and I imagine that it worked because I had some files of these other instructions

=== RIFE / PyTorch+TensorRT installation ===

DO NOT DO THIS!
You DON'T NEED IT!
I'm SERIOUS!

Ok so I just tested Rife at 4k with Dolby Vision instead of regular HDR, and it seems that it's not working properly on my system at least. Regular HDR works perfectly, but Dolby Vision seems to get the colours all washed out when turning on Rife. If I use default settings on SVP instead of Rife, it looks fine as well. Any idea on how to fix this?

DV just can't show "washed out" colors. It can do either good or totally wrong colors.
The _only_ option for now for the proper DV colors with SVP is SVP's provided mpv build.
And I personally can't see any color difference between RIFE and non-RIFE interpolation here.

If colors are washed out then it's HDR10, not DV.
Not sure what happens for the "hybrid" releases when there're both HDR10 and DV in the same video file hmm

First feedback of testing - 4070ti has same performance as 4090 combined with the Ryzen 5600x single CCD DDR3600.

SVP updated, added TensorRT (no need for doing anything manually), fixed (??) possible audio desync after RIFE transcoding (both Vulkan and TRT versions)

Either select the checkbox at install time, or install an additional package called "TensorRT" via SVP menu -> Utilities -> Additional programs and features.

----
It uses "dynamic shapes" by default, i.e. only ONE optimization pass for all resolutions below 2560*1440. And if/when you open a 4K video then it'll do another pass for resolutions from 1440p to 4K.
BUT! this can be a little bit slower than optimization for a specific resolution, like 5% in my case. This is why there's a "performance boost" profile option - it forces its own opt. pass for each resolution.

another finding: model 4.6 needs more than 8G of device memory for 4K res, so if you're on a 8G card and want 4K then choose model 4.4.

----
Also installation scripts fixed so the Vapoursynth Filter must be registered automatically.

Chainik wrote:

DV just can't show "washed out" colors. It can do either good or totally wrong colors.
The _only_ option for now for the proper DV colors with SVP is SVP's provided mpv build.
And I personally can't see any color difference between RIFE and non-RIFE interpolation here.

Not sure what happens for the "hybrid" releases when there're both HDR10 and DV in the same video file hmm

Ya I think wrong colours is a better way to put it. I tried an HDR10 video and it worked fine though. But with DV, black scenes appear grey for example. When using any other SVP profile that's not RIFE, it works like intended

Chainik wrote:

SVP updated, added TensorRT (no need for doing anything manually), fixed (??) possible audio desync after RIFE transcoding (both Vulkan and TRT versions)

Either select the checkbox at install time, or install an additional package called "TensorRT" via SVP menu -> Utilities -> Additional programs and features.

----
It uses "dynamic shapes" by default, i.e. only ONE optimization pass for all resolutions below 2560*1440. And if/when you open a 4K video then it'll do another pass for resolutions from 1440p to 4K.
BUT! this can be a little bit slower than optimization for a specific resolution, like 5% in my case. This is why there's a "performance boost" profile option - it forces its own opt. pass for each resolution.

another finding: model 4.6 needs more than 8G of device memory for 4K res, so if you're on a 8G card and want 4K then choose model 4.4.

----
Also installation scripts fixed so the Vapoursynth Filter must be registered automatically.

Excellent thank you.

586 (edited by Xenocyde 15-01-2023 21:07:00)

Chainik wrote:

----

----

Do we need this update if we already have the test pack you posted on Jan 9?

Chainik wrote:

----

----

I have performance boost: disabled, but the CMD command still pop up when I open 480p, 720p video. Is this a bug? it's not different from Performance boost: on.

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/290709370600423424/1064375606478905417/image.png?width=1080&height=60
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/290709370600423424/1064375832761606174/image.png?width=1080&height=79

DragonicPrime wrote:
Chainik wrote:

Ya I think wrong colours is a better way to put it. I tried an HDR10 video and it worked fine though. But with DV, black scenes appear grey for example. When using any other SVP profile that's not RIFE, it works like intended

This new TRT feature doesn't work. RTX 2080 Ti, playing HDR10 4K video. console window pops up and just freezes with [W] [TRT] Using kFASTER_DYNAMIC_SHAPES_0805 preview feature. What gives?

kellykline wrote:
DragonicPrime wrote:
Chainik wrote:

This new TRT feature doesn't work. RTX 2080 Ti, playing HDR10 4K video. console window pops up and just freezes with [W] [TRT] Using kFASTER_DYNAMIC_SHAPES_0805 preview feature. What gives?

It works fine for me. It's specifically for DV that the colours are messed up. HDR10 works flawlessly for me though

kellykline wrote:
DragonicPrime wrote:
Chainik wrote:

the cmd windows might stay for 10 minutes, just wait. Also 2080ti is not strong enough for 4k, you need at least 4070/4080 for 4k x2
https://www.svp-team.com/wiki/RIFE_AI_interpolation

aloola
> I have performance boost: disabled, but the CMD command still pop up when I open 480p, 720p video. Is this a bug?

no idea. unless you edited something, "opt" must be fixed value equal to "max", regardless of the video size
like this: rife_v4.6.onnx.min64x64_opt2560x1440_max2560x1440_fp16_trt-8502_cudnn_I-fp16_O-fp16_NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX-2060_3dcbe72f

could you show the full script generated by SVP in your case?

Chainik wrote:

aloola
> I have performance boost: disabled, but the CMD command still pop up when I open 480p, 720p video. Is this a bug?

no idea. unless you edited something, "opt" must be fixed value equal to "max", regardless of the video size
like this: rife_v4.6.onnx.min64x64_opt2560x1440_max2560x1440_fp16_trt-8502_cudnn_I-fp16_O-fp16_NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX-2060_3dcbe72f

could you show the full script generated by SVP in your case?

ok, my bad, I uninstalled svp and reinstalled it again, and it works fine now.

593 (edited by Xenocyde 16-01-2023 19:28:36)

I reinstalled SVP to test the latest Rife TRT stuff. First thing I notice is that there is only model 4.4. When I play a video in 1080p I get 0.57 out of 1 on the SVP index graph. What am I missing here? I'm back in the exact same spot I was before installing the test pack released on Jan 9. That pack was working fine.

LE: Ah my bad, had to switch to TRT from the first menu.

LLE: What does that dynamic shapes option do? If I leave it on, I see stuttering, even though the SPV index is at 1.

I was keen to try this out on my Laptop. Its got a 3050ti with 4Gb of memory. Using the 4.4 engine I get the following:

[01/16/2023-21:47:02] [W] [TRT] Skipping tactic 0x0000000000000000 due to exception autotuning: CUDA error 2 allocating 849350061-byte buffer: out of memory

Any way to run this on 4GB of Vram?

> Any way to run this on 4GB of Vram?

dunno, but you can turn on "performance boost" to save the memory on lower resolutions (<=1080p)

Chainik wrote:

> Any way to run this on 4GB of Vram?

dunno, but you can turn on "performance boost" to save the memory on lower resolutions (<=1080p)

hello Chainik, would be nice if you add more options for this
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/290709370600423424/1064811760516874290/image.png

I want options like resizing to 1440p, 1080p and user custom.
So I can downscale 4k video to 1440p and watch it with RIFE.

720p is too low res for me.

> So I can downscale 4k video to 1440p

set frc.frame.resize to "-25601440"
https://www.svp-team.com/wiki/Manual:All_settings

a quick fix for possible crash with non-integer FRC rate (i.e. x2.5) in MPC-HC (via Vapoursynth Filter)
replace the file in SVP 4\rife

Post's attachments

durfix.py 1.07 kb, 108 downloads since 2023-01-17 

Before the patch, my RTX 3080 was at 90% with Rife 2.5x (60fps) and scaling 1720x890, now with Rife/TensorRT it's at 50% with scaling 1920x1080 2.5x. Thank you very much for the optimization

I'm upgrading from an RTX 2070 Super to an RTX 3090 (arriving in a week). Can I use RIFE for 4K content on a 60Hz 4K TV with an RTX 3090? Looking forward to finally trying out RIFE and hopefully even more optimisations in the future too. Kudos to the devs and everyone involved, I've supported SVP since the early days and to now it is one of my most used programs <3