Re: SVP 4 Mac

macbook air M1, systerm 13.1. I just upgrade IINA to 1.3.1,but forgot to set up the settings,then I can't open IINA,so I unstall SVP4,IINA and mpv, and download install them again, but it's still can't use ,for example,I do what the instruation say to set up IINA,rm -f /Applications/IINA.app/Contents/Frameworks/libmpv.*.  ln -s /opt/homebrew/lib/libmpv.2.dylib /Applications/IINA.app/Contents/Frameworks/libmpv.1.dylib,when I type this in terminal, I can't open IINA anymore ,please help me.thanks!

run '/Applications/IINA.app/Contents/MacOS/IINA' from the Terminal. what do you see?

---
ensure you ran IINA for the first time after installing new version BEFORE replacing libmpv

thanks for reply;
I run  '/Applications/IINA.app/Contents/MacOS/IINA' ,here is the results:
dyld[55400]: Library not loaded: @rpath/libmpv.1.dylib
  Referenced from: <DA58F4CC-7901-3BCA-A111-34E5236B0261> /Applications/IINA.app/Contents/MacOS/IINA
  Reason: tried: '/usr/lib/swift/libmpv.1.dylib' (no such file, not in dyld cache), '/System/Volumes/Preboot/Cryptexes/OS/usr/lib/swift/libmpv.1.dylib' (no such file), '/Applications/IINA.app/Contents/Frameworks/libmpv.1.dylib' (no such file), '/usr/lib/swift/libmpv.1.dylib' (no such file, not in dyld cache), '/System/Volumes/Preboot/Cryptexes/OS/usr/lib/swift/libmpv.1.dylib' (no such file), '/Applications/IINA.app/Contents/Frameworks/libmpv.1.dylib' (no such file), '/System/Volumes/Preboot/Cryptexes/OS@rpath/libmpv.1.dylib' (no such file), '/usr/lib/swift/libmpv.1.dylib' (no such file, not in dyld cache), '/System/Volumes/Preboot/Cryptexes/OS/usr/lib/swift/libmpv.1.dylib' (no such file), '/Applications/IINA.app/Contents/Frameworks/libmpv.1.dylib' (no such file), '/usr/lib/swift/libmpv.1.dylib' (no such file, not in dyld cache), '/System/Volumes/Preboot/Cryptexes/OS/usr/lib/swift/libmpv.1.dylib' (no such file), '/Applications/IINA.app/Contents/Frameworks/libmpv.1.dylib' (no such file), '/usr/lib/libmpv.1.dylib' (no such file, not in dyld cache)
zsh: abort      /Applications/IINA.app/Contents/MacOS/IINA
I ensure ran IINA for the first time after installing new version BEFORE replacing libmpv

then there's no /opt/homebrew/lib/libmpv.2.dylib
probably mpv was not actually installed in homebrew

but I do have mpv can run and play videos. So is that means I need to uninstall MPV and Reinstall MPV by use homebrew? can you help me show me instruation please? thanks

https://www.svp-team.com/wiki/SVP:Mac

SVP menu -> Utilities -> Reinstall mpv in Homebrew

it says do not allowed svp4 mac open document in terminal,can't run this-- reinstall mpv in homebrew

I solve this problem finally, thanks for the help, chainik!

For those who are trying to use IINA on Mac and getting an "operation not permitted" error using this command:

ln -s /opt/homebrew/lib/libmpv.2.dylib /Applications/IINA.app/Contents/Frameworks/libmpv.2.dylib

The new libmpv.2.dylib directory is located here:
/opt/homebrew/Cellar/mpv/0.36.0/lib/libmpv.2.dylib

You can just copy and paste that libmpv.2.dylib to the "/Applications/IINA.app/Contents/Frameworks/" directory.

Tested on an M2 MacBook Air.

110 (edited by Rain 26-12-2023 07:29:29)

I'm struggling to get SVP to work with the latest version of Plex (v.1.84.1.4069-ff740b6d) on my new M3 MacBook Pro. Plex opens then closes a second or two later. I followed the instructions and ran the following commands in terminal:
rm -f /Applications/Plex.app/Contents/Frameworks/libmpv.2.dylib
ln -s /opt/homebrew/lib/libmpv.2.dylib /Applications/Plex.app/Contents/Frameworks/libmpv.2.dylib

I also tried copying and pasting the libmpv.2.dylib from /opt/homebrew/Cellar/mpv/0.37.0_1/lib/libmpv.2.dylib to the /Applications/Plex.app/Contents/Frameworks/ directory, but to no avail.

One thing I did notice (might be not important) is the original libmpv.2.dylib file in the Plex Frameworks directory is 13.3 MB versus the replacement is 3.8 MB.  I'm not really sure how to troubleshoot/debug this, so any advice on how to do so would be much appreciated. I had SVP working with Plex on previous (Intel) MacBook Pro, so I'm a bit stumped.

Rain
Plex is not compatible with mpv 0.37 from Homebrew - I suspect because Plex wants OpenGL rendering and Homebrew's 0.37 is Vulkan-only for some reason.

Downgrading to mpv 0.36 works:

brew uninstall mpv
curl -O https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/homebrew-core/1b673702d246947fd3753f5800d85daf9d5c94f5/Formula/m/mpv.rb
brew install mpv.rb
brew pin mpv

112 (edited by Rain 26-12-2023 14:08:12)

Chainik wrote:

Rain
Plex is not compatible with mpv 0.37 from Homebrew - I suspect because Plex wants OpenGL rendering and Homebrew's 0.37 is Vulkan-only for some reason.

Downgrading to mpv 0.36 works:

brew uninstall mpv
curl -O https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/homebrew-core/1b673702d246947fd3753f5800d85daf9d5c94f5/Formula/m/mpv.rb
brew install mpv.rb
brew pin mpv

That makes sense! Thank you - I'll do this right away smile