Topic: SVP in Linux from command line?

Can i use SVP from the command line?

I'm using SVP for Linux, and after some trouble getting it running (the guide https://www.svp-team.com/wiki/SVP:Linux seems to be a bit outdated), it's now running great!

I have a large set of video-clips of different frame-rates, quite random, 52.92, 55.62, 23.89, etc. that all needs to be converted with motion interpolation to frame-rate 60.000 exact.

I can do this with SVP using the control panel, but manually selecting and running each file is not feasible as i literally have thousands of files.

Is it possible to run SVP in linux from the command line like with FFMPEG?

With FFMPEG i can just do:

ffmpeg -i input_001328.mp4 -crf 18 -filter:v "minterpolate=fps=60:mi_mode=mci:mc_mode=aobmc:me_mode=bidir:vsbmc=1" -crf 18 output_001328.mp4

For each file. Which technically works, but unfortunately it is 100x slower than SVP, so i would have to wait weeks for it to finish.. So can SVP work from the command line as well?

Re: SVP in Linux from command line?

via mpv
run transcoding in SVPcode, look through the coder log

3 (edited by feckpwn 07-08-2022 02:09:38)

Thanks! In the SVP Control Panel log i find that the command :

/usr/bin/mpv input.mp4 --o=input.SVP.temporary.mkv --no-audio --no-sub --no-sub-auto --input-ipc-server=/tmp/mpvencodesocket --input-media-keys=no --no-msg-color --vf=vapoursynth:/home/user/.local/share/SVP4/scripts/ffff.py:4:48 --of=matroska --ovc=libx264 --ovcopts=crf=17,preset=slow,threads=48

is being run. Yet i don't see anywhere where one can control the settings except crf=17? Like, where is it indicated that transcoding should force 60 FPS exact?

Also, when i do run the above command from within a terminal i get the error:

[vapoursynth] Could not initialize VapourSynth scripting.
[user_filter_wrapper] Creating filter 'vapoursynth' failed.
[vo/lavc] error encoding at EOF
Video: no video
No video or audio streams selected.
[encode] no data written to target file
Exiting... (Interrupted by error)

Which is weird because the command runs fine from within the SVP Control panel

> where is it indicated that transcoding should force 60 FPS exact?

in the vapoursynth script, obviously

there's no _simple_ CL interface in SVP

Ok thank you. Any instructions as to why it only runs from within the control panel? I.e. running the same command, but in the terminal, results in the error:

[vapoursynth] Could not initialize VapourSynth scripting.
[user_filter_wrapper] Creating filter 'vapoursynth' failed.
[vo/lavc] error encoding at EOF

can't tell, check the environment
this error is usually because of Python versions conflict or something like this

7 (edited by Mystery 20-07-2023 17:35:42)

Use VapourSynth or Avisynth, and write your video-editing script

VapourSynth will have better Linux support.