Topic: Why does RIFE not wanna interpolate some videos?

Hi, so for example I have the last episode of Log Horizon 2nd season in 1080p quality and it doesn't wanna increase the fps with RIFE, it shows the letter "SVP RIFE AI Engine 47,97 fps" or whatever but it plays at 24 fps, still I can play other 1080p anime videos with RIFE working, I use PotPlayer

Another question, why do you say that RIFE is like 10 times slower? I can play 1080p movies and anime and it uses 30% or less GPU like normal SVP, my GPU is the Quadro 3000m

If you need any extra info to help me just ask

Re: Why does RIFE not wanna interpolate some videos?

cause it's literally 10 times slower, and "Quadro 3000m" doesn't even support Vulkan

Chainik wrote:

cause it's literally 10 times slower, and "Quadro 3000m" doesn't even support Vulkan

For me it is not, what happens if it doesnt support it?

Hello, for 1080p normal video and anime RIFE uses 25 - 26% GPU, 21% with 720p, whats the catch? normal SVP cranked up with 1080p reaches 90+ % GPU usage and starts lagging

I have the Nvidia Quadro 3000m

Also theresn't any possible way to interpolate to 60fps with RIFE? maybe writing a line of command or something? just to know, thank you

> whats the catch?

it's not working at all
send the report just after the playback, we'll see...

Chainik wrote:

> whats the catch?

it's not working at all

Ok if you could tell me how to do it I will send it, I still find weird that still potplayer and msiab OSD report that the videos play as if they were interpolated with RIFE even with SVP closed, and now when I put SVP with fixed 60fps profile it says that it plays at 120fps, videos only play at 60fps if I set 60fps limit on Riva Tuner, sorry for the bad english

SVP menu > Information > Send problem report...

Chainik wrote:

> whats the catch?

it's not working at all

I've sent you 2 reports, the first one about videos running at 120 fps with 60 fps fixed SVP profile and the second one about videos running as if RIFE Ai profile were being used (movie fps x2) without having SVP running

you do know that RIFE is a Vapoursynth filter, and you read instructions first, right?
https://www.svp-team.com/wiki/RIFE_AI_interpolation

Chainik wrote:

you do know that RIFE is a Vapoursynth filter, and you read instructions first, right?

If I didn't I wouldn't know how to use it

Chainik wrote:

You could tell me what you think is going on or what is going on if you know instead of just asking that

you're turning on RIFE profile on Avisynth interface
it won't work
and even if you read the instructions and enable "Vapoursynth Filter" then
> "Quadro 3000m" doesn't even support Vulkan

---
and clear the script on PotPlayer's built-in Avisynth page and disable the "native interface" in SVP...

16:41:49.005 []: AVSF: found new player instance
16:41:49.005 [W]: AVSF: AviSynth Filter ignored in PotPlayer instance - native interface is active

Chainik wrote:

it won't work

---
and clear the script on PotPlayer's built-in Avisynth page and disable the "native interface" in SVP...

16:41:49.005 [W]: AVSF: AviSynth Filter ignored in PotPlayer instance - native interface is active

Didn't quite understand what you tried to say, RIFE doesn't work even if it is increasing the fps? any why PotPlayer is reporting that videos play at x2 movie fps even with svp closed? if you could explain better

Chainik wrote:

it won't work

---

I erased Avisynth filter from priority filter and now videos play at normal fps when SVP is disabled and at 60fps with fixed 60fps profile

And RIFE profile doesn't do anything now, but I don't understand why before it was increasing the fps still

I can't start Fife AI on potplayer