Topic: Can't run SVP on new MacOS 11.1 in VLC

Used to work but after OS update SVP seems to have stopped working. Error in VLC showing "Please install Vapoursynth via Homebrew". Have tried reinstalling SVP and VLC, everything is up to date.

Mac OS 11.1
2.3 GHz Intel i9
AMD Radeon 5500M

Any tips?

Re: Can't run SVP on new MacOS 11.1 in VLC

You need to setup VLC again. Use instruction:
https://www.svp-team.com/wiki/SVP:VLC#I … on_-_macOS

> "Please install Vapoursynth via Homebrew"

this message is in fact depends on the existence of /usr/local/opt/vapoursynth/lib/libvapoursynth-script.0.dylib
do you have everything (Homebrew) installed in /usr/local ?

just updated an M1 MacMini to 11.1 and reinstalled x86 Homebrew - everything work as usual

4 (edited by corntamale 26-01-2021 06:20:14)

> "Please install Vapoursynth via Homebrew"

> this message is in fact depends on the existence of /usr/local/opt/vapoursynth/lib/libvapoursynth-script.0.dylib
> do you have everything (Homebrew) installed in /usr/local ?

Have uninstalled and reinstalled SVP through the terminal a couple of times so I assume Homebrew is all downloaded. However I cant seem to find these files on my computer. not sure whats going on

there must be a Homebrew installation log in ~/Library/Application Support/SVP4/logs/brew.log, please show it

Chainik wrote:

there must be a Homebrew installation log in ~/Library/Application Support/SVP4/logs/brew.log, please show it

hmm under Library/Application Support, there is no /SVP subfolder. Perhaps something went wonky on the SVP installation? Is another reinstall required?

home folder/Library/Application Support/SVP4/

I'm having a similar problem with a Apple M1.
Now that homebrew supports M1 natively with install in /opt, everything works fine in MPV after configuring according to the wiki, but VLC gets the same error message as above "Please install Vapoursynth via Homebrew".

I've tried symlinking the /opt library filder to /usr/local/opt, but still get the same message.

How to convince SVP that vapoursynth is actually installed in /opt and to enable SVP in VLC?

VLC is not a native app, thus you need a x86-homebrew installation

===
ah, my bad, there's already a native 3.0.12.1
anyway we have to update SVP first to support this version

Thanks! After updating to latest SVP, it works in VLC.