Topic: Question about a harware conf

Hello

I have just tried SVP PRO (trial) and I'm very impressed. I did it on a PC with an intel GPU. My video chain is MPC-BE > AVIsynth > madVR (SDR and HDR tone mapping). Of course with HDR it did not work smoothly (mainly because of madVR) with the intel GPU.

Do you think the configuration below might fit for HDR tone mapping with madVR :

CPU intel i9 9900KF => it means the intel GPU is deactivated (is there any benefit to go with i9 9900K for which its GPU is activated ?)
RTX 2080Ti with 11Go
16 GO RAM

Please note that I need to use DXVA2 copy-back for a specific using with madVR.

Thanks for your help.
Alex

2 (edited by nemoW 11-12-2020 08:41:12)

Re: Question about a harware conf

Lates madVR beta 114 shows improved frame times for tone mapping so I think 2080Ti would be enough with some margin. However, to be sure, it is better to ask at the madVR support thread on doom9 or avsforum.

You can also use D3D11 and CUVID with madVR.

3 (edited by nemoW 11-12-2020 08:54:36)

Also note that for SVP, the frame rendering time should be less than 20.85ms (when doubling 23.976 FPS) or 16.68ms (when converting to the 60Hz screen refresh rate).

nemoW wrote:

Also note that for SVP, the frame rendering time should be less than 20.85ms (when doubling 23.976 FPS) or 16.68ms (when converting to the 60Hz screen refresh rate).

How or where do i check that? I'm doing x3 to 72fps

nemoW wrote:

Lates madVR beta 114 shows improved frame times for tone mapping so I think 2080Ti would be enough with some margin. However, to be sure, it is better to ask at the madVR support thread on doom9 or avsforum.

You can also use D3D11 and CUVID with madVR.

Thank you. 2080Ti is indeed enough, I could see it running with madVR 114b.

My question was more for SVP, is it good to use i9 9900KF instead of i9 9900K (with intel GPU) ? Or the type of CPU is not relevant for SVP ?

I have to use DXVA2 copy-back because madVR needs that for handling a specific zoom feature.

6 (edited by nemoW 11-12-2020 12:50:20)

AutumQueen92 wrote:
nemoW wrote:

If you are using MPV, press Shift+I to check statistics. If you are using MPC with madVR or EVR-CP, press Ctrl+J.
For 72fps, frame times should be lower 1s/72=13.89ms.

__alex__ wrote:

My question was more for SVP, is it good to use i9 9900KF instead of i9 9900K (with intel GPU) ? Or the type of CPU is not relevant for SVP ?

I think there is no difference between these CPUs for SVP. You can switch GPU via SVP settings.

nemoW wrote:
AutumQueen92 wrote:
nemoW wrote:

If you are using MPV, press Shift+I to check statistics. If you are using MPC with madVR or EVR-CP, press Ctrl+J.
For 72fps, frame times should be lower 1s/72=13.89ms.

I see two rendering options. Which one should I watch out for?

Post's attachments

Screenshot_29.png, 350.27 kb, 328 x 705
Screenshot_29.png 350.27 kb, 210 downloads since 2021-01-26 

> Which one should I watch out for?

both?

Chainik wrote:

> Which one should I watch out for?

both?

I tried making everything at lowest settings, the frames value doesn't go below 41.71ms though. But rendering time in average stats decreased.

41.71 is obviously 1000/23.976, nothing more

Chainik wrote:

41.71 is obviously 1000/23.976, nothing more

You're not making any sense and not answering my question but okay whatever you say keep telling yourself that.

> You're not making any sense and not answering my question

the question was "I see two rendering options. Which one should I watch out for?"
the answer was "both" - i.e. both "average stats - rendering" and "max stats - rendering", as there're no more "rendering" words in madvr's stats

> keep telling yourself that.

keep telling myself what? that "41.71 is obviously 1000/23.976", where 23.976 is the source frame rate thus 41.71 is a constant value making your "making everything at lowest settings, the frames value doesn't go below 41.71ms though" a nonsense? ok, I'll keep telling myself that.

next time please try to read carefully and think first before commenting