Topic: Artifacts issue

My pc is like this:
Nvidia gtx 970-Gpu
Amd fx 9590- Cpu

No matter what i do when i watch an anime or a movie there are a lot of artifacts that make it impossible to watch. Do you have any suggestions to make them disappear ?

Re: Artifacts issue

> make them disappear

There always will be visible artifacts on the interpolated frames. You can make them less visible in exchange of less smoothness or vise versa.

Read this: https://www.svp-team.com/wiki/Manual:FRC

But the ones i have make my movies or animes unwatchable because they are too big and i can clearly see them with my eyes. They decrease the quality of the movies or animes i've downloaded. So basicly what i want is a simple setting that makes movies and animes watchable and smooth too. Is that possible ?

4 (edited by dlr5668 07-06-2019 23:07:32)

cemaydnlar wrote:

But the ones i have make my movies or animes unwatchable because they are too big and i can clearly see them with my eyes. They decrease the quality of the movies or animes i've downloaded. So basicly what i want is a simple setting that makes movies and animes watchable and smooth too. Is that possible ?

Sure. You can start by matching display Hz and video fps aka 24 fps = 72/96/120/144 hz. Most monitors can handle 72 with overclock. Use search here
96 is the best since its 2*2, 120 is not great not terrible, 72/144 is passable

I use led tv and it is 60hz. When i make my settings more than 60fps movies or animes get laggy. I am actualky bad at this kind of things so you have to tell me with details unfortunately sad

cemaydnlar wrote:

I use led tv and it is 60hz. When i make my settings more than 60fps movies or animes get laggy. I am actualky bad at this kind of things so you have to tell me with details unfortunately sad

I only managed to tweak svp for my hardware (72 hz) but its easier to explain process for optimal 96 hz.
1 - original frame
2 - repeat of original frame
m - interpolated

original 24 fps - 11
easy scene (uniform) will look like 1mmm1mmm (25% original frames) with smoooooth shader
slightly harder - 1mmm1mmm but with 13th shader that will "cut" some artfiacts (25% original frames) but its less smooth
and hard to interpolate scene - 12mm12mm (u will see 50% of original frames)

dlr5668 wrote:

96 is the best since its 2*2

Not really best. The best ratio is 3.
For 24 fps movies it will be 72 Hz mode.
x3 ratio means you will get in each 3 frames: one frame always source with maximum of quality, another two frames has time positions 33% and 66%. It is close to sources than 50% position. More close to source position gives less visible artifacts. Of course I'm talking about possible artifacts. You will never see them at source frames and in some cases at calculated frames only wink

8 (edited by cemaydnlar 08-06-2019 09:25:19)

So should i use x3 for both movies and anime ?

No matter what i did movies are still unwatchable sad

This's exactly why the trial version exists. If motion interpolation artifacts are "unacceptable" and "unwatchable" for you - then it's not for you.

Chainik wrote:

This's exactly why the trial version exists. If motion interpolation artifacts are "unacceptable" and "unwatchable" for you - then it's not for you.

I'm a pro user. So thats the best thing you can say about my problem. Thanks anyway.

cemaydnlar wrote:

It is possible to decrease amount of visible artifacts with palying of settings. If you see artifacts and can't adjust settings yourself then share a part of your video.
You will get right settings for it from SVP community. wink

My current settings for anime (and movies):
I like maximum smoothness and prefer block artifacts instead of waved artifacts and I don't like any masks cause they reduces the smoothness.
So I use profile settings:
Frame interpolation mode: Uniform
SVP shader: 10. By blocks
Artifacts masking: Disabled
Motion vectors precision: Half (But for anime it can be One or Two pixels)
Motion vector grid: 12px (But for anime it can be 24px or 28px)
Processing of scene changes: Blend adjacent frames

All other settings by default.

MAG79 wrote:
cemaydnlar wrote:

It is possible to decrease amount of visible artifacts with palying of settings. If you see artifacts and can't adjust settings yourself then share a part of your video.

I like maximum smoothness and prefer block artifacts instead of waved artifacts and I don't like any masks cause they reduces the smoothness.

Thanks for the settings. I will try it and give a feedback.

MAG79 wrote:
cemaydnlar wrote:

It's better now but this time when people move around in a fast pace they get blurry. Do you have any idea why that happens ?

> Do you have any idea why that happens ?
Of course. Because of hard to detected motions in the frame.

We are talking about anime?

Give a link to episode and time in the clip please?
I need to know we are talking about the same.

MAG79 wrote:

> Do you have any idea why that happens ?
Of course. Because of hard to detected motions in the frame.

We are talking about anime?

Give a link to episode and time in the clip please?
I need to know we are talking about the same.

With animes any kind of setting works fine. I have problems in movies. Eather movies have a lot of big artifacts or every movement gets blurry. It’s the same with all the movies.