Topic: A few questions about SVP 4 before I buy it.

I am thinking of buying SVP 4 Pro, however I have a few questions:

1. My computer is not very powerful, and it lags when using the free trial on a video. The specs of my computer are: AMD A10-7300 and Radeon R6 integrated graphics, 8GB RAM. If I use SVP Code, will it allow me to perform the same motion interpolation as a high end computer would, but just not in real time. Is SVP code the same quality as the real time system?

2. I have tried another interpolation method (http://www.spirton.com/convert-videos-to-60fps/, this one, the one linked on the SVP wiki), however, this method did not work as well as I would have liked. It did improve the movement of the camera, which looked a lot smoother, however, the character moving on screen did not look like they were running at 60fps, they were improved, but not that much. I have seen examples on youtube which are better. Will SVP provide better results than the method I linked?

3. I noticed on the SVP code wiki page that there was a list of encoders (Intel QuickSync, NVIDIA NVENC, AMD AMF,). Does the decoder you can use depened on your graphics card? Also are some encoders better than others? For example as seen as I am on AMD can I not use the intel or NVidia ones?

Re: A few questions about SVP 4 before I buy it.

1. "Is SVP code the same quality as the real time system?" - yes

2. "Will SVP provide better results than the method I linked?" - SVP provides a lot of options affecting smoothness in various ways.

3.  Neither hardware encoder will work on your AMD A10-7300. Your only option is software encoding.

Chainik wrote:

1. "Is SVP code the same quality as the real time system?" - yes

2. "Will SVP provide better results than the method I linked?" - SVP provides a lot of options affecting smoothness in various ways.

3.  Neither hardware encoder will work on your AMD A10-7300. Your only option is software encoding.

Does the AMD one not work  as seen as I have an AMD graphics card. I was able to turn on AMD Fluid Motion Video using this: http://bluesky23.yukishigure.com/en/BlueskyFRC.html

Is the hardware encoding better than software encoding?

bradwiggo wrote:

Is the hardware encoding better than software encoding?

Kind of late on this, but when it comes to any sort of video encoding, software encoding almost always (if not always always) results in higher fidelity than hardware encoding.

Keep in mind that this is with regards to video encoding quality and has nothing to do with interpolation quality or smoothness or the like.  Using GPU acceleration for the actual interpolation engine should result in a smoother end-result but, at the same time, it can sometimes also result in more artifacting.

And an A10-7300 has GPU-accelerated (though not full hardware decoding) of HEVC, so even that should be playable at 1080p in SVP as long as you're using settings that aren't particularly high.