1 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 02-08-2018 22:53:08)

Topic: 64bit avisynth that can use older C++ versions without leaking memory?

For the 64bit avisynth that comes bundled with SVP, it would seem that the C++ version it wants (I think it's either 2013 or 2015?) is completely borked up on my HTPC and no amount of uninstalling & re-installing seems to make it work.

I've been making due with an old version of 64bit avisynth that works fine (it presumably uses an older version of C++), but it has an annoying bug that results in it leaking memory every single time I seek a video which can eventually make the video player crash.

I seem to have no issues using 32bit avisynth, but unfortunately HEVC playback performance is much less optimized even with the newest v0.72 LAVfilters - it's a big enough difference that 1920x1080 30fps HEVC @ 6Mbps requires me to drop all the way to 16px in SVP even though I can use 12px with 64bit (all other SVP settings being equal; also my HTPC's GPU is not current gen and therefore lacks any sort of GPU-accelerated HEVC decoding).

Therefore, I was wondering if there was some other version of 64bit avisynth that uses an older C++ version that also doesn't leak memory whenever you seek around in a video?

Yes if I re-installed my OS that could alleviate my issues altogether, but I really don't want to reinstall the entire OS...and for reference, my C++ woes prevents me from using mpv as well since it gives a similar error to what I get when trying to use SVP's bundled 64bit avisynth.

Re: 64bit avisynth that can use older C++ versions without leaking memory?

You can try c++ 2017 instead with the latest build from GitHub
https://github.com/pinterf/AviSynthPlus/releases

3 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 03-08-2018 19:31:48)

Re: 64bit avisynth that can use older C++ versions without leaking memory?

That didn't help; I also tried the "AviSynthPlus-MT-r2728-with-vc_redist.exe" install package but that too made no difference.

I've attached the two errors I normally get.  Taking the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll from the SVP program folder and adding it to the MPC-HC program folder (which is where I have avisynth.dll located) then results in the second error.  And to clarify, interpolation doesn't occur in both instances of when the error is present.

Interestingly, if I use a newer version of api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll from a recent (though not the newest) version of streamlink, the second error message does not come up at all...but interpolation still does not occur (SVP just says "No active playback" no matter what).

Also it seems like mpv actually can run and play fine with SVP closed, but with SVP it gives the same aforementioned error messages and also automatically closes a second or so after starting playback.  Similarly, using that newer version of api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll from streamlink will also result in no error messages appearing when SVP is open, but it'll still close after a second of playback as long as SVP is open.

Post's attachments

error1.png, 26.52 kb, 461 x 190
error1.png 26.52 kb, 351 downloads since 2018-08-03 

error2.png, 25.04 kb, 461 x 174
error2.png 25.04 kb, 336 downloads since 2018-08-03