Topic: SVPmark 3

http://www.svp-team.com/wiki/SVPmark

- nice and simple GUI wink
- no need in any codecs, can be executed on clean system
- several synthetic tests - to quickly (~30 sec) test and compare the system (can be used in "portable" mode)
- 8 avisynth scripts used in SVP (requiers Avisynth), three different video frame sizes
- online results database (accessed through Google Docs)

Enjoy wink

Re: SVPmark 3

the passwaord was show as text ...  roll

edison
this's not a bug but a feature: "Display characters as they are entered while editing otherwise display asterisks."  big_smile

HI,
I'd like to run Madvr and SVP on a 1080p.  Whats the suggested minimum for SVP Mark?

I 'just' bought i5 2300 and ATI 5450.  If its not enough, I can return it..

- CPU: compose (single-threaded): 444
- CPU: compose (multi-threaded): 1563
- CPU: search (single-threaded): 329
- CPU: search (multi-threaded): 1249
- GPU: No compatible OpenCL device found

Total SVP-MARKS: 1388

------------

Running subtest...
- CPU: compose (single-threaded): 441
- CPU: compose (multi-threaded): 1665
- CPU: search (single-threaded): 329
- CPU: search (multi-threaded): 1209
- GPU: system -> GPU transfer: 139
- GPU: GPU -> system transfer: 978
- GPU: calculation: 70
- GPU: total score: 549

Total SVP-MARKS: 1400
- SVP-CPU: 1400
- SVP-GPU: 1098

After latest 5-16 drivers from ATI catalyst installed.

5450 is too slow for 1080p.
I think the minimum AMD/ATI card for 1080p-video is 5570 (the first one with 400 SPs).

And if "SVP-GPU" is less than "SVP-CPU" then there's no reason to use GPU "acceleration" at all.
But it still can decode video (see Cyberlink HAM) and do some post-processing.

....Shucks.
What about the i5 2300?

Can you explain how the SVP is best utilized?  A better processor or a better GPU?
Where are the bottlenecks in the system?

I read and read and read about hardware, and I bought the wrong pieces.  Now I'm disappointed.

Hawkson wrote:

What about the i5 2300

It's cool wink

Where are the bottlenecks in the system?

The videocard. If you want to use madVR, hardware decoder, postprocessing shaders and SVP at the same time you need something like 5700-series or low-middle NV card.

Can you explain how the SVP is best utilized?  A better processor or a better GPU?

SVP is always(*) CPU-limited. GPU should be "just enough" and there's no point in buying high-end video for SVP.

--------

* - but not in your case wink

9 (edited by Hawkson 16-05-2011 14:31:30)

Thanks.  What about the GT 440?  Is that enough?   

I'm really interested to hear your CPU recommendations. 

I think you should add some sort of rough guide/update the FAQ on what the system requirements are for 1080p.

Actually, with a high end sandy bridge (i5 2500k..) CPU and its internal GPU,  why is a separate GPU neccessary?

What is SVP Math and why is the 4650 not compatible?  I have a 4xxx unused lying around...

Thanks for the assistance.

Hawkson wrote:

What about the GT 440?  Is that enough? 

For SVP-only use - yes, for SVP+madVR+CoreAVC - I'm not sure.

a high end sandy bridge <...> why is a separate GPU neccessary?
why is the 4650 not compatible

Cause they're not compatible big_smile The magic word is "OpenCL"

you should add some sort of rough guide/update the FAQ on what the system requirements are for 1080p.

I hope we'll release the next version of SVPMark soon. With real-life tests (not synthetic ones like in SVPMark 0.9), charts and online database wink

11 (edited by loverhd 16-05-2011 18:00:46)

By the way, here http://www.svp-team.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=55 there are anonther SVP mark results.
I learned from there that regarding the SVP index, NVidia cards are way more powerful compare to the similarly priced AMD one's.
So with some NVidia middle class GPU (supporting CUDA) you will be better off.

What are the minimum scores you recommend?  I can do a test in shop and buy something that reaches the minimums.

I don't understand why CoreAVC is listed with Madvr and SVP.  Coreavc should speed up the times, its a decoding mechanism, right?

13 (edited by loverhd 17-05-2011 06:02:47)

In some post I saw SVP Mark rate 500 as a minimum required.
Though, I miself would not advise use of the GPU with the minimum requirements. As you might want to explore some better quality settings, or later in next versions the more calculations will be put onto the GPU and GPU which in turn would require slightly more powerful GPU.

Hawkson wrote:

What are the minimum scores you recommend?

Are you talking about videocard, right? Then you may choose any AMD card >=5670 OR NV >=9600GT and there's no need to test it with SVPMark.

I don't understand why CoreAVC is listed with Madvr and SVP

On my AMD X6 software decoder can take up to 15-20% of CPU (it's like loosing one core from six). So with hardware decoder (like CoreAVC or HAM) I can get another "core" for SVP calculations for free wink

For owners of HD 4xxx I found that the best alternative is using Potplayer for decoding with DXVA and custom EVR I tried cyberlink HAM with bitstream but I think Potplayer is faster for decoding and very important it is also free big_smile

No madvr or Haali renderer but I think you can use custom shaders like in MPC too. Check these ones from these thread to improve quality. Here I have resolution of only 720p with small screen so I don't see much difference in the renderings  cool but I think it can be good alternative  smile

Move here some messages from the previous thread

edison wrote:

the passwaord was show as text

Fixed in 3.0.1 wink

17 (edited by edison 10-07-2011 16:36:12)

can you give me more detail of the result number ? for example: the meaning and the unit ?

I'm working on detailed English description.
For now you can try to translate this page with google.

edison
Thanks for Llano results! smile

20 (edited by Rimsky 11-07-2011 17:53:29)

edison
LLANO - ITS A PEACE OF CAKE!
my congratulation and my regards to AMD!
intel IGP is bullshit, it can't playback movie with fps=23.976 (mistiming), ugly picture, too slow (in 3dmark2001 ~ Geforce2 GTS!!!)

ALL HAIL LLANO!!! big_smile

big thanks for the llano test result!!!
please, test overclocking llano, especially gpu at 800mgz

21 (edited by edison 08-08-2011 15:47:28)

http://www.amd.com/us/press-releases/Pa … aug08.aspx

http://blogs.amd.com/developer/2011/08/ … copy-path/

The updated AMD APP SDK v2.5 delivers a key performance enhancement that reduces CPU to GPU bandwidth limitations, achieving effective data transfer rates as high as 15GB per second

Can we expect more speedup on AMD APUs ? smile

test it!

i7-2600K@4808MHz + HD6950@920MHz/1Gb@1350MHz

http://i2.imageban.ru/thumbs/2011.08.09/f90abe4eb2b01766b8a339b894bd815f.jpg

Hi, i've run SVP Mark with my i5 2500k, 9600GT and 4Go RAM, i come to MC1610, MG2816 but only FC1226. I don't understand why FC is so low, any idea ?

xam198
FC1226 means it's CPU score (without GPU support). So 1226 scores is not low for 2500k at stock clocks. For example, 2500k @4400 MHz gets 1751.