Topic: svp stopped working with plex, need help

SVP pro stopped working for past 2 days with plex. attaching log and a image, can someone help me. i see in the log  that it is detecting the plex player and video but svp says no active playback in control panel.(video is not interpolated)

tried reinstalling driver still no luck.

Thank you

Post's attachments

active.log 4.7 kb, 395 downloads since 2017-04-13 

svpimg..jpg 141.28 kb, 157 downloads since 2017-04-13 

Re: svp stopped working with plex, need help

Probaly Plex has updated itself.

> VideoPlayer: mpv git-32ff23c

while SVP's build is

> VideoPlayer: mpv 0.24.0-git-0f1afc6

Thanks for replying , any fix/workaround? or i have to rollback to earlier version for now?

thank you

replace 'mpv-1.dll' in Plex installation folder again

yes it worked, thanks

xarunx can you give me a step by step on what you did to get plex to work with SVP?

I got pro the other day and followed the wiki guide..not getting any interpolation in MPC-HC or Plex.

7 (edited by xarunx 21-06-2017 11:08:56)

plexface wrote:

xarunx can you give me a step by step on what you did to get plex to work with SVP?

I got pro the other day and followed the wiki guide..not getting any interpolation in MPC-HC or Plex.

sure.

note: i have plexpass, i dont know whether its mandatory to have plexpass but according to svp requirement u need plexpass(https://www.svp-team.com/wiki/SVP:Plex_Media_Player)

install plex media player(i used default path)
svp pro(defalut path)

then go to the location C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\PlexMediaPlayer

there create a file mpv.conf with notepad(make sure the extension is renamed to .conf because when u create a notepad file it will end with .txt)  and paste these lines

input-ipc-server=mpvpipe
hwdec-codecs=all
hr-seek-framedrop=no

then open plexmediaplayer.conf with notepad and change hardware decoding to copy, "hardwareDecoding": "copy"
(just use find and replace)

then copy mpv-1.dll from svp\mpv64 to plexmediaplayer folder and replace it(C:\Program Files\Plex\Plex Media Player\)

note : you have to replace everytime when plexmediaplayer is updated

thats it. svp will work with plex.

and i didnt add anything in environment variables.

Thanks

edit : you said its not working with MPC-HC so the problem may be with installation or someother thing too. if you are installing in windows 8 try running as administrator because i encounterd a strange problem(longback now in windows 10 and no problems here) that avisynth32/64 is not installed and make sure u select all the correct components duirng installation.

hope this helps smile

Just removed all instances of SVP, Python, Vapoursynth, PLEX, MPC etc.

Installed Plex Media Player 64.
Installed Python 3.6 64bit. 
Installed Vapoursynth 64-bit
Installed SVP 4 Pro with...
Core for DirectShow 32, 64, VaporSynth 64. ffdshow filters 32, 64. Avisynth+ 32,64. MPC-HC 32. mpv player and mpv shared library

One thing that may be of note, when it does the performance scan I don't actually get any profiles at all.. just "Automatic"...?

I set environment variables..
Replaced Plex "mpv-1.dll" with the one from "SVP 4\mpv64\"..
made the mvp.conf and placed in the AppData\Local\PlexMediaPlayer\ folder
Also tried with this in the plex media player folder in program files, just in case.

MPC-HC works, mpv player works. still nothing in PLEX (no OSD toast, tray icon says no playback and PLEX is reporting container FPS 30, filter FPS 29.97. Hardware Decoding: dxva2-copy (d3d11-egl-rgb)
Other than no SVP, plex is working as normal.

i5-6500, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 970, Win 10 Pro 64.

i'm a bit stumped. Any ideas?

I don't know whether plex pass makes the difference (its a requirement for svp to work with plex but I am not sure)

Secondly there is not need to install python I guess, I didn't install python and it's already there in the mpv64 folder inside svp (inside the mpv64 folder there are python files and python Exe,u can see for urself, the guide is old maybe) and thus i didn't set any environmental variables.

I just did what is mentioned above, one copy running in desktop and one in laptop and both works like a charm in plex.

Just uninstall python and the environment variables u set and u are good to go I think.

U can make profiles manually, just click the automatic option selection, it will show all the manual options for u to tweak