Topic: Screen and HDMI output out of sync?

This is a strange problem, and one that has arisen since last week.

Before this problem I had the perfect settings for me. I use an OLED TV, and a setting on it called "deblur". When using this setting coupled with 1.5m in SVP it was perfect.

For some reason (me probably messing around with something) now when I use these settings I can watch about 2 or 3 minutes of a movie and [regular and constant] stutter comes in. Only way to resolve it is to switch off the TV and switch back on, then everything is OK for another few minutes.

I have taken my PC to the shop and plugged into another identical TV - the same problem occurs.

I have swapped out the graphics card, a GT710. Still no change. Even installed a new OS, with no luck. For info I have an i7 2600.

It seems to happen at exactly the same time on each movie, almost like a frame gets dropped that kicks the TV into meltdown.

Everything was fine last week, so I know can work. The TV doesn't demonstrate this behaviour with any other source. The TV does not demonstrate this problem when SVP is not enabled.

How can I troubleshoot this problem? And please remind me how to show on screen stats within MPC-HC.

Many thanks.

Re: Screen and HDMI output out of sync?

Also, I should point out that I'm using 50hz output on my graphics card because when using 60hz and using reclock everything is sped up, 1 minute of footage is shown in about 45 seconds, so I can't use it.

If I'm using 50hz, then surely the 50fps setting in SVP should be the one I use, but instead I can only get smoothness from 48fps - why is this, or could this explain the problem?

Thanks.

> how to show on screen stats within MPC-HC
Ctrl-J

Please take screenshot and post it here. It will be usefull to get solution of your problem.

> I have taken my PC to the shop and plugged into another identical TV - the same problem occurs.

Do you have "normal" PC monitor or this TV is the only one?

Did you updated to SVP ver. 4.1.111 this week? I'm asking because of another strange issue (probably) caused by updating to 32-bit Avisynth+ - http://www.svp-team.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3901

I have an LG OLEDE55v 55 inch OLED TV.

I haven't had the chance to get the screenshots yet, but as far as I remember I think this issue happened before the update was made available.

I mean - do you have another usual PC monitor to try with? LG's TVs are way too smart... big_smile

I've tried it without the deblur turned on and there is no problem. Something is confusing the TV only when deblur is turned on.

I am certain that if I place a standard monitor on the PC there will be no problem.

8 (edited by Jarvmeister 14-04-2017 08:14:26)

Hi, image of stats as requested.

https://ibb.co/eZ8935

If you think it's worth it I'll happily reinstall the OS and put an older build of SVP on, let me know and link me to the installer if so.

At your screenshot i see one interesting line:
vsync 20ms, frame 41,71 ms

Looks like your GPU is not fast enough to render frame between vsync events.
Try to reduce madVR settings or to select another renderer in MPC-HC.
For example use EVR (custom presenter): MPC-HC menu View - Options... - Output tab

Post's attachments

EVR_D3DFullscreen.png, 24.47 kb, 646 x 502
EVR_D3DFullscreen.png 24.47 kb, 392 downloads since 2017-04-14 

Wow! You're right on the money. I've had to adjust a few more things, but it was definitely a Vsync related issue, and my card was not powerful enough. Now I do not get the issue with nearly everything, except for films that completely fill the screen, ie no black bars.

I will be making a donation.

Thanks. It's been driving me insane for about a week.