Topic: SVP doesn't correctly detect framing

Hello I have some blurays that are encoded at 1080i/50fps (Reclock reads them correctly), unfortunately for some reason SVP thinks they are 23.974 fps and messes up the interpolation playing them at 59.94 (2X), any ideas?

Re: SVP doesn't correctly detect framing

SVP thinks exactly what MediaInfo thinks, plus ffdshow's readings can switch source frame rate value at runtime.
Messages from SVP's log could help wink

Hi Chainik, SVP is doing 29.97 *5/3, but even if I force it to do 2X when video set to 50Hz the movie doesn't look fluid, I don't know maybe a pulldown issue? Please keep in mind that I deinterlace it with lav yadif (25p/30p film). Here's the log (I wanted to attach a sample but it is a blu ray rip and it is huge, I tried to extract a 3 minutes sample but is is still over 700MB... THANKS

Post's attachments

active.log 3.65 kb, 526 downloads since 2016-11-20 

brrr... I'm lost big_smile

first message:
1080i/50fps ... SVP thinks they are 23.974 fps and messes up the interpolation playing them at 59.94 (2X)

what I can see in the log:
1080i/60fps ... SVP thinks it's 29.970 fps ant plays it at 49.95 (x5/3)

obviously if you "force it to do 2X" you'll get 60 fps, and it won't be any fluent playing on the 50 hz screen

5 (edited by AndreaMG 20-11-2016 21:09:39)

In the attachment you'll find mediainfo txt which shows result 29.970 fps, which is wrong because the show was recorded in UK broadcast 1080i/50. I used to see the exact same file with SVP 3.1.7 with the TV set to 50ha and frame doubling overriding the auto detection. I tried to download SVP old version but now it gives me error (see attachment).

What you see in the log is a wrong framerate what I need to know is a way to let SVP think that the file is 25fps

Is it clear?? smile

Post's attachments

Cattura.PNG, 6.84 kb, 526 x 218
Cattura.PNG 6.84 kb, 502 downloads since 2016-11-20 

mediainfo.txt 5.33 kb, 654 downloads since 2016-11-20 

6 (edited by AndreaMG 20-11-2016 21:20:24)

Chainik wrote:

brrr... I'm lost big_smile

obviously if you "force it to do 2X" you'll get 60 fps, and it won't be any fluent playing on the 50 hz screen

That's because SVP is making the interpolation starting from a wrong mediainfo data, I need a way to manually:

- 2X if I want to watch the show in 50Hz

- 2.4X if I want to watch the show in 60Hz

Right know if for instance I force SVP to do 2X it doubles the wrong framerate giving me 59.94fps on 50Hz! I want 25fps X2 on 50Hz.

Thank you smile:)

> mediainfo txt which shows result 29.970 fps, which is wrong because the show was recorded in UK broadcast 1080i/50

assuming this's true, then SVP should switch to the correct frame rate after a few seconds
what do you see in ffdshow properties -> Info -> Movie FPS?

8 (edited by AndreaMG 21-11-2016 13:55:56)

Hi Chaink, I extraxced a small prtion from the episode using "MKVToolNix", the mkv was obtaind ripping a legit blueray with "Makemkv", so the  file is an exact replica of the source (apart the container of course). It's a panning scene that descibes very well the problem.

PLESE TELL ME HOW TO PLAY IT SMOOTHLY! Thank you! smile

http://www.fileconvoy.com/dfl.php?id=g2 … da6c14a0eb

> a small prtion from the episode

yeah, and it actually IS 29.9 fps

> PLESE TELL ME HOW TO PLAY IT SMOOTHLY!

throw it away and get normal rip big_smile

10 (edited by AndreaMG 21-11-2016 14:38:52)

Chainik wrote:

> a small prtion from the episode

yeah, and it actually IS 29.9 fps> big_smile

If it is actually 29.97 how on earth does it play with so much stutter?? Does it look smooth to your eyes??

Chainik wrote:

> PLESE TELL ME HOW TO PLAY IT SMOOTHLY!

throw it away and get normal rip big_smile

What do you mean "get a normal rip"? Does "makemkv" change the framerate?

Thanks! smile

PS I will try to play it directly from the disc using "Anydvd" and report back to see id "Makemkv" is the real coulprit..

AndreaMG
It can be hard/soft telecined. 24-in-30 fps.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telecine# … d_telecine
So, your decoder must restore source frame rate while decoding video.
It is need to check it frame by frame in player.

Sorry, I didn't download your video yet.

12 (edited by AndreaMG 21-11-2016 14:55:59)

Thanks please when you have time give it a look. I will try to watch it directly from the disc (it will take some time because it is in another house of mine) and rip it with another program (anydvd) in .iso format fo see what happens big_smile

> What do you mean "get a normal rip"?
download normal progressive 25 fps mkv big_smile

Haha no no I'm a good boy I rip my discs without any added compression, quality first of all big_smile

AndreaMG
Your video has 59.94 fields/sec (or 29.97 frames/sec) and it consists of 25 original frames/sec (24.975).
I can detect it from manual "stop-motion" rewind frame-by-frame. Ctrl-Right arrow In MPC-HC.
I know one way how to open it with 25 fps via AVS-script.
You need to use TIVTC plugin from tritical.

tdecimate(cycle=6)

Thank you Mag, I've downloaded "TIVTC.dll", where do I put it? How can I use it alongside SVP?

If you have a time (and free space on your HDD wink ) then you can recode and save your video with restoring 25 fps from 30.
It is the best way to get maximum stability when you will playback and smoothing up this video.
You can use AVS-script:

DirectShowSource("Doctor Who S05E01 - The Eleventh Hour.mkv", fps=29.97)
AssumeFps(30)
TFM()
TDecimate(Cycle=6)

It will combine progressive frames from interlaced, and decimate 1 frame (frame-double) in every 6 frames.
Try it.

Thanks Mag, but for some reason it doesn't work, anyways it's not SVP fault you can close the thread. I'll watch it straight from the blu ray and try to rip with another tool