Topic: [Resolved] SVP Index N/A

I heard that it's supposed to be around 1.0 to be good but mine shows N/A and when i started using SVP 4 whenever I'd open a video a menu popped up showing the settings and the fps, but now it doesnt appear anymore.
I've tried changing so many settings but i couldnt make it work again. sad
Help, please!

Re: [Resolved] SVP Index N/A

Moavre
N/A is some cases mean very low value of SVP index.
Does your video plays at normal speed or significantly slower than audio track?

It plays normal, i've just recently bought my pc and it was working alright before.. i don't know what changed for the svp to stop.

I see. Then you can reinstall SVP: uninstall and install it again.

The video's native frame rate wouldn't happen to be greater than 47fps, would it?

Nintendo Maniac 64 wrote:

The video's native frame rate wouldn't happen to be greater than 47fps, would it?

No, Ctrl+J shows native 23.810 in the one I tested now and even in the old ones that were working before and now it wont work.

@MAG79

Will try it, it doesn't lose my license right?

Oddly enough, when i try to uninstall it using the windows 10 control painel I get an error saying "Unable to find C:\Program Files (x86)\SVP 4\svp4-maintenance.exe" and using the old control painel it says that the program may be already uninstalled and ask if I want to remove it from the list.

I'm still running it tho and it shows in the system tray alright.

Moavre wrote:

This isn't an anime rip by HorribleSubs, is it?

Moavre
Reinstalling SVP is completely safe operation to your license.
Did you successfully complete reinstall operation or it still stays uncompleted?

10 (edited by Moavre 26-10-2016 19:27:35)

Nintendo Maniac 64 wrote:
Moavre wrote:

This isn't an anime rip by HorribleSubs, is it?

Yeah it is XD

@MAG79
Still uncompleted, I don't have it showing in the control painel anymore but the program is still there running in the system tray. Should I try to delete the entire paste?

11 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 27-10-2016 02:11:45)

Moavre wrote:

Yeah it is XD

HorribleSub's 23.810fps releases seem to have problems with SVP anyway.

(no surprise since such a non-standard frame rate implies that there's something being done wrong on the video-encoding side of things)

12 (edited by Kira Yamato 27-10-2016 04:57:19)

Strangely enough, my SVP Index also says the same: N/A
Note: Mine is not horrible subs that Moavre was talking about.  I'm talking about all the sources I've ever watched through MPC (32-bit) & SVP 4 / SVP 4 Pro.

I mean SVP still works while generating 60fps or 5x.xx fps, but that performance page never seemed to ever display a value for me before, even though I've seen other users here put pictures of it here.
Also, SVP has not implemented 10 bits yet right?  When I watch some media files with MPC (without SVP), it displays 10 bit, but I believe your SVP version comparison page says it's TBD.  I'm guessing the SVP developer team is sorting it out.

Also, would this forum or wiki site have a full detailed guide on how to use SVP 4 Pro to its maximum capability?  Like step by step tutorials for those who used the SVP free before.

Thanks.

Moavre wrote:

Should I try to delete the entire paste?

Yes. Just delete SVP folder from Program Files (x86). And install it again. It must help.

I checked. On my system SVP uninstalled completely. SVP folder is empty after that.
So, I can't repeat the issue of incompletely SVP uninstallation.

Just launch C:\Program Files (x86)\SVP 4\svp4-maintenance.exe and select uinstall or manually delete that folder

HorribleSub's 23.810 fps releases play back smooth on my 60hz screen if I set the frame rate conversion to Moviex2.5

Maybe try that?

James D wrote:

Just launch C:\Program Files (x86)\SVP 4\svp4-maintenance.exe and select uinstall or manually delete that folder

I couldn't find it there, only had the .dat and config.

@biff
I think in my case something broke the connection from SVP4 to the MPC-HC player, reinstalling fixed it.

@MAG79

Thanks, after complete reinstall it's back working normally and it's also showing Index value around 1.04.