Topic: Should I keep 32-bit or change to 64?

Hi!
I have been using 32-bit for SVP for awhile now and seen that people are changing over to 64-bit, why is that? Is it any better, what are the advantages, and what makes 64-bit better?
Thanks! smile

Re: Should I keep 32-bit or change to 64?

mpv is 64 bit only and it's better big_smile

Chainik wrote:

mpv is 64 bit only and it's better big_smile

So I can't use Potplayer or any other video players and have to get used to MPV?

Potplayer in 64bit is fine. MPV does look better though, less haloing, for example.

Hey Chainik, any simple advice on how to get MPV to play 5.1 audio?

Just note that setting up automatic resolution/refresh changing is a total PITA for MPV unless you're handy with the likes of command line and/or coding.

biff wrote:

Hey Chainik, any simple advice on how to get MPV to play 5.1 audio?

Have you tried launching it with "--audio-channels=auto"?

I'm not "handy with command line and/or coding" and I found the online how-to pages for MPV incomprehensible. If its going to be a royal PITA to set up properly, which is what it looks like so far, then I'll just stick with Potplayer 64bit for now. Thanks anyway guys.

biff wrote:

I'm not "handy with command line and/or coding" and I found the online how-to pages for MPV incomprehensible. If its going to be a royal PITA to set up properly, which is what it looks like so far, then I'll just stick with Potplayer 64bit for now. Thanks anyway guys.

Just make a shortcut to MPV, and add that line. It's not too hard.

Like so:

http://i.imgur.com/aFLP1Gg.png

Figuring out what to configure in the first place is a PITA though, and information is scattered. That MPV GUI can't get done soon enough.

I should also mention that SVP does work better with MPV. I can set 2 smaller block sizes than with MPC.

I'll give it a whirl. Cheers!

biff wrote:

I'll give it a whirl. Cheers!

It's recently been pointed out to me that you can paste those same things in the config file:

dlr5668 wrote:

mpv.conf @ %appdata%/mpv

input-ipc-server=mpvpipe
vo=opengl-hq:backend=angle:scale=ewa_lanczossharp:cscale=ewa_lanczossoft:interpolation:tscale=mitchell:tscale-clamp:temporal-dither:user-shaders="~~/shaders/adaptive-sharpen.glsl"
video-sync=display-resample
video-sync-max-video-change=10
ao=wasapi
hwdec=d3d11va-copy
slang=enUS,en,eng,ptBR,pt
alang=jp,jpn,enUS,en,eng,ptBR,pt
save-position-on-quit=yes
autosync=30
#af=volume=5.1

https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code … 1Ndkw5GMCk

That'll give you MadVR-like scaling and sharpening plus the equivalent of the Reclock audio renderer.