Topic: Problem with a 23.809fps anime

Hi everyone! I have a problem with an anime (aldonoah zero 2):i don't know why but the fps of video source is 23.809 fps instead of 23.978 fps.
So,when i watch this anime i have a slight stutter and a bad playback,what can i do?

Re: Problem with a 23.809fps anime

Where I can download sample of your video? The same source.

https://1fichier.com/?2ca6owzrx2

4 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 06-06-2016 19:39:54)

If you're using SVP Pro, you could instead manually specify a multiplier (like 2.5x, 3x, etc).

I usually do this for 60fps YouTube WebM's because, if/when they have a variable framerate, the last thing I want SVP to do is to interpolate at something crazy like 61:30.

So if i have a monitor of 72hz and i have svp 3.1.7 what multuplier have i to set?

Movie x3

Yes but, is it  the same think no?
i mean if i set "to screen refresh rate" then the output fps will be 71.428,if i set "Sourche moultiplied by 3" then the output fps will be 71.428.
So what change?

Constant integer multiplier can solve stutter issues.
I need to download your file first to tell more. Thank you for the link. I will inform you what I will find there.

AndyDragneel wrote:

Yes but, is it  the same think no?
i mean if i set "to screen refresh rate" then the output fps will be 71.428,if i set "Source multiplied by 3" then the output fps will be 71.428.
So what change?

SVP might instead try to do fraction like 3.025x which would give 72.022... which is closer to 72Hz than 71.428 is.

Downloaded file has good standard framerate: 23.976 fps.

AndyDragneel
Where did you see another framerate and what the problem with stutter?

Hi, I downloaded this file too and it seemed to played perfectly for me too with SVP.

My svp detect 23.809 fps how it is possible? With all other videos the frame rate is stable (23.976) and there is no stutter....

Maybe it is some DS filter or its version. Show please your filters list. MPC-HC - Play - Filters - Copy filters list to clipboard. Paste here.

MAG79 wrote:

Maybe it is some DS filter or its version. Show please your filters list. MPC-HC - Play - Filters - Copy filters list to clipboard. Paste here.

Are you telling me that its an order for the filter list lol? Damn! Mind looking at mine too?

TayyabKhalid
There is can be some not suitable filter in the list.

16 (edited by TayyabKhalid 08-06-2016 17:31:49)

MAG79 wrote:

TayyabKhalid
There is can be some not suitable filter in the list.

In that case, how is my list? Should I add something change? I am using potplayer.

Post's attachments

Capture.PNG, 42.23 kb, 746 x 566
Capture.PNG 42.23 kb, 566 downloads since 2016-06-08 

17 (edited by AndyDragneel 09-06-2016 09:22:56)

Filters currently loaded:
  - Default DirectSound Device
  - Render Enhanced Video (personalizzato)
  - Audio Switcher
  - ffdshow raw video filter
  - LAV Audio Decoder (internal)
  - LAV Video Decoder (internal)
  - LAV Splitter Source (internal)
Is this ok?

Anyway i was thinking if i use the software "Reclock" then can i solve the problem?

Filter list is ok. Try download MPC-HC nightly build or MPC-BE. Setup it to use with SVP.
The strange thing is I have MPC-HC 1.7.10 as you and filters list as you. But I see framerate 23.976.

I also have MPC-HC 1.7.10 and the same filter list and I see 23.976 being run through SVP 3.1.7 .

I don't recommend ReClock.  I tried it with this file.  As this is an mp4 file, ReClock actually interfaces properly with it automatically (ie: it detects that SVP has increased the FPS).   I noticed my FPS fluctuating between 55-60 with ReClock enabled, though the audio was synched.   However, after a while ReClock started to cause audio stutter and warble. 

Dunno if it is just because it is so ancient, or because of how much computation power it needs, but I've had a lot of issues with ReClock.

I think every HorribleSubs releases that I'm following this season has that frame-rate. (Hundred, Sousei no Onmyouji, and Gakusen Toshi Asterisk).

In my case, it was constantly dropping 1 frame for 1 second or so. I thought the problem because of 8-bit video that use GPU hardware decoding (my gpu system that I can access now very weak compared to my old system), but after some observation, it's because of the frame-rate.

The stuttering didn't really noticeable though.

mashingan wrote:

I think every HorribleSubs releases that I'm following this season has that frame-rate. (Hundred, Sousei no Onmyouji, and Gakusen Toshi Asterisk).

In my case, it was constantly dropping 1 frame for 1 second or so. I thought the problem because of 8-bit video that use GPU hardware decoding (my gpu system that I can access now very weak compared to my old system), but after some observation, it's because of the frame-rate.

The stuttering didn't really noticeable though.

How did you fix it, please help me too!

TayyabKhalid wrote:

I haven't fixed it yet, too. Maybe it's just me, but the stuttering I've experienced is minimal. It's still dropping frames in constant rate, though.

mashingan wrote:
TayyabKhalid wrote:

I haven't fixed it yet, too. Maybe it's just me, but the stuttering I've experienced is minimal. It's still dropping frames in constant rate, though.

Which SVP settings are you using?

TayyabKhalid wrote:

Which SVP settings are you using?

Hard to explain, because I'm using SVPFlow directly without SVP Manager.