1 (edited by Alex 08-02-2019 08:59:26)

Topic: [deleted]

sdasdaasdad

Re: [deleted]

As I recall, only SVP 4 Pro and the earlier 3.1.7 version (which has more artifacts) offer the option of "uniform (max fluidity)" when it comes to frames interpolation mode. That's a deal breaker for me, because only the option of "adaptive" is available on SVP 4 Free. I want total smoothness and the difference is significant to my eyes so going pro was the way for me to go.

3 (edited by Alex 08-02-2019 08:59:32)

sdadasdads

Alex wrote:

Hmm... I might consider then. That being said, truth is my computer is just barely good enough to run SVP at the max setting on the slider.
By the way, try enabling Smooth Motion, SVP, and Hardware Deinterlacing and Acceleration (LAV Video) all together then, I noticed it was best that way.

Try madVR with nnedi3 supersamping enabled. big_smile

I was on the fence with free vs pro and am 100% satisfied with the Pro version
with the smooth playback just amazes me.

6 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 18-05-2016 21:22:29)

Don't forget about the "Complicated" shader!  Some content (particularly those with thin moving lines) it gives horrible artifacts, but on high-res content and higher frame-rate content the results can be glorious.

Also, the Pro version (or just SVP 3.1.7) is a must-have if your PC is on the weaker side because, in such low-performance situations, SVP's automatic settings selection prioritizes smoothness too much over minimizing artifacts.

More info:
http://www.svp-team.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2699

Alex wrote:

Hmm... I might consider then. That being said, truth is my computer is just barely good enough to run SVP at the max setting on the slider

That is as it should be; the values set by the slider is relative to the performance of your system.

In other words, on a single core Intel Atom, the maximum setting on the slider is going to be way worse than if your PC used an i7-4790k.

Alex wrote:

Hmm... I might consider then. That being said, truth is my computer is just barely good enough to run SVP at the max setting on the slider.

SVP benchmarks your system when it first sets itself up, and changes the default setting accordingly. The max slider setting will always be difficult to run tongue

Correct me if I'm wrong (havent tried free SVP in ages), but SVP Pro also gets your vapoursynth/mpv SVP. It's more efficient, as I can use smaller (smoother) block sizes than I can with regular SVP.

brucethemoose wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong (havent tried free SVP in ages), but SVP Pro also gets your vapoursynth/mpv SVP. It's more efficient, as I can use smaller (smoother) block sizes than I can with regular SVP.

But be aware that setting up mpv to automatically change your display refresh rate is a massive pain unless you are well capable of handling coding, command lines, or similar.

They promised built-in video conveter to save in 60fps... one day.

I posted some definitive difference about Free vs Pro
https://www.svp-team.com/forum/viewtopi … 685#p55685

This reminds me, I think it'd be more useful to end-users if they could see the actual options and stuff that are a part of SVP 4 Pro.

In other words, more screenshots!