51 (edited by dlr5668 18-05-2016 01:53:31)

Re: mpv based video players for Windows

dele

I agreed about "Broken shit" definition big_smile
It's tricky to build latest ANGLE from git...

> You forgot --enable-egl-angle in "official" build

I don't cause it was removed from the official build scripts for Windows.

mashingan wrote:

mpv is gpu intensive sad
the only way I can watch with mpv is to lower the setting of my svpflow options.

Post your VO config. You can make it everything from incredibly heavy to absolutely negligible.

54 (edited by Mystery 19-04-2016 17:57:37)

As per official documentation

mpv: disable angle
Broken shit, not worth wasting my time with.

LOL!

Yep that shit is broken but I still managed to compile it big_smile

Any future upgrades to this or a roadmap going forward? Very nice
player with the latest update.

I don't see any mpv-specific issues for now

myfakeacc wrote:

Post your VO config. You can make it everything from incredibly heavy to absolutely negligible.

My config together with its MPV is in my PC system and currently I've no way to access it sad
I think the only config I added was vo=dxd3d and vf only to load the vapoursynth script.

59 (edited by ionutm80 06-05-2016 06:32:44)

Ok. I gave mpv a run ... and I'm not quite impressed. I didn't bother with SMPlayer but loaded the test movie directly in mpv. SPV activates itself but with the standard conf file the playback is far from being fluid, in fact is more like slow motion exactly the opposite to a hfr movie or maybe my poor Intel NUC is far from being capable .... I've also looked upon creating profiles for different sort of movies, selecting different scalers and man it's quite cumbersome compared to madVR so I gave up on it for now. In x86 chain with MPC-HC + LAV Filters + madVR + SVP + ReClock I have perfect playback now with 1 drop frame every couple of hours.

60 (edited by brucethemoose 11-05-2016 07:36:07)

ionutm80 wrote:

Ok. I gave mpv a run ... and I'm not quite impressed. I didn't bother with SMPlayer but loaded the test movie directly in mpv. SPV activates itself but with the standard conf file the playback is far from being fluid, in fact is more like slow motion exactly the opposite to a hfr movie or maybe my poor Intel NUC is far from being capable .... I've also looked upon creating profiles for different sort of movies, selecting different scalers and man it's quite cumbersome compared to madVR so I gave up on it for now. In x86 chain with MPC-HC + LAV Filters + madVR + SVP + ReClock I have perfect playback now with 1 drop frame every couple of hours.

MPV is more CPU-efficient for me. On my 4670k, I can usually knock the block size setting down 2 settings from what I use in MadVR/MPC and still get fluid playback, which makes motion look noticeably smoother.

It's just a PITA to configure, relatively speaking. It has MadVR-like scalers and Reclock-like audio/video sync, but those parameters have to be added manually via launch options in a shortcut or into a config file on Windows.

Someone really needs to make a decent MPV GUI hmm. We have SMPlayer, but it doesn't add any GUI for configuring MPV.

brucethemoose
> We have SMPlayer, but it doesn't add any GUI for configuring MPV.

SMPlayer is in active development so there're good chances if someone will post a feature request...

Chainik wrote:

brucethemoose
> We have SMPlayer, but it doesn't add any GUI for configuring MPV.

SMPlayer is in active development so there're good chances if someone will post a feature request...

Are they on Github?

If ya'll don't do it, I might make the request at some point. I'm suprised they haven't implemented it already, TBH.

https://sourceforge.net/p/smplayer/feature-requests/

SMPlayer is not exactly liked by mpv devs because it uses mpv in a deprecated way and SMPlayer users are frequently opening issues at mpv's tracker because of problems caused by options SMplayer is adding.
Personally I don't know the program so I don't want to judge it.

However, I know of one (new) front end that is developed specifically for mpv: http://bakamplayer.u8sand.net/
I'm not using this one either so I can't really tell much about it. Going by the screenshot however, there's a "Settings" menu.

The problem with that "Baka" is it's statically linked with libmpv.
So if someone wants to use it with SVP - he will need to ask Baka devs to build it "the right way" first - e.g. with the Vapoursynth enabled.
And then they will refuse to do it cause they will fail to statically link with Vapoursynth and Python big_smile

From SVP's point of view:
- mpv executable just works (this includes SMPlayer)
- players dynamically linked with libmpv can work after some manual PATH adjustments and file replacements (see Plex)
- players statically linked with libmpv won't work at all

Ah okay, I didn't know that about Baka MPlayer. That's unfortunate.

Just saw this: https://github.com/cmdrkotori/mpc-qt
I think it's kind of new but claims:

A clone of Media Player Classic reimplimented in Qt. (screenshot)

Media Player Classic Home Cinema is considered by many to be the quintessential media player for the Windows desktop. Media Player Classic Qute Theater (mpc-qt) aims to reproduce most of the interface and functionality of mpc-hc while using libmpv to play video instead of DirectShow.
[...]
Features

Nearly everything that mpc-hc does. For the most part, unwritten portions relate to setting options, streaming from devices, and storing favorites.

and apparently some features not available in mpc-hc.
However, the probably most interesting part might be:

Mpc-Qt can be compiled with a libmpv linked to MSYS2's ffmpeg libraries, or by using the prebuilt library from mpv.srsfckn.biz.

implying you can use libraries build by other ppl?

Not sure if actually interesting but wanted to let you know.

> mpc-qt

check this out: link big_smile
(a mingw-64 build with Qt 5.5 + mpv-1.dll with vapoursynth + "input-ipc-server=mpvpipe" option hardcoded into mpc-qt sources)

Chainik wrote:

> mpc-qt

(a mingw-64 build with Qt 5.5 + mpv-1.dll with vapoursynth + "input-ipc-server=mpvpipe" option hardcoded into mpc-qt sources)

I realize this isn't the place for a configuration question but I can't find any Windows configuration hints... I have the latest 64-bit versions of VapourSynth and Python installed and can verify the VapourSynth installation via Python "print(c.version())" - returns "core R32". I'm not real savvy at this sort of thing but I do OK with scripts to work from and pros like you to point me in the right direction.

I DL'ed mpc-qt-svp-20160517 pkg and unziped it in a standalone folder. When I attempt to run mpc-qt.exe from that folder the following error is returned "The program can't start because VapourSynth.dll is missing from your computer".

Does it need VapourSynth.dll in C:\Windows\System32 - like AviSynth.dll? Do I need to register it ()

Better yet..if you have the time and it's not much of an effort would you please offer up some suggestions that would help me try out MPC-QT?

70 (edited by dlr5668 04-07-2016 18:55:45)

Sharing ANGLE build. Config && libs included.
https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code … Bkn8GCG6By
UPDATED to 0.18

OSD http://i.imgur.com/lNJZMdp.jpg

MistahBonzai
The same setup as needed for the VLC: http://www.svp-team.com/forum/viewtopic … 313#p59313
Either install full Python and Vapoursynth packages with their own setup files
or add SVP 4\mpv64 to both PATH and PYTHONPATH environment variables

And yes, vapoursynth.dll should be in the PATH.
I'm not sure why the official installer doesn't copy it to the system32 (while it copies vsscript.dll here)

Chainik wrote:

> mpc-qt

Oh, you are way ahead of me big_smile

Does anyone know how to use a vapoursynth script directly in mpv in windows without using svp?
Command should be something like -vf=vapoursynth="filepath" but I can't quite get it to work.

Updated mpv angle build to 0.18.1 (using google chrome libs this time):
https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code … Bkn8GCG6By

you don't need any special build for ANGLE anymore since mpv 0.18 loads it dynamically
and the official Windows build now contains all needed support

just place libegl.dll and libglesv2.dll (you can borrow them from Google Chrome installation) near mpv.exe

====
I've just added ANGLE dlls as a part of "mpv 0.18-2" package.