1 (edited by Blackfyre 13-05-2016 08:50:09)

Topic: Request: SVP Pro Extra Options

Hi Developers;

I would like to request extra options, such as the ones I've edited into the picture below; to control IF statements at the bottom. LOOK at Extra Options at the END of the list (as an example).

For example I want it set up so that IF I am watching 4K content, processing threads are set to 13 and GPU Acceleration is set on my Intel HD 4600. I also want Black Bar Detection disabled.

And IF I am watching 1080p content, I want 19 processing threads, and GPU Acceleration on my AMD R9 280X, with black bar detection enabled.

Essentially what I am asking, is that all the options we can do by right clicking SVP Tray Icon, should be added in Extra Options section (check picture below) so we can use them in IF statements.

By default all of them will be set to "USE GLOBAL SETTING", and global setting is whatever we set when we right click SVP, but should we want to make IF statements we can change these Extra Options to what we want.

The reason I want to do this, is because every file type (720p, 1080p, 4K) requires me to use different settings so that NO hanging or NO crashing happens.

For example 4K Videos stop crashing when I set processing threads to 13, but at 19 they crash. And at 19 processing threads it stops hanging issue with 1080p videos. So would be great if we can set perimeters.

http://i.imgur.com/Z1FEoRB.png

EDIT:

FOR Processing Threads, can you please ADD Custom number option (text box that can allow me to enter 10, 20, 30, or 40 if I want).

Re: Request: SVP Pro Extra Options

Rather than further complicate the UI wouldn't it be preferable for the crashing/hanging issues to be fixed instead?

3 (edited by Blackfyre 14-05-2016 06:47:11)

oviano wrote:

Rather than further complicate the UI wouldn't it be preferable for the crashing/hanging issues to be fixed instead?

How does adding those "Extra Options" at the end complicate the UI? (example is at the end of the picture above) By default they would all be on GLOBAL Setting like I explained, no one even needs to touch them, they're just Extra Options for those who want to use them in an IF statement.

Crashing issue was fixed (in 99% of cases anyway), hanging issue still exists (hopefully will be fixed anyway). But that doesn't mean anything, those options are still great to have there for IF statements. Even if all issues are fixed.

I can set up the profiles so that if I Press Numpad 1 it chooses the 4K Profile which would have GPU Acceleration Enabled on my AMD Card + Processing Threads set to 13 + Detecting Black Bars OFF + Lights OFF.

I can Press Numpad 2 and it chooses my 1080p Profile which uses GPU Acceleration on my Intel card and 19 Processing Threads + black bars detection ON + Lights OFF

I can use profile, 3, 4, or 5 and have custom settings for anything I want.

It's not about complicating the UI, it's the PRO version, and the MORE options/control we have in the PRO the better.

Oh fair enough.

Just that you wrote something different in your original post:

"The reason I want to do this, is because every file type (720p, 1080p, 4K) requires me to use different settings so that NO hanging or NO crashing happens."

But if you're saying you'd use them for other reasons then I guess it makes sense...

"processing threads" should be set to "auto" and works fine - this why it's called "auto" big_smile
IF it isn't working fine then it's a question to the "auto" algorithm.

I mean that adding new manual options just to workaround some bugs is not a good idea.
It's much better just to fix those bugs.

6 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 14-05-2016 19:38:03)

What about the GPU acceleration though?  S/he never said that was to avoiding some sort of crashing.

> What about the GPU acceleration though?

I remember... big_smile

Chainik wrote:

It's much better just to fix those bugs.

The only way to fix the AUTO algorithm is probably to re-write the whole thing because it needs to fluctuate and change processing threads on the fly to accommodate every video differently, I think that way it would stop all the crashes and hanging issues. The AUTO would need to start automatically changing as the media player needs more processing threads and automatically decreasing when it doesn't. I don't know much about coding, but that sounds very hard to implement for ALL sorts of different CPU's and different CPU Architectures.

Also having those options there won't hurt, it will just give us extra options to play with for making IF statements. The point of the PRO version is that we have these extra options that allow us to modify and change things for different profiles.

It's completely up to you guys, I just hope (please) you consider these extra options for the future.

Adding GPU Acceleration device, processing threads (custom number), detect black bars, and outer lighting to that AREA in the picture so they can be controlled by different profiles (IF statements) set by the user.

I thought the amount of necessary processing threads is determined more by the SVP profile settings (including whether it's doing 2x, 3x, etc) rather than the video content, resolution, etc.