Topic: Cannot get it to work with GTX 970.

Hi!

I previously had Radeon 6870, running SVP @ 144fps without problems. (I have 144hz monitor).
Now, after upgrade to GTX 970 I cannot get GPU acceleration to work. I have tried reinstalling SVP3&4, tried different versions of nVidia drivers.
And still. My CPU usage is about 93-97% and im getting warning messages while playing videos that there are dropped frames.

As I look at GPU compatibility: https://www.svp-team.com/wiki/GPU_Compatibility my GPU sould be supported.

I would buy SVP Pro, if I could get it to work, because its a really great stuff!

Any suggesions?

2 (edited by xarunx 07-03-2016 18:31:49)

Re: Cannot get it to work with GTX 970.

Actually i have the same doubt. My cpu usage hits 95 percent with 1080p videos with gtx 970 when trying to run @60fps and it never hit 60 and i thought my CPU is weak (PC spec i5 2400[4 cores], 10GB ram, nvidia GTX 970, h77 motherboard and GPU acceleration is enabled in SVP). 

i have 2x svp pro license and one installed in my laptop which has the following specs (i7 2600m[2 cores] , 8gb ram and nvidia 540m and 1080p screen) and have same problem there too.

but works fine with 720p ( alter video frame size : decrease to HD ). in both pc and laptop all videos runs from 100-110fps at 720 (setting to fixed:120fps but i stick to 60fps though)

AND I THOUGHT MY CPU IS WEAK FOR 1080P in both cases though i HAVE a 970 in PC.

so that is not the case then?? i never checked GPU usage while using svp, and  currently i messed up svp by installing 64 bit frame interpolation engine and now its not detecting 32 bit pot-player ( have problems with 64 bit players shuttering,fps drops and crashed and need to run player as admin) sad

i am thinking of formatting and installing os again{windows 8} in both pc and laptop to make it work again(completely fell in love with svp and cant live without it).

and finally 6870 hit 144fps?? mine runs with 50fps with 970 and 1080p videos.  so the problem is ,its not using GPU acceleration? or my CPU is weak?.

THANKS

Your CPU is not weak, I checked passmark benchmarks for your i5 2400... its +-5800 (its like a normal FX or a good phenom II for amd)... but, I had a phenom II that matches your i5 2400 in performance. Its not great, but its simply good enough for medium settings on svp 4 without gpu assistance (only cpu). With gpu assistance you can get high svp settings (gpu acceleration enabled). If you want the best settings for svp (like ultra), you should be considering changing your processor, like I did.

Did you run DDU before re-installing your drivers?

That's normally how you can solve this issue - use DDU to uninstall any Intel, AMD, and Nvidia drivers.