1 (edited by Sora21 16-01-2016 20:16:14)

Topic: Low FPS , no obvious reason

Hi everyone
I just installed SVP4  and i get lame video playback, it's completely NON-Smooth
*There are  many fps glitches and dropdowns and the whole playback is laggy

I'm using MPC (x32) , Windows 10 64-bit , i7 5820K , 16GB Ram , AMD R7 260 , so I dont think it's weak hardware the reason.

I read that AMD's Crimson is faulty so i changed back to Catalyst's latest drivers, no improvement there.
I've also disabled the black bars animations.
Also tried switching between "higher performance" and " quality " , not good playback even at full performance either.

When i tried uninstalling , and installing back SVP 3.1.7 , everything was much much more smooth  ( except for 1 minor glitch , happening exactly every 1 second - a brief fps lag every 1 second
Any ideas?

P.S. I cant seem to find how to reset the default settings on SVP4.
The website says something about 5 presets, i dont see them anywhere though, neither a restore defaults button.
Thanks for ur time

Re: Low FPS , no obvious reason

Did you installed all components from installer package or separate install?

If it's separate install, I would suggest to uninstall all codecs you have and reinstall SVP4 back.

AMD's Crimson + win 10 here. Everything is smooth. Thats how filter list should look: http://i.imgur.com/wvkGJJX.png and Madvr ctrl+J http://i.imgur.com/hfCDb1k.jpg

tried complete reinstall with all components.  no change

I'm using ffdshow's OSD

if you really use ffdshow's OSD - don't do this, it's single threaded and slow as hell

Chainik wrote:

I'm using ffdshow's OSD

if you really use ffdshow's OSD - don't do this, it's single threaded and slow as hell

ok , wrong reference on the OSD then, but despite what it says the playback is really messy

7 (edited by mashingan 16-01-2016 16:17:57)

Are you using MadVR? Is this happened when upscaling the video?
If the answer of those two is yes, you need to lower upscale setting of MadVR.

Also, AMD Crimson driver only has trouble playing with some x64 player (using SVPFlow x64). No problem with the usual SVP4. (As long as your driver is not a legacy driver, if it's Crimson beta for legacy driver it's already explained here http://www.svp-team.com/forum/viewtopic … 212#p56212 )

mashingan wrote:

Are you using MadVR? Is this happened when upscaling the video?
If the answer of those two is yes, you need to lower upscale setting of MadVR.

Also, AMD Crimson driver only has trouble playing with some x64 player (using SVPFlow x64). No problem with the usual SVP4. (As long as your driver is not a legacy driver, if it's Crimson beta for legacy driver it's already explained here http://www.svp-team.com/forum/viewtopic … 212#p56212 )

Umm im kinda rookie on many things . Upscaling ????
And yes i am using MadVR

SPECIAL NOTE : When i tried uninstalling , and installing back SVP 3.1.7 , everything was much much more smooth  ( except for 1 minor glitch , happening exactly every 1 second - a brief fps lag every 1 second- ) .

The usual suggestion is - try to change the number of processing threads. Set it to 13, 15, and so on.

10 (edited by Sora21 16-01-2016 20:22:01)

Chainik wrote:

The usual suggestion is - try to change the number of processing threads. Set it to 13, 15, and so on.

HEY ! Thanx a lot , that seems to help things a lot !
  Do you have any explanation on this? Is there a specific number thats ideal for my cpu etc?

I still get a little small glitch -exactly- every 1 second . Any ideas on that ?

( also , how can i reset the default settings. i changed many things up and i'd like to reset the software. reinstalling wont do it )
Again thanks, that helped !! wink

11 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 16-01-2016 20:44:10)

Chainik wrote:

I can't help but think that maybe the behavior of "Auto" might need to be altered...

----------------------------------------------------------------

Sora21 wrote:

Do you have any explanation on this? Is there a specific number thats ideal for my cpu etc?

Your CPU supports 12 threads, so at a minimum you want to have SVP set to 12...but since that's not listed, start with 13.  Increase the amount as necessary until you get a perfectly smooth result.

Sora21 wrote:

I still get a little small glitch -exactly- every 1 second . Any ideas on that ?

Could you elaborate on what you mean?  Is it a performance stutter or a visual defect in the video output?

Sora21 wrote:

also , how can i reset the default settings. i changed many things up and i'd like to reset the software. reinstalling wont do it

The manual way would be to delete the following folder:

%appdata%\SVP4\settings

12 (edited by Sora21 16-01-2016 20:51:55)

Nintendo Maniac 64 wrote:

Could you elaborate on what you mean?  Is it a performance stutter or a visual defect in the video output?

Pardon me, but im kinda rookie. You can clearly notice a "stutter" of the motion-flow in a repetition of exactly 1 second. It is clearly obvious in fps-heavy scenes , eg camera following a car or people running etc.

thanks for the reply smile

Sora21
Thanx a lot , that seems to help things a lot !

what number works for you?

14 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 16-01-2016 21:15:53)

Sora21 wrote:

Pardon me, but im kinda rookie. You can clearly notice a "stutter" of the motion-flow in a repetition of exactly 1 second.

First off, try enabling "use direct3d 11 for presentation" in MadVR.

If that doesn't help, switch MPC-HC's output renderer to "Enhanced Video Renderer (custom presenter)" and enable 'Direct3D Fullscreen'.

If that doesn't help, then you can undo those 2 changes.  From there I'd like you to tell me the source framerate of your video and what framerate SVP is interpolating to.

Chainik wrote:

what number works for you?

through some quick testing i had i think it's 15

what about other values - 21, 23?

If that doesn't help, switch MPC-HC's output renderer to "Enhanced Video Renderer (custom presenter)" and enable 'Direct3D Fullscreen'.

in the " if that doesnt help i was expecting a "go to to hell " xD
So the second one fixed it out !  Thank you !

18 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 16-01-2016 22:03:05)

Sora21 wrote:

Hmmm, that might imply that whatever settings you were using in MadVR was too much for your PC...

Well, does the issue occur if you disable "D3D Fullscreen" but keep using "Enhanced Video Renderer (custom presenter)"?

EDIT: Also, if you're OK not using MadVR, then you'll probably want to set the resizer in MPC-HC to Bicubic (A=-0.60 has the least edge-sharpening, A=-1.00 has the most edge-sharpening).

19 (edited by Sora21 16-01-2016 22:06:40)

Chainik wrote:

what about other values - 21, 23?

23 definitely  not . It's the same as the original post situation

21 playback is good but does this weird thing : every few seconds i get random frames in the playback . Not "stuttle" just as if someone put a random frame in between the scene.
Now , i do get this once or twice a minute with 15 or other values, but of all 21 seems to anger it

Sora21 wrote:

Well, does the issue occur if you disable "D3D Fullscreen" but keep using "Enhanced Video Renderer (custom presenter)"?
Also, if you're OK not using MadVR, then you'll probably want to set the resizer in MPC-HC to Bicubic (A=-0.60 has the least edge-sharpening, A=-1.00 has the most edge-sharpening).

Well i dont know if MadVR is better, as long as playback is smooth im ok xD . So the D3D option doesnt ''bring back '' the 1 second issue , but despite being inconvinient it is more stable and smooth.
The moment you bring back MadVR output though it does come back .
Thanks on the sharpness also .

21 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 16-01-2016 22:23:15)

Sora21 wrote:

Well i dont know if MadVR is better.

It gives better visual quality when upscaling, but it's more intensive on your PC which usually means you can't have SVP set to run as smooth.

Sora21 wrote:

it is more stable and smooth.

Well if you really want it smooth, set MPC-HC to automatically change your refreshrate to an exact multiple of the video framerate.

Relevant thread starting from this post:
http://www.svp-team.com/forum/viewtopic … 012#p56012