Re: SVP with AviSynth 2.6 or AviSynth+ ?

MistahBonzai
Sorry. But Crimson 16.1 BETA driver for legacy Radeon adapters don't have correct implementation of OpenCL. OpenCL is needed to SVP GPU acceleration.

It confirmed by users:
- Radeon HD 5600 (Chainik);
- Radeon HD 6900 (SVP user via bug-report);
- Radeon HD 7850 (You).

Only way to use GPU acceleration in SVP is to use Catalyst 15.7.1 driver. It works fine.

Yeah, I knew there were problems with AMD/OpenCL but I hoped that the Crimson Hot Fix corrected the issue(s). My impression of the OpenCL oversight by AMD was that it applied to their final 'legacy' adaptors (my HD 7850 isn't listed as a legacy adaptor) but future updates to the Crimson package going forward would fix it for supported adaptors.

Oh well, in anycase the Catalyst 15.7.1 driver works fine but I won't feel right being stuck there - especially when Crimson 16.1 works with GPU acceleration on MPC-BE x86 and x64 as well as MPC-HC x86. I'll keep an eye on this and report back if anything changes. Thanks for taking the time to provide the update smile

MistahBonzai
Your adapter is not legacy adapter smile,
the 7000 series that considered legacy are only up to 7600

Do you have a dual-graphics system? For that I use Leshcat driver 15.11 which works perfectly.
http://leshcatlabs.net/

105 (edited by MistahBonzai 17-01-2016 05:23:24)

Well all right! After looking at the events log while attempting to run my x64 configuration with SVP4 (I don't use it per se but it certainly has some great diagnostic features) I discovered the entry warning me that "FFDShow: can't find system-wide installation". Now that may not have anything to do with x64 MPC-HC/madVR/LAV/ffdshow/SVP failing to enable GPU in the ffdshow script but on a hunch I (re)installed ffdshow x64 (rev 4533 sep 29 2014). And what do you know..it works. Now I can enable/disable GPU in both MPC-HC and MPC-BE (x86 and x64).

Note: The initial ffdshow installation was from a rev 4533 generic kit (it included x86 and x64). I simply installed the x64 version over it (before scrubbing it all out and starting over with ffdshow). And I got lucky smile