Topic: Whats the Definitive differences between Free vs Pro?

Guys I know! There is a chart already at the home site for comparison. But it does not explain much.

I want to know what would be a good advantage of having pro in terms on settings and playing videos at 60fps.

Would it help more with processing the video much more smoothly? Please list anything that could be beneficial, thanks!

2 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 11-12-2015 05:01:02)

Re: Whats the Definitive differences between Free vs Pro?

Perhaps on the webpage some screenshots and some 60fps YouTubes video that compares the various settings would be useful...

(If such videos ever do get made, I would highly recommend setting either the desktop resolution or the on-screen recorded area to 1280x720)

3 (edited by mashingan 11-12-2015 09:55:32)

tl;dr (look from bottom for the summary big_smile )

Advantage:
- Custom target frame rates: For some people, having cleaner look (or minimum artifacts you could say) is preferred than smooth motion, you can choose 2x, 3x or define your own target frame rate.

- Outer lighting: This feature will give you some nice lighting effects to fill the black bar when you display AR is not same with video AR. (correct me if I'm wrong)

- Manual adjustment of video profiles: No "silver bullet" setting that will answer the issues of smoothness vs artifacts. Every person has different preference, some like smoother while other like cleaner. This feature comes to help as pro version will give the friendly user interface to tweak the setting for FRC engine.

- User defined condition: This feature is closely related to above, for example, you want the different setting for 1080p and 720p video. This feature will automatically choose based on your definition and then select the setting appropriate based on setting adjustment.

- Support for 64 bit player: Although the feature is still planned development, having 64bit player to play the video greatly help when the CPU is really at limit. For example, there is video with this particular scene, when playing with 32bit player, I always get the max of 100% CPU usage, but when playing with 64bit player, the max is only 85% CPU usage, for me this helps greatly since I use audio processing too in the background and it could eat 5% of my total CPU usage

- Support additional module: see SVPLight and NaturalGrounding by Mistery.

- Support BD-3D video: this should be obvious smile

- Processing of Hi10p videos: This feature to preserve decoding video that has 10 bit color depth. The 10bit encoding helps, even though the display monitor is not 10 bit, to reduce banding while keeping the file size is smaller than 8 bit counterpart. By supporting processing Hi10p videos natively, there should be minimum/no loss when processed with SVP.

In nutshell:
The most advantageous among all is "manual adjustment of video profiles". This feature by itself is worth to subscribe to pro version.
Unless you want to fiddle and experimenting with various setting in SVPFlow by yourself, it's far more easier having GUI interface that will tell you the effect on the spot smile . You save your time by having it pro wink

To answer your question: "Would it help more with processing the video much more smoothly?" Yes, it does* smile

*: With the correct and your preferred setting. Not to mention you can even reduce some artifacts while you still enjoying the smoothness (this is subjective observation though big_smile )

4 (edited by Rhylar 11-12-2015 06:17:37)

mashingan wrote:

tl;dr (look from bottom for the summary big_smile )

Advantage:
- Custom target frame rates: For some people, having cleaner look (or minimum artifacts you could say) is preferred than smooth motion, you can choose 2x, 3x or define your own target frame rate.

- Outer lighting: I can explain more easily, so I defer it for now smile

- Manual adjustment of video profiles: No "silver bullet" setting that will answer the issues of smoothness vs artifacts. Every person has different preference, some like smoother while other like cleaner. This feature comes to help as pro version will give the friendly user interface to tweak the setting for FRC engine.

- User defined condition: This feature is closely related to above, for example, you want the different setting for 1080p and 720p video. This feature will automatically choose based on your definition and then select the setting appropriate based on setting adjustment.

- Support for 64 bit player: Although the it's still planned development, having 64bit player to play the video greatly help when the CPU is really at limit. For example, there is video with this particular scene, when playing with 32bit player, I always get the max of 100% CPU usage, but when playing with 64bit player, the max is only 85% CPU usage, for me this helps greatly since I use audio processing too in the background and it could eat 5% of my total CPU usage

- Support additional module: see SVPLight and NaturalGrounding (I'll edit for the url later) by Mistery.

- Support BD-3D video: this should be obvious smile

- Processing of Hi10p videos: This feature to preserve decoding video that has 10 bit color depth. The 10bit encoding helps, even though the display monitor is not 10 bit, to reduce banding while keeping the file size is smaller than 8 bit counterpart. By supporting processing Hi10p videos natively, there should be minimum/no loss when processed with SVP.

In nutshell:
The most advantageous among all is "manual adjustment of video profiles". This feature by itself is worth to subscribe to pro version.
Unless you want to fiddle and experimenting with various setting in SVPFlow by yourself, it's far more easier having GUI interface that will tell you the effect on the spot smile . You save your time by having it pro wink

To answer your question: "Would it help more with processing the video much more smoothly?" Yes, it does* smile

*: With the correct and your preferred setting. Not to mention you can even reduce some artifacts while you still enjoying the smoothness (this is subjective observation though big_smile )

Now this is an answer! Thank you! Just what I need