1 (edited by brandough 09-11-2015 17:40:02)

Topic: Extremely Choppy Video - SVP 4

Whenever I try to play a video with SVP 4 the video is extremely choppy. It's constantly jumping between around 2-4 second intervals in the video, but the audio is actually completely fine. I had this problem with the developer version of SVP 4 as well, but figured it was just because it was a beta version. I thought it wouldn't happen with the real 4 version, but it's happening. SVP 3 has no problems as usual.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think it happened after I installed the Avisynth plugin that came with the installation. Without it I kept getting an error message, so it's probably needed (sorry, i'm not too good with the technical stuff).

I'm not sure what to do. Any help would be much appreciated so I can enjoy the new SVP 4! Thank you!

This is for the Pro version

I'm not sure if this video for blocked for "copyright" or not, but if it works.. here's an example - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VApiz6ThulY

Re: Extremely Choppy Video - SVP 4

Take a look at the Events log.
Did you see something like

01:19:26.511 [i]: Playback: playing at 23.976
01:19:26.994 [i]: Playback [1c06de]: seek was detected - turning off and back on...
01:19:31.682 [i]: Playback [1c06de]: seek was detected - turning off and back on...
01:19:32.183 [i]: Playback [1c06de]: seek was detected - turning off and back on...
01:19:32.433 [i]: Playback [1c06de]: seek was detected - turning off and back on...
01:19:32.683 [i]: Playback [1c06de]: seek was detected - turning off and back on...
01:19:33.558 [i]: Playback [1c06de]: seek was detected - turning off and back on...

?

Try the new 4.0.0.47 build, hopefully it will fix this.

http://www.svp-team.com/forum/viewtopic … 501#p54501

Nope, nothing like that. Here's my whole event log.

http://i.imgur.com/DsyovOb.png
http://i.imgur.com/3H4el0q.png
I tried doing the text version, but it kept giving me warnings about " (i) was opened within itself, this is not allowed" when I tried to post here, so I just did it this way with screenshots.

I updated to that build, but unfortunately it didn't change anything.

I see somethings wrong of the screen refresh rate detection in your log, it show not only once but every time you tried to start a video playback.

1. Screens: screen 0 - 1920x1080 @1.000 Hz [using OS refresh rate], 96PPI
2. Playback: playing at 1.41035 [23.976*1/17]

How the hell could anything run at a refresh rate of 1.000Hz!?
Video playback at only 1.41035 frames per second!?

Keis wrote:

I see somethings wrong of the screen refresh rate detection in your log, it show not only once but every time you tried to start a video playback.

1. Screens: screen 0 - 1920x1080 @1.000 Hz [using OS refresh rate], 96PPI
2. Playback: playing at 1.41035 [23.976*1/17]

How the hell could anything run at a refresh rate of 1.000Hz!?
Video playback at only 1.41035 frames per second!?

I haven't touched any of the settings.
Do you have any ideas how to fix that? Like I said, I have no idea in regards to settings and all that... :\

SVP can't get access to DirectX functions to get real refresh rate.
1. Try to close all windows applications  (and games) which uses your GPU
2. Try to reinstall GPU driver (with clean install option)

And I see no GPU devices found in your system which support OpenCL. What GPUs do you have (AMD and Intel)?

The OS reports 1 Hz monitor refresh rate.
Never saw this before o_O

Are you using any "custom" video driver or maybe custom display modes or something like this?

Something is really broken in graphics drivers. Try to completely reinstall them first.

- no registry video card information
- both Intel's and AMD's drivers seem to be installed but there're no OpenCL devices on them
- 1 Hz reported refresh rate

If the problem is fetching the refresh rate couldn't OP just force frame conversion to whatever. Eg. fixed 60.

the problem is broken video drivers

10 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 11-11-2015 18:57:49)

Chainik wrote:

the problem is broken video drivers

If that's the case then it might be wise to run DDU in safe mode and then re-install your GPU drivers (preferably AMD or Intel ones if you're on Windows 10 tongue).

11 (edited by brandough 12-11-2015 04:56:39)

Ahh, right! Figured it might not be SVP since I haven't seen anyone else have this problem. :\ Thanks for helping me identify the problem!
Looked at my GPU and it had errors in the device manager and couldn't run it. Since then I've tried a clean install of the drivers a couple different ways. I even tried a new graphics card in my computer to see if maybe it's not the graphic card's fault and it still had the errors even with a completely different card. The problem seems to be the motherboard.

Going to try to resolve this issue and then see if SVP 4 runs smoothly.

brandough wrote:

Ahh, right! Figured it might not be SVP since I haven't seen anyone else have this problem. :\ Thanks for helping me identify the problem!
Looked at my GPU and it had errors in the device manager and couldn't run it. Since then I've tried a clean install of the drivers a couple different ways. I even tried a new graphics card in my computer to see if maybe it's not the graphic card's fault and it still had the errors even with a completely different card. The problem seems to be the motherboard.

Going to try to resolve this issue and then see if SVP 4 runs smoothly.

You did run DDU though correct? It's extremely important.
To give you an example, I once had two AMD cards in my system, the stuttering was so bad that I switched back to my Nvidia card, but then my Nvidia card didn't work right either, having tons of crashes, black screens, line artifacts, and just crazy glitches in general. I discovered DDU and ran it and it fixed everything. I had uninstalled the AMD driver so there was no reason why it would affect the Nvidia driver, or so I thought. Give it a shot if you haven't already!

13 (edited by brandough 15-11-2015 05:06:14)

Yeah, I did the clean uninstall through DDU. That's awesome something so easy fixed your problem! (not sarcasm.. not sure if it came across that way. lol..)

Gave my computer to my Uncle for him to try to fix yesterday and I just got an email saying it seems like it's fixed. He said "I re-installed Windows. There is a built in LED read out called Dr. Debug which showed no errors. Basically Windows had no viruses but something caused it to be corrupt causing the degraded audio and video performance."

Going to get it back tomorrow and see how it works out. I'll report back whether SVP 4 Pro runs smoothly!
Thank you everyone for trying to help! smile

14 (edited by brandough 16-11-2015 05:07:45)

Alright, so now it doesn't have the choppy problem, but a new problem has started.
Without SVP videos run fine, but once SVP loads the images get messed up. Parts of the video have a double vision effect and the colors get crazy.
Screenshots of what I mean - http://imgur.com/a/QtUxA
It doesn't happen in every single frame, but just about.
It actually caused my computer to crash twice.

Here's my event log - http://imgur.com/a/LifR4

Please help! Thanks!

edit: Just installed SVP 3 and it happens with 3 as well. Any ideas? :\

brandough
Computer crashes are bad sign. It is mean not all hardware functions properly. Maybe overheating, maybe driver, maybe hardware malfunction.
SVP4 can't cause computer crashes.

About wrong colors (chroma and luma from different frames). Try to reinstall SVP components: ffdShow, avisynth, MPC-HC, madVR. Useful thing is reset their settings to default.

Try to replace 'avisynth.dll' with the one from SVP 3: get it from SVP3-install-dir\Resources\Avisynth and place into video player's folder.

Question about avisynth.dll, official version have version number 2.6.0.4, but AviSynth site also have newer version of this file 2.6.0.5. Which one is better for SVP 4 Pro?

Slayer Moon wrote:

Question about avisynth.dll, official version have version number 2.6.0.4, but AviSynth site also have newer version of this file 2.6.0.5. Which one is better for SVP 4 Pro?

avs + r1779 is the best. Copy 2 files in player folder.

It is a fact or your own opinion? What kind of advantages avs + r1779 have?

I'm using avs+ r1779 mt edition too.

I've even been using it to watch with SVPFlow x64 since then.

I took MAG79's advise and reinstalled all SVP components and it had a lot of improvement. It doesn't have the discoloration and double vision for the most part doesn't happen anymore. After skimming a few videos, it only seems to happen now if there is text on the screen with a lot of movement going on behind it. The text is embedded in the video and not a subtitle.
Here's what I mean -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lo2ff3TlOUQ

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

Thank you for all the help so far too!

brandough
It is motion interpolation artifacts.
You can reduce them but not remove completely.
Try "anime" mode or use custom tunning.

23 (edited by brandough 19-11-2015 01:27:07)

Thank you for the help everyone! Everything seems to be fine now. big_smile
SVP 4 is working great!

MAG79 wrote:

brandough
It is motion interpolation artifacts.
You can reduce them but not remove completely.
Try "anime" mode or use custom tunning.

Ahh, okay. I'll play around with the settings, but it's not too distracting because it doesn't happen that often. Played videos for a few hours today and only noticed it a few times.
Thanks!