1 (edited by vitacola77 09-11-2015 14:00:07)

Topic: Absolute trash

So i preordered SVP 4 because SVP 3 was just SO amazing. I cant think about watching movies without it.
Well today i got my key for SVP 4.. uninstalled SVP 3 right away and installed 4.
After the installation crashing 2 times i got it to install and when i started my first movie, it lagged... the audio was getting asynchron and the framerate was like 10 instead of the base 24.... then SVP crashed again...
I thought: Alright maybe just reboot once.... Nothing changed... still crashes every now and then... the movies are just smoother without svp now....

AND THAT ON A GTX980 + i7 4970K ! DONT TELL ME MY HARDWARE IS TOO BAD!

I absolutly regret preordering (founding) SVP4. Even if this is the first version with many updates coming... you cant make a video (enjoyment) enhancer thats make video watching it even worse.

EDIT: Im installing SVP 3 now since that version works as intended

Re: Absolute trash

What those beta tester doing for such a long time?
I can't believe no one could tell SVP4 is doing worst than without it...

im on svp 3 again... hell yeah i love it....

Hell yeah~ Read my tread, i'm on the same boat.
http://www.svp-team.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2879

5 (edited by mashingan 09-11-2015 14:50:56)

Vitacola77
SVP 4 can coexists with SVP 3.

Maybe you want to try to install it again without SVP 3 uninstalled?

I don't know about SVP 4 Pro, but I tried installing SVP 4 Free before, (TP twice) and free version once, all were smooth for installation and un-installation.
That was without removing the SVP 3.

But yeah, I am still using SVP 3, or rather, I've been using SVPFlow x64 bit recently instead of SVP Manager big_smile

Edit: Vitacola77, I think the problem is in nvidia driver. It's known problematic since it's not backward compatible.
Read this faq, https://www.svp-team.com/wiki/FAQ#In_Wi … or_crashes

There's a rare bug we're trying to catch...

It looks like this in the Events log:

01:19:26.511 [i]: Playback: playing at 23.976
01:19:26.994 [i]: Playback [1c06de]: seek was detected - turning off and back on...
01:19:31.682 [i]: Playback [1c06de]: seek was detected - turning off and back on...
01:19:32.183 [i]: Playback [1c06de]: seek was detected - turning off and back on...
01:19:32.433 [i]: Playback [1c06de]: seek was detected - turning off and back on...
01:19:32.683 [i]: Playback [1c06de]: seek was detected - turning off and back on...
01:19:33.558 [i]: Playback [1c06de]: seek was detected - turning off and back on...

false seek detection two times per second followed by AVS script reloading.

If you're so lucky you get this - try to turn off reset on seek in the additional options.
And hopefully it will be fixed in the next release.

7 (edited by Ghosthree3 09-11-2015 17:00:31)

Just installed it myself. Was buggy upon first launch some settings in the control panel weren't working properly - like how black bars were treated, I couldn't disable the disgusting blur. But I restarted it and now it's working perfectly. Does seem like we had options taken away though. Working decently though and I'm unable to really notice any difference from 3 in performance so far so I don't mind yet...

EDIT: Nevermind found the options I thought were missing.

vitacola77

if you're still with us big_smile please try new build 4.0.0.47

Ghosthree3
Was buggy upon first launch some settings in the control panel weren't working properly

have you previously installed Technical preview?

Chainik wrote:

Ghosthree3
Was buggy upon first launch some settings in the control panel weren't working properly

have you previously installed Technical preview?

No, the first time I ever touched SVP 4 was after I got my email. Like I said though, working after I restarted it.

10 (edited by vitacola77 10-11-2015 15:41:50)

Its not hanging at 20fps anymore but still the video and audio gets asynchron all the time when i want the framerate to be the same as my monitor (144hz). Also its looking a bit washed out which i dont like. svp 3 did sharp pictures. I prefer those