Topic: Buggy Installer

I decided to wait until the Pro version (4.0.0.48) went public to give it a go and this is what I found.

I had to reinstall it 3 times before Avisynth installed itself from the main package _ kept getting "Avisynth need to be installed" message.
MPC was already installed and yet SVP wanted to install it again _ I am going to assume this is this way because ffdshow needs to be installed first before MPC.
MadVR didn't get installed at all _ had to manually install it and register it.

If I was going to start from scratch, I would manually install things first before relying on the automated SVP 4 installer.

When a new profile is made and the automatic options selections window appears there is still no explanation when hovering the mouse over any of the options.
Just "Need some valuable information here" I thought this was dealt with in one of the developer builds ???

Re: Buggy Installer

don't you think you could tell all this like a month ago? o_O

3 (edited by Jeff R 1 13-11-2015 20:44:16)

Re: Buggy Installer

Chainik wrote:

don't you think you could tell all this like a month ago? o_O

I suppose I could have, but no on else seemed to be having these specific problems, so I thought it was something that I was doing wrong on my platform.
But maybe not ???

I still haven't tried SVP on my HTPC yet, which is W7, maybe it will be better there. And it may be a while, I have to move the computer into the room where my monitor is and the computer is heavy and awkward to move _ it's connected to my projector now and I don't want to burn up lamp life trouble shooting and experimenting with SVP.
The machine that does have the install problem is an Alien Ware laptop running W10 _ but I can't see that making a difference other then the problem(s) with the NVIDIA driver.

Don't get yourself in a knot over it. roll