Topic: Bug/Issues with svp4 on w10 gtx960

Hello.

I'm using nvidia gtx 960, cpu 8-core, svp 4 free, windows 10, madvr, reclock, mpc-hc, dxva2 (copy-back), and when I watch videos, these weeks I've been noticing

that from 5 to 5 minutes the gpu usage comes to 0% for 1 second (but the video wont freeze), and then svp index becomes low, cpu usage maximizes and fps comes to near 10 fps...

and then 30 seconds later the audio and video arent matching anymore, and then gpu recovers and one minute after its all okay again............ 5 minutes later, all this process repeats again,..........is someone like me having this problem?

Re: Bug/Issues with svp4 on w10 gtx960

Is your GPU or CPU overclocked? And if yes, have you tested them both for stability yet?

no... but im using my geforce card in the 2nd pci-e slot...

Im having this problem... anyone?

Post's attachments

Untitled.png, 58.44 kb, 510 x 446
Untitled.png 58.44 kb, 456 downloads since 2015-10-23 

do you see the orange line?
it's a CPU's frequency... this fact may give you a clue wink

6 (edited by Blackfyre 24-10-2015 00:45:00)

What Chainik is telling you is that your CPU is throttling. The speed is decreasing and increasing, it is not consistently running @ 4.0Ghz. It's dipping and coming back up (that's called throttling) and it usually occurs when the CPU overheats, reduces its clock and voltage, cools down, then goes back up. It's not good for your CPU.

If it's not over-heating, then something else is causing the throttling, try to change your Windows POWER Settings to "Performance MODE" instead of "balanced" or "power-saving" (only do this if you're 100% certain that your CPU is not over-heating).

Use a temperature monitoring program like this one first:

http://openhardwaremonitor.org/

Run it... Run whatever video you were running above for two to three minutes with SVP obviously... Go back to Open Hardware Monitor and see your Maximum Temperatures for all your cores.

Thanks guys. I've studied this, and tested many options in the bios... the fact is when my cpu reaches 40.something ºC (and I have a water cooler) the frequency falls automatically... now I disabled turbo and overclocking, and I have lowered the voltage 0.5V... the results are: when my cpu is at 80% usage it does not reach 35°C.

Roberto Rossi wrote:

Thanks guys. I've studied this, and tested many options in the bios... the fact is when my cpu reaches 40.something ºC (and I have a water cooler) the frequency falls automatically... now I disabled turbo and overclocking, and I have lowered the voltage 0.5V... the results are: when my cpu is at 80% usage it does not reach 35°C.

What CPU do you have? What kind of an 8-Core CPU throttles at 40 something degrees celsius? That's very strange...

Hi there, actually this was a "VRM" problem. I've been on a overclockers forum, and the problem was with my motherboard. I've changed my mobo from 4+1 power to 8+2 and its all okay now, with no throttling from my fx-8370.

Roberto Rossi wrote:

Hi there, actually this was a "VRM" problem. I've been on a overclockers forum, and the problem was with my motherboard. I've changed my mobo from 4+1 power to 8+2 and its all okay now, with no throttling from my fx-8370.

Bingo! Everybody likes to get a POS motherboard to save money, that's exactly why you don't! With AMD it's 8+2 or go home! big_smile

Roberto Rossi wrote:

With AMD it's 8+2 or go home! big_smile

4+1 should be fine for their APUs and the like since they pull less power than the FX CPUs...

12 (edited by cookieboyeli 09-11-2015 06:04:19)

Nintendo Maniac 64 wrote:
Roberto Rossi wrote:

With AMD it's 8+2 or go home! big_smile

4+1 should be fine for their APUs and the like since they pull less power than the FX CPUs...

Oh right! I forgot their APU's existed! hahaha

That's a bit sad...