Re: The $10 "Free Forever" tier needs $15 donation for Mac?

Chainik wrote:

Nintendo Maniac 64
FYI, mine personal job is making software for civil surveillance radars wink
And yes, SVP is just a hobby. But I really hope that sometime I could name "SVP Team" as my employer.

Then it's worth paying for SVP just to stop putting these genius skills into developing surveillance radars tongue

It's misleading and bordering on fraud.

Having a tier which is "You will get full unlimited version of "Next-Gen" SVP no matter what." and then after hitting a stretch goal requiring $5 for the Mac OS version is... definitely feeling scammy.

All users who purchased the $10 tier before the $15 tier was added should get the Mac OS version, not just those who bother to complain in reply to the update email.

I think this is only unfortunate misunderstanding and miscommunication.

Windows users definitely getting what they're promised.

Since you have Mac, so you only think/see in Mac user's point of view. Since I use Windows, I think in Windows user's point of view.
From my view point, there's no problem whatsoever with the campaign.

For the first place, SVP is developed for Windows, the campaign was targeted for re-writing the SVP manager in Windows.
So Mac users want the same "privilege" with Windows users when the devs need to re-write core library, not just the manager?
Oh please, There ain't no such thing as a free lunch lol

mashingan
Since you have Mac, so you only think/see in Mac user's point of view.

First words about Mac version was said on June 29th.
nallar donated on June 27th.

Hmm....  hmm  big_smile

Chainik wrote:

mashingan

Hmm....  hmm  big_smile

I'm not sure why that matters? The tier stated "You will get full unlimited version of "Next-Gen" SVP no matter what.".

A stretch goal for Mac support was added, the stretch goal was hit. When I saw those update emails, I assumed that my $10 full" unlimited next-gen no matter what" would include Mac support. Demanding additional money after already reaching a stretch goal, and contrary to the description of the $10 tier is just being greedy.

Since the reaction from discussion here seems to be that it doesn't matter that the $10 tier is misleading, I've opened a complaint with indiegogo.

Well, I understand the confusion, but I believe the team has done more than enough to clear up the confusion with their mail update and updated information on the campaign page. It would seem to me that Mac OS X and Linus versions weren't the plan from the start, but seems like an idea that came up when thinking of a worthy stretch goal of the campaign.

57 (edited by Mystery 01-08-2015 18:57:30)

From my programmer's perspective, it probably will be MORE work to get SVP to work with VLC on Mac/Linux than to rewrite the Manager in Windows. I'd say, much more work, and more unpredictable roadblocks will get in the way. I wasn't expecting this goal at the start of the campaign, but I admire that the devs are stepping into that vision.

nallar
I've opened a complaint with indiegogo

Do you really want us to not make / release anything?  hmm

http://www.loveoflifequotes.com/funny/a … stupidity/

nallar wrote:
Chainik wrote:

mashingan

Hmm....  hmm  big_smile

I'm not sure why that matters? The tier stated "You will get full unlimited version of "Next-Gen" SVP no matter what.".

A stretch goal for Mac support was added, the stretch goal was hit. When I saw those update emails, I assumed that my $10 full" unlimited next-gen no matter what" would include Mac support. Demanding additional money after already reaching a stretch goal, and contrary to the description of the $10 tier is just being greedy.

Since the reaction from discussion here seems to be that it doesn't matter that the $10 tier is misleading, I've opened a complaint with indiegogo.

While i agree the wording is misleading, i think you are over reacting completely.
A mistake in wording is just that and the whole intent was to make this and add more support and 64bit etc. I doubt your complaint will go very far.

and if the complaint succeeds at stopping this project, then you'd have an angry mob knocking at your door

Mystery wrote:

and if the complaint succeeds at stopping this project, then you'd have an angry mob knocking at your door

The aim wasn't to stop it, just to get the misleading information changed.

Sorry about being so.. angry/annoyed about this. Thinking about it again, it doesn't matter - you guys did the right thing by offering the mac version to anyone who purchased before the date. Don't know why I got so annoyed about it... :s